Arrogant Supporters... - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Arrogant Supporters...

So, was watching the Canada vs USA Gold Cup quarterfinal match last night. I have to say I can't stand American fans. They way they dress, the way they moan, the way they give it the USA, USA, USA, just makes me boak. It's as if they think the world owes them something. Even the arrogance of their players was evident. Honestly reminds me of the engerlish who I fuckin despise over anyone else, but the yanks are a close 2nd. So over your travels, which countries supporters have you found not so friendly, and maybe even a wee big arrogant. I must remind you all, I am by no means a bigot or racist, just not to fond of the yanks, and hate the fuckin English support with a passion...

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't hate any support as a whole any more

The problem with England is their media............thats not restricted to football. I want england to lose every match they play and have great banter with my english friends when Scotland or England are playing. 

50 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I don't hate any support as a whole any more

The problem with England is their media............thats not restricted to football. I want england to lose every match they play and have great banter with my english friends when Scotland or England are playing. 

Fair play. I was at my mates stag this weekend, he is from Pourtsmith, and one of my best mates. Few other lads from England were there, we are all good mates. I think you are correct VA in the "media" bit. It's cringworthy listening to their bias english pish constantly. Same as the Americans. Like you, I hope they get pumped in every sport they are involved in. 

1 hour ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Fair play. I was at my mates stag this weekend, he is from Pourtsmith, and one of my best mates. Few other lads from England were there, we are all good mates. I think you are correct VA in the "media" bit. It's cringworthy listening to their bias english pish constantly. Same as the Americans. Like you, I hope they get pumped in every sport they are involved in. 

Same as the scottish media towards the Old Firm?

5 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Yay, I had 3 posts in my personal sweep till someone mentioned the Old Firm!! 

Edit - staying clear of this one 😆 

Edited by vanderark14

Celtic and Rangers supports are seen by the rest of us in Scottish football as largely self entitled and arrogant.

EPL fan boys who call every other league around the world "farmers leagues" are arrogant beyond belief. 1 - they wouldn't know as they only watch the EPL and 2 - 70% of the players in the EPL come from those so-called "farmers leagues." The tossers can't have it both ways. They can't spend all their time making such remarks about other leagues then, just for example, Liverpool supporters are pleased when they spend a shitload on Darwin Nunez from Benfica. For that signing, any number of recent signings into that league could have been used.

So, for me, they are the most arrogant fan bases.

In international terms, I don't think there really is arrogance from the supporters. Media, yes, but on the whole, fans just hope their country does as well as possible and occasionally performs above expectations.

3 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

There is no old firm, and the Scottish media hate Celtic because of our class, and success. They love the sevco though, no bias there.

If you honestly believe that you are deluded.

Everything in Scottish football coverage and media resolves around Celtic and Rangers. It sells papers etc so makes sense but I always find it funny that some OF fans cant see it.

Probably in the same way some England fans cant see the bias in their media.

1 hour ago, Diamond Scot said:

If you honestly believe that you are deluded.

Everything in Scottish football coverage and media resolves around Celtic and Rangers. It sells papers etc so makes sense but I always find it funny that some OF fans cant see it.

Probably in the same way some England fans cant see the bias in their media.

Sevco sells papers for all the wrong reasons. FACT !!!

11 hours ago, stirlish said:

Wales.

Shower of arrogant fuds.

Met a few decent England fans on my travels but Wales take the biscuit.

Won't need to worry about the Welsh fan base for at least another couple of decades. Looks like they are well and truly back in their box. 

14 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

There is no old firm, and the Scottish media hate Celtic because of our class, and success. They love the sevco though, no bias there.

Ramy, if a yank or guffy posted that you would say they were an arrogant mother fucker 🫣

12 hours ago, stirlish said:

Wales.

Shower of arrogant fuds.

Met a few decent England fans on my travels but Wales take the biscuit.

After meeting a few of them before the last game against them at Hampden I couldn’t agree more, smug arrogant fuds.

1 hour ago, RDFH64 said:

Ramy, if a yank or guffy posted that you would say they were an arrogant mother fucker 🫣

Correct, because they are both tits !! I believe the underlying problem is folk think because I reside in Canada, I do not have proper knowledge of the game of football. That is incorrect. I have played at the top level, managed at the top level, have an Ottawa CSC, Soni know whatbis going on. My statements, responses, feelings, are factual with over 50 years of footballing experience. If folk just except I know what I'm talking about, this board would be a happier place... Cheers and Thank you.. HH1l 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🇮🇪