Scottish cup 2023/24 - Page 6 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish cup 2023/24

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, dandydunn said:

Both on premier, but Aberdeen V Celtic also on bbc

12:30 Saturday for us and 3pm Sunday for you. 

Not an ideal scenario for the Celtic contingent making it over from Ireland and Palestine at that time of the morning 

• 4 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

Apparently Hearts will be hit for £100k by the SFA if they don’t sell their remaining semi final ticket allocation. 

Where did you read this? 

2 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

I honestly don't know why Hibs and Hearts do this to themselves and why the SFA allow it. 

There is simple solution when facing one of the OF at hampden. 

1. 50/50 split is agreed at the start

2. The NOn OF team is given a deadline to sell their allocation

3. They sell each section on at a time

4. If the deadline date is reached and the Non OF side have not sold their allocation, their remaining tickets go to the OF club.

Its not rocket surgery

2 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

I honestly don't know why Hibs and Hearts do this to themselves and why the SFA allow it. 

4. If the deadline date is reached and the Non OF side have not sold their allocation, their remaining tickets go to the OF club.

Its not rocket surgery

The problem is segregating Hampden. Would probably mean having to sell the North Stand allocation last, and that's where most fans want to go.

Edited by Toepoke

23 hours ago, Toepoke said:

The problem is segregating Hampden. Would probably mean having to sell the North Stand allocation last, and that's where most fans want to go.

Aberdeen were told in December that segregation of the north stand isn’t possible……..

3 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Aberdeen were told in December that segregation of the north stand isn’t possible……..

It’ll be a sure thing if both the OF get to the final🤔

19 minutes ago, RDFH64 said:

It’ll be a sure thing if both the OF get to the final🤔

We’ve seen it segregated hundreds of times, but it just suits an agenda at the time to say it can’t be. 

On 4/10/2024 at 3:35 AM, vanderark14 said:

Its not rocket surgery

This

Anything else fucks up their pretence of neutrality, and rightly fuels contempt

On 4/9/2024 at 10:15 PM, Toepoke said:

I missed this post but as the others have said. Segregation isn't a problem at all, it's only a problem when the sfa don't want to challenge the old firm.

Just look at how both sem finals have been handled.

On 1/19/2024 at 2:41 AM, glasgow jock said:

Looking forward to the Clyde v Aberdeen game tonight, big noisy crowd and also some Aberdeen fans 😄 our form has certainly improved since Ian McCall took charge and certainly don't expect us to be bottom of the pile come May.

Aberdeen should win quite comfortably, can't see them having a repeat of the Darvel game.

This is a free hit for us tonight, league games & our survival way more important

image.png.021b3fe207a76995d4f5adb74ccd80e2.png

an old picture of our last Scottish cup fixture (1984 IIRC) check the crowd packed inside Shawfield, im in there somewhere a young 18 year old  - that Aberdeen time where a bit tasty (think that was Jim Leighton in goals for Aberdeen)

I remember the game ; but wasnt at it - 2-0 win for Dons - for some reason i recall there was only 2000 or so at the game ? But that photo doesn’t suggest that

i think the willie garner reference may of been another / earlier game tho as i honestly dont recall him featuring at that stage - season we beat celtic 2-1 in final i believe 

on the stadium thing ; is tenuous link to clyde / qpr / wimbledon and thames afc ( bizarrely played in a 120k stadium but had one of the lowest ever league attendances )

On 4/12/2024 at 9:18 AM, Reidster78 said:

Think Aberdeen issue came up as the had sold from middle north stand and round to West, instead of West round to north. My memory may be playing tricks on me but sure that was the case. 

What game was that?

On 4/12/2024 at 9:18 AM, Reidster78 said:

Think Aberdeen issue came up as the had sold from middle north stand and round to West, instead of West round to north. My memory may be playing tricks on me but sure that was the case. 

That was Hibs not Aberdeen.

Seems a lovely day at Hampden. Good luck to Brendan and the Boys this afternoon. Laying in bed at home watching it live on Premier Sports.. Got to love today's technology... It's my Birthday weekend so Mrs.Ramy has allowed me to enjoy the match and cooking ma breakfast.. 7am over here....😁

11 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Seems a lovely day at Hampden. Good luck to Brendan and the Boys this afternoon. Laying in bed at home watching it live on Premier Sports.. Got to love today's technology... It's my Birthday weekend so Mrs.Ramy has allowed me to enjoy the match and cooking ma breakfast.. 7am over here....😁

Booooooooooom