Spanish football - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Spanish football

Anyone else been following the goings on at the top of Spanish fitba

what an absolute roaster the head of the Spanish Fa is.

Kissing players, grabbing his crotch, giving players fireman's lifts, and then doubling down on it by saying he won't resign, 

5 times he said he wouldn't resign at a special meeting and was Cheered on by both the woman's(FFS) and the men's team managers .

I can't see him surviving for long.... But who knows 

The women, the world Champions, say they won't play again while he's in charge.

It's seems to me that he is an arrogant misogynistic ,chauvinistic  bully.

On a side note 

I wonder if it will affect the men's team ( and therefore help🤔with our qualification) 

Edited by stocky

Eighty female players have apparently refused to play for Spain until he's sacked.  Where the fuck are the blokes?  The sad truth is if Rodri for example said as captain of the men he wasn't playing the next round of euro qualifiers this bellend's arse would be bouncing down the stairs in minutes!

Hermoso and her family instead were getting pressured to release a statement to save this guy.  Imagine your daughter being Spain's best player when nobody give a shit; being miles off as a team 8 years ago; galvanising a squad fragmented with loads pulling out because they didn't like the coach and; somehow being the best side in the world.  Yet, your daughter isn't being asked about any of that but instead some baldy twat who obviously doesn't know how to conduct himself in the moment nor on reflection.

How the fuck has a bloke managed to make his country's women winning a world cup all about a bloke?  [/quote]

I hadn't seen the crotch grabbing til earlier today. Really creepy, I was prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt to then but not now. He needs to go. Good for Borja, other male players need to take a stand. They take a knee against racial discrimination, how about taking a stand against sexism.

1 hour ago, 86glebestreet said:

The Spanish woman didn’t even like their coach. Some Spanish players said they didn’t want to be included in World Cup squad because of the coach.

He was applauding the speech that Rubiales made......

How can he ever manage the women's team again.

Aye, the men's team need to make a stand.

39 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Why did they dislike their coach so much?

Seems to have been a raft of issues...

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/sep/23/mutiny-spain-squad-women-football-refuse-play-oust-head-coach-jorge-vilda

Spanish women's football has had quite a history of misogyny, against which a lot of progress has been made in recent years (culminating in the huge improvement in their national team) but this has been a real setback.

Edited by Toepoke

8 hours ago, Hertsscot said:

I hadn't seen the crotch grabbing til earlier today. Really creepy, I was prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt to then but not now. He needs to go. Good for Borja, other male players need to take a stand. They take a knee against racial discrimination, how about taking a stand against sexism.

I hadn't seen either. It's immature and unseemly, especially for someone in his role. As for the kiss thing - I think that has been blown massively out of proportion. It appeared to me, at face value anyway, to be the over-exuberant reaction of someone elated at his team winning. There are countless examples of similar reactions in the men's game.

If the lassie was genuinely upset by the kiss (and her comments the following day suggested she wasn't all that bothered by it) then surely a full and frank apology should suffice. Sacking someone for that alone is just bonkers. There are obviously ructions within the Spanish FA - I don't know what but clearly it hasn't been a happy camp for a while - and this is being weaponised to try and force the guy out.

It's also (predictably, in this day and age) being used by people who wouldn't watch the women's football World Cup final if it was being played in their back garden, to further agendas that have nothing to do with sport.

50 minutes ago, scotlad said:

I hadn't seen either. It's immature and unseemly, especially for someone in his role. As for the kiss thing - I think that has been blown massively out of proportion. It appeared to me, at face value anyway, to be the over-exuberant reaction of someone elated at his team winning. There are countless examples of similar reactions in the men's game.

If the lassie was genuinely upset by the kiss (and her comments the following day suggested she wasn't all that bothered by it) then surely a full and frank apology should suffice. Sacking someone for that alone is just bonkers. There are obviously ructions within the Spanish FA - I don't know what but clearly it hasn't been a happy camp for a while - and this is being weaponised to try and force the guy out.

It's also (predictably, in this day and age) being used by people who wouldn't watch the women's football World Cup final if it was being played in their back garden, to further agendas that have nothing to do with sport.

Well said....🤟

On 8/26/2023 at 7:53 PM, scotlad said:

The video of 'that kiss' has been shown dozens of times now. After it she is clearly seen smiling so hardly someone offended or stressed out by it but is now being used as a trump card to get rid of him from the job.

He is evidently loathed by many in the professional ranks and does not have the support of so many. He should recognise the damage this is doing to the game in Spain and go. His position is untenable.

4 hours ago, SlamDuncan said:

The Spanish FA is now asking UEFA to suspend them due to government intervention! Would mean clubs kicked out of European competitions and I assume the national team withdrawn from the current qualifying too?

https://www.ondacero.es/deportes/futbol/andreu-camps-amenaza-gobierno-uefa-salvar-jefe-luis-rubiales_2023082864ec43655df8e30001ed7133.html

I suspect it won't come to that but if it did, would that mean all results against Spain in the qualifiers be expunged?  Because if so, that would be to our detriment, given that we beat them.  Just our luck!

2 hours ago, Caledonian Craig said:

The video of 'that kiss' has been shown dozens of times now. After it she is clearly seen smiling so hardly someone offended or stressed out by it but is now being used as a trump card to get rid of him from the job.

He is evidently loathed by many in the professional ranks and does not have the support of so many. He should recognise the damage this is doing to the game in Spain and go. His position is untenable.

It is, but I'm not sure I'd be so quick to chuck in what's presumably a very well-paid job, not for something as minor as he's being castigated for.    

This geezer was in charge of the women for 30 years until 2015:

The current coach doesn't let the women lock their hotel rooms and carries out random spot checks is one of the accusations. 

The head of FA kept him in post despite 15 players pulling out so they're mates.  The head of the FA was also accused of taking backhanders in moving the Spanish Super Cup to the Middle East.

The kiss itself is a sacking matter and genuinely don't get anyone defending it.  The reaction smacks of desperate self preservation as on the face of it looks like a shit load of potential skeletons in the closet.

• 2 weeks later...