Scotland v England - Match Thread - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland v England - Match Thread

romanticscot

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This feels like the Euros and the Ukraine play-off all over again: so much excitement, but giving too much respect to our opposition; England are of that level where they'll punish us. The first goal was coming; the second was shocking to concede. We need to show a bit more ambition in the second half.

They break fast, pass well which we will be vulnerable.  Robbo making a rare costly error.  It's not over by any stretch but I feel Adams is too short for this defense and they defend in numbers, unless we speed up play on the rare occasion, we attack they will lap it all up too easily. 

Edited by romanticscot

4 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

Next 2 games are Spain and France away. Just need to be careful  we  don’t damage our confidence going into a crucial final three games. 
I’m confident we’ll beat Georgia and I can’t see Norway beating Spain. 

Alternatively, better to be found out/ have bubble burst in a friendly rather than in a competitive game. Maybe England was the 'barometer' we needed that Clarke referred to, to go up against one of the top sides in Europe, as a preparation.  

6 minutes ago, exile said:

Alternatively, better to be found out/ have bubble burst in a friendly rather than in a competitive game. Maybe England was the 'barometer' we needed that Clarke referred to, to go up against one of the top sides in Europe, as a preparation.  

Agree up to a point . We coped rather better against Spain..we had a go

Just now, ThistleWhistle said:

Just back from dad's taxis back from gymnastics- might circle the block an hour 😆 

😂

The half time analysis/commentary is just as bad as watching the match. Hopefully we'll come back in the second half as I can't bear the reports putting 'Jocks back in their box' and all that guff. 😐

1 minute ago, StirlingEgg said:

😂

The half time analysis/commentary is just as bad as watching the match. Hopefully we'll come back in the second half as I can't bear the reports putting 'Jocks back in their box' and all that guff. 😐

They have 3 English hosts/commentators to one Scottish. Channel 4 sense of balance right there. 

1 minute ago, StirlingEgg said:

😂

Farcical really - Southgate was sniffing the sack yesterday and now he's a genius