What yiz wearing in Germany - Euro 2024 - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

What yiz wearing in Germany

Kilt and a fake huge boaby to flash at the locals and scare the children (i saw this in Milan once)

Trainers (Adidas Sambas)

Glengarry with as meany pheasant feathers as possible to (literally) get up the noses of the fans behind me

Club top (will switch between Aberdeen and Rangers, depending on present company)

1 hour ago, Dave78 said:

Kilt and a fake huge boaby to flash at the locals and scare the children (i saw this in Milan once)

Trainers (Adidas Sambas)

Glengarry with as meany pheasant feathers as possible to (literally) get up the noses of the fans behind me

Club top (will switch between Aberdeen and Rangers, depending on present company)

🤣

33 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

If you wear trainers with a kilt you will not get your hole

Fact

Good job i'm also bringing a suitcase with Levi's and packs of Marlboro to persuade the ladies of east Berlin then!

Really starting to consider my wardrobe the closer we get . Time rich yet cash poor I’m hoping to be in Germany for a few weeks and the last 16 game is in one of five fuk nose where places. 
so the weather will play a major role for the attire I may wear . The expected weather for this summer is due to be unprecedented. Mid summer and all that means the longest of daylight times. 
Germany is very accepting of nudity. There will be quite a few people enjoying the English garden in Munich taps and kilt off. Weather dependant look to start walking from there to opening game. 

Having had some scorchers recently I’ve taken to leaving the kilt at home

Oslo

Cyprus

Seville

(And the Rugby World Cup in Marseilles, Nice and Lille)

That said, it’s a tournament so need to go balls out (literally) and wear the kilt.
I’ll take with but only wear on match days. Shorts every other day. Fingers crossed for wall to wall sunshine. 

J

20 hours ago, Dave78 said:

Trainers (Adidas Sambas)

😂😂

17 hours ago, Shaundy said:

Germany is very accepting of nudity. 

😱, god, even the new top has to be an improvement on that. 

For the benefit of Rolling Hills most recent reincarnation , I have yet to decide on my attire but safe to say  I will most certainly be packing my iron …. 

I’ve been deliberating that very thought over the last couple of days

Generally you’d put a kilt on to fit in but noticed in Amsterdam a couple of times if you wanted to fit in the jeans was the attire of choice

Taking a kilt and all the trimmings you might wear 3/4 times on a 4 week trip to Germany is unnecessary kilos out of your luggage allowance

Its certainly a topic that needs some good thought put into 

other countries would give their eye teeth to have a nationally known symbol like the kilt to wear

international tourneys are about all that for me, camaraderie and different sights and sounds.. so i'll be wearing the kilt at least some of the time!👍

Edited by PapofGlencoe

1 hour ago, P4ULY said:

Got to be done. Kilt is getting packed and a variety of ludicrous T-Shirts.

Better wearing your kilt to travel, be a lot of weight in your baggage allowance.

Kilt and a Scotland top on matchdays. Given the expected temperatures, talcum powder will also be a must.

I'll stick the kilt on other days when I'm there, depending when the mood takes me. The day after a Scotland win I'll be likely to have it on. 

You would be better wearing your kilt when travelling

Less baggage weight

Likely wearing some cargo shorts or Jeans dependent on weather and have three scotland shirts at the moment so will try to wear a different one each day. Likely buy a few retro ones as going for a week.

I've got tickets for France Austria so might wear my 1998 WC Zidane number 10 top to that one as its pure quality 

Shorts, variety of Scotland tops (which ones depends on if I manage to lose weight). All my kilts have shrunk, not sure what happened but I blame doctor who.