Disgrace - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Disgrace

kumnio

Don't think Ive seen a cheat like that before, they were an absolute disgrace. Never want to see anyone get injured, but I wouldn't blame a Scottish player for nailing some of them.

Their fans were no better, chucking items to the fans below, all while a hundred of their security twats watched and did nothing.

If they were the least bit interested in stamping out cheating they would use that game as training material for referees and there would be retrospective action taken on the culprits . But they won’t. They don’t care , especially between 2 wee diddy teams. 

I do not know how Steve Clarke was able to remain respectful and calm at the end, shaking hands and appearing friendly with their manager . I would have been going off ma fookin head 😡 Even if we had thrashed them 6-0 I would be angry at their behaviour. 

That nothing was one about the minority chucking stuff at us for the last 20 or so minutes should lead to action by UEFA, but it won't.

Guy next me hit by a coin, met another guy who had been hit by a can and glasses full of pish. Have heard of folks being spat on and someone hit by full water bottle.

A shame because Georgian people have been welcoming all week.

1 hour ago, GLOSTA said:

That nothing was one about the minority chucking stuff at us for the last 20 or so minutes should lead to action by UEFA, but it won't.

Guy next me hit by a coin, met another guy who had been hit by a can and glasses full of pish. Have heard of folks being spat on and someone hit by full water bottle.

A shame because Georgian people have been welcoming all week.

I was in the Georgia end & I could see it, really shocked & wonder where it came from, great people here so welcoming but they are getting seriously pissed off at all the Russians hiding here so maybe that's making them a bit more nationalistic & disrespectful to foreigners. Idk not trying to make a excuse for them just trying to make some sense in it. 

I always remembered getting buses out of the ground after the game in 2007 and there was a bit of a boisterous collection of home fans goading us and spitting at the buses. 

Maybe the football crowd mentality and culture is just way different from the people that folk were encountering in the city centre. 

Edited by AlfieMoon

I was at the game last night and like many have echoed on here, they really were a dirty, cheating outfit. Any small bit of contact and they were rolling around on the floor as if they had been kicked in the balls by a pair of military combat boots. Ref was no better and was a coward for constantly falling for their antics.

As for the Georgian fans, their actions at FT certainly took us all by surprise. Wasn’t expecting them to act like a bunch of sad, pathetic Millwall fans at FT. They were extremely welcoming and seemed to enjoy having the Tartan Army over in their country and there was no indication that they seemed like a hooligan lot. Seen tons of missiles, coins, bottles, cups full of beer and even some random bits of half eaten food being lobbed into our tier below. I didn’t get hit luckily but seen a few folk being skelped. What made it worse was the security on that above tier just seemed to be finding it all very comical and enjoying the Scotland fans being lobbed with various objects from their own fans. Makes me think, what that fanbase must be like when they lose?

13 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

There's gamesmanship, there's diving and then there's Georgia. 

if they want us VAR, use it for simulation too.

I missed this, the rage I feel when I see them pulling this shit. Would happily of took a couple of reds to go straight through the cheating bastards

I can see both side of the arguments from what went on at the game. The game itself aside where we can agree the gamesmanship was particularly poor, despite them also outplaying us for large parts of the game, we also lost our heads.

In terms of the fans it would have been partly overspill from the fact that some of the Tartan Army drunken behaviour is indefensible (myself included at times). Loads of people on their holidays effectively absolutely taking the piss in what was clearly a very run down and impoverished area of the city.

You never want to see anyone get badly hurt over football but I can respect that in the heat of the moments that tempers were flaring over. At the end of the day be grateful for the heavy security presence (similar set up to Armenia) and the fact that eventually after the game when everyone realised that no one wanted to fight, the atmosphere was  friendly again. Including plenty of dancing with Georgian fans in the metro station after.

It was quite an adrenaline rush all in.

4 minutes ago, N4Footsoldier said:

I can see both side of the arguments from what went on at the game. The game itself aside where we can agree the gamesmanship was particularly poor, despite them also outplaying us for large parts of the game, we also lost our heads.

In terms of the fans it would have been partly overspill from the fact that some of the Tartan Army drunken behaviour is indefensible (myself included at times). Loads of people on their holidays effectively absolutely taking the piss in what was clearly a very run down and impoverished area of the city.

You never want to see anyone get badly hurt over football but I can respect that in the heat of the moments that tempers were flaring over. At the end of the day be grateful for the heavy security presence (similar set up to Armenia) and the fact that eventually after the game when everyone realised that no one wanted to fight, the atmosphere was  friendly again. Including plenty of dancing with Georgian fans in the metro station after.

It was quite an adrenaline rush all in.

Odd summing up to say the least both about them outplaying us for large parts of the game and the behaviour of a section of their support. Can't agree with either. 

32 minutes ago, thesaint said:

Odd summing up to say the least both about them outplaying us for large parts of the game and the behaviour of a section of their support. Can't agree with either. 

Well on the game itself they definitely moved the ball about much quicker than us at times and that Napoli boy absolutely ran rings around our defence.

On the fan behaviour- the TA are no angels by any stretch, is the point I'm making

13 minutes ago, N4Footsoldier said:

Well on the game itself they definitely moved the ball about much quicker than us at times and that Napoli boy absolutely ran rings around our defence.

On the fan behaviour- the TA are no angels by any stretch, is the point I'm making

On the game check the stats. In what world is lobbing various objects onto people below them acceptable or understandable? Ridiculous. 

4 hours ago, N4Footsoldier said:

Apart from the Napoli dude they were gash. And even he was just as cunty for the feigning injury as the rest of the loathable dickwads

Michael Stewart was bang on when commentating on the way the Georgians were falling over. I recall he said that one of their players was running around just after he went down like he had a career threatening injury and also they were rolling about as if they were playing on concrete. Totally summed it up.

UEFA also need to have a serious look at the standard of the officials as we've suffered more than once with some very poor referees in this campaign.

On 11/17/2023 at 4:10 PM, AlfieMoon said:

I always remembered getting buses out of the ground after the game in 2007 and there was a bit of a boisterous collection of home fans goading us and spitting at the buses. 

Maybe the football crowd mentality and culture is just way different from the people that folk were encountering in the city centre. 

2007 was the only game I can remember that the SFA provided a little handbook thing advising a list of things not to do. 

We had a great time however was several iffy moments that could have went either way. Completely forgot about the busses to and from the game.

13 hours ago, thesaint said:

On the game check the stats. In what world is lobbing various objects onto people below them acceptable or understandable? Ridiculous. 

The point being the TA is littered with drunken cumbersome fannies that will surely cause offence in some parts of the world. We even had a whole thread here about our own fans doing the exact same thing as the Georgians at our last game.

Fortunately enough other than possibly a handful of flashpoints it was all handbags at best.

7 hours ago, N4Footsoldier said:

The point being the TA is littered with drunken cumbersome fannies that will surely cause offence in some parts of the world. We even had a whole thread here about our own fans doing the exact same thing as the Georgians at our last game.

Fortunately enough other than possibly a handful of flashpoints it was all handbags at best.

If you think that gives bastards the right to shower them with coins and cups full of pish etc then you are confused to say the least. As far as i'm concerned nothing more to say on this.