Scottish cup 2023/24 - Page 11 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish cup 2023/24

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Entirely predictable result, I actually fancied the huns to win 4-0 which they could have late on. 
A few takes with a Scotland perspective for me;

Craig Gordon - no thank you,

John Souttar - no thank you and

Shankland  - just dreadful, in no way good enough to lead the line for Scotland at the Euros. A squad player at best.

6 minutes ago, slasher said:

Entirely predictable result, I actually fancied the huns to win 4-0 which they could have late on. 
A few takes with a Scotland perspective for me;

Craig Gordon - no thank you,

John Souttar - no thank you and

Shankland  - just dreadful, in no way good enough to lead the line for Scotland at the Euros. A squad player at best.

Souttar had a mare but he’s been pretty solid all season. He’ll be on the bus. 

Edited by EddardStark

2 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

Souttar had a mare but he’s been pretty solid all season. He’ll be on the bus. 

I’m sure he will be but hopefully for our sakes won’t be required 🤞🏻

14 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

What’s the kick off for the old firm final? I kind last time the Scottish cup final got shifted till half 5 for the FA cup. I can’t imaging Humza Yousafs private army will be keen on that idea

It'll be 3pm, and Ian Maxwell won't be trying to change it this time, I imagine.

2 hours ago, slasher said:

Aren't all our strikers squad players?

Can't believe it's been 22 years since wee met that shower of shite in a Scottish Cup Final.. Be more than happy to pump them again !! I was planning on coming over for the Final but have a fucking wedding to attend in Toronto same weekend !! Mrs.Ramy said Nae chance😡😡😂😂

1 minute ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Can't believe it's been 22 years since wee met that shower of shite in a Scottish Cup Final.. Be more than happy to pump them again !! I was planning on coming over for the Final but have a fucking wedding to attend in Toronto same weekend !! Mrs.Ramy said Nae chance😡😡😂😂

Do you concede that they are the same club now?

23 hours ago, LoganRoy said:

Maybe if another 8,000 backed them today they would have done it. 

Don't think it would've made any difference. Hearts took almost 20k to play rangers and did absolutely nothing.

Ffs when would you ever see James Forrest score a goal like that for Scotland or against a European club side. Not to mention the calamitous first Celtic goal.  And when you see hearts level today you just can’t see any non old firm club winning anything for the forseeable.

There's been quite a few controversial incidents involving Celtic at Hampden the last few years - Saturday there, the Killie stonewaller, the offside goal against Rangers LCF, the non-penalty decision for the push on Porteous LCF etc.

All the referees are against them right enough.

31 minutes ago, Mitre said:

There's been quite a few controversial incidents involving Celtic at Hampden the last few years - Saturday there, the Killie stonewaller, the offside goal against Rangers LCF, the non-penalty decision for the push on Porteous LCF etc.

All the referees are against them right enough.

How strange it is that  some Celtic fans and client pundits adopt rational thought when VAR rules controversially in their favour.

Edited by EddardStark

12 hours ago, Toepoke said:

If it's only once every 20 odd years I can live with that.

It's not so much that, it's the fact it's a clean sweep of old firm wins again.