Tartan Army Embarrassment - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Tartan Army Embarrassment

slasher

The team had an off night, but fuck me the support had a shocker!

From ‘Harry Kane’s a mongo’ to the complete lack of support when the team really needed it to the mass exodus at the 3rd goal. Embarrassing.

The ‘tartan army/Hampden roar’ is now a complete myth!

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, slasher said:

The team had an off night, but fuck me the support had a shocker!

From ‘Harry Kane’s a mongo’ to the complete lack of support when the team really needed it to the mass exodus at the 3rd goal. Embarrassing.

The ‘tartan army/Hampden roar’ is now a complete myth!

Thought I heard fans singing cheerio 

A team goes down 3 1 in the final 5 mins to their oldest rivals and fans start to leave. Sounds like what would happen at every home ground in the UK to me.

I doubt Pittodrie would be packed on the 85th minute if aberdeen were being dominated by rangers and rangers were 3 1 up

I doubt celtic park would be rocking if they were down 3 1  in a CL match or against rangers in the 85th minute. 

3 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

A team goes down 3 1 in the final 5 mins to their oldest rivals and fans start to leave. Sounds like what would happen at every home ground in the UK to me.

I doubt Pittodrie would be packed on the 85th minute if aberdeen were being dominated by rangers and rangers were 3 1 up

I doubt celtic park would be rocking if they were down 3 1  in a CL match or against rangers in the 85th minute. 

You talk some amount of shite armchair guy. 

3 minutes ago, slasher said:

The comparison you made is a nonsense. 8 times a season the sheepworriers play the cheeks for a start. Go to bed and stop talking pish!

😆 I think you need to do exactly the same. Your talking just as much pish as anyone else 😆 

Edited by vanderark14

Just now, slasher said:

I’m fine. I was at the game. I’m home now like you’ve been all night 🤔

I have been home all night. Not easy to get to games when you live 435 miles away from hampden and your personal circumstances mean you can't go that often. I'm sure it makes you feel superior because you can get to the games quite easily. 

Crack on slasher. Have a good night and cheers 🍻 

It’s no that difficult VA. 
Someone who was at a game posts some comment on behaviour at the game. You expect maybe some discourse from others who attended maybe taking a different view.

What you don’t expect is some condescending pish from some cunt who has been sitting in his hoose aw night………in fuckin England!

2 minutes ago, slasher said:

Someone who was at a game posts some comment on behaviour at the game. You expect maybe some discourse from others who attended maybe taking a different view.

What you don’t expect is some condescending pish from some cunt who has been sitting in his hoose aw night………in fuckin England!

Where I am has nothing to do with it, your using that as some sort of stick to beat me with because my point is valid and I disagree with you. 

There are not many supports anywhere who would be rocking their ground when 3 1 down to their bitter rivals and most if not all grounds would be empty with a few minutes to go in that situation. 

You've no idea what my circumstances are and why I can't get to games yet you try and belittle me for it. If anything I'm disappointed in you because I thought you were one of the top posters on here. All the best to you anyway

I'm out of this thread 

16 minutes ago, slasher said:

You lost at this point

Go to bed 

2 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Where I am has nothing to do with it, your using that as some sort of stick to beat me with because my point is valid and I disagree with you. 

There are not many supports anywhere who would be rocking their ground when 3 1 down to their bitter rivals and most if not all grounds would be empty with a few minutes to go in that situation. 

You've no idea what my circumstances are and why I can't get to games yet you try and belittle me for it. If anything I'm disappointed in you because I thought you were one of the top posters on here. All the best to you anyway

I'm out of this thread 

You picked one facet of 3 points I raised because you wanted to take issue here. Remember that.  That said…..

i hope your circumstances are good whether near or far but I think we all prefer eyewitness accounts or at least I do anyway.

It was certainly not my intention to belittle you in any way, I was merely frustrated at the support tonight and I know I’m not alone in that. 
Genuinely sorry if I’ve upset you in the process m8

Support were fine tonight. Loudest booing of GSTQ ive heard. Wonderful rendition of FoS.

When game kicked off the Scotland fans treated the game for what it was, a friendly. You arent ever going to get non stop vocal home support singing in these games. When things happened on the pitch the crowd reacted accordingly.

Didnt hear the Harry Kane song but no reason to doubt that it was sung. Stupid song as are many and you have to question any grown adult singing it. Same as the adults who play hard man to the away support knowing theres about 50 yards and 100 police between them.

As others have said, some fans left at 3-1. Not surprising and wasnt a mass exodus.

On another note. Half time is getting worse every campaign.

The Hampden roar is present when the moment dictates. Noise during anthems was as loud as you are likely to hear. Many top pros have said that a bouncing Hampden isone of the loudest stadiums they have played in. Im sure Gary Neville recently said that he has never been in a stadium that shock like Hampden was during the 2-2 game.

Wasnt about in the 60s etc when there was 100k but id be surprised if there was 90mins of constant noise back then.

Like most things in modern day society. The minute something gets a name and the name becomes useable / sellable / marketable then it losses something. I find it cringey when the announcer asks to hear the Hampden roar, in the same way I hate when people talk about the "tartan army".