Season 23/24 - Page 70 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

3 hours ago, slasher said:

We had a net bound shot blocked on the line by accidental handball vs St Johnstone earlier this season.

No penalty, no red card…..just saying 🤷🏼‍♂️

We had exact same happen against you. 

Just saying. 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

We had exact same happen against you. 

Just saying. 

Even Uber hun Boyd didn’t think that was a penalty. Regardless of opinion it’s a poor example as the the other two are far more clear cut. 
I don’t have an issue with a penalty being awarded if it’s prevented a goal but a red or even yellow card for accidental hand ball seems totally unfair. It’s the rule that needs changed. 

Edited by slasher

The 1st Rangers possible penalty that the ref got sent to the monitor for was embarrasing. Never a penalty in a million years.

The actual penalty I can see why it was given however it goes back to the handball rule in its current form being really unclear and not workable. The defender didnt move his arm, before or after to make himself bigger. The ball literally just hit his arm from close distance. 

That being said I actually think he fouls the Rangers player anyway as he makes an attempt for the ball, doesnt get it and then connects with the Rangers players thigh if I remember correctly.

Watched the Celtic game. Not sure if its been clarified elsewhere but the 1dt goal only appeared to show one blue line. Do they not normally have a line for the attacker and another for the defender? The angle that was shown on TV was very unclear. Im assuming the VAR studio had better angles.

Im not sure how much the gold standard of VAR costs but id like to see something Uefa paying alot towards it from the Champions League / Europa League profits. It cant be right that the top leagues get the gold standard VAR and smaller leagues get the version they can afford when they are all meant to be under the one umberella.

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

If it was you lot you'd have had a statement out by 5pm demanding to hear the VAR audio. 

So we’re agreed it’s hysterical nonsense then?!

2 hours ago, LoganRoy said:

What day will you and the family start the bigotry and is it only for Old Firms, or is it for every game?

Ok , let's have it then! Where did I mention bigotry, and why are you bringing my family into this ? So if I have read the above post correctly, you have now accused my wife and 2 sons of being bigots !!! 

Looking forward to this reply ! 

2 hours ago, LoganRoy said:

What day will you and the family start the bigotry and is it only for Old Firms, or is it for every game?

Still waiting !! Billy Big baws you are, let's have it then for all to read !! 

1 hour ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Ok , let's have it then! Where did I mention bigotry, and why are you bringing my family into this ? So if I have read the above post correctly, you have now accused my wife and 2 sons of being bigots !!! 

Looking forward to this reply ! 

1 hour ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Still waiting !! Billy Big baws you are, let's have it then for all to read !! 

Ah I didn't know your wife was into it too.  Cool. So, you got the rebs on yet?

1 hour ago, StirlingEgg said:

Cracking goal from Partick Thistle there, good match too. 

Thistle have certainly improved since I last saw them at Cappielow but Airdrie have still looked like the better side here. Could go all the way to extra time and pens on Friday this.

28 minutes ago, slasher said:

Thistle have certainly improved since I last saw them at Cappielow but Airdrie have still looked like the better side here. Could go all the way to extra time and pens on Friday this.

I didn't see it from the very start so didn’t realise Airdrie were much better initially. Might be Friday night's watch then! 

53 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

Do Brewdog have any links to Aberdeen FC. Maybe a bit of an investment opportunity ?

Brewdog are cunts, would hope the Dons would never consider it 

1 hour ago, EddardStark said:

Do Brewdog have any links to Aberdeen FC. Maybe a bit of an investment opportunity ?

No links as far as I know

15 minutes ago, LoganRoy said:

Brewdog are cunts, would hope the Dons would never consider it 

the owner certainly is a Grade A Cunt, I see he is stepping down as CEO.

On 5/7/2024 at 12:37 PM, Fairbairn said:

I'm sorry but that's just hysterical nonsense.

What's more hysterical nonsense - me believing VAR is operated differently for the OF than it is for the diddies or your apparent belief it's operated equally even at Ibrox? 

1 hour ago, ThistleWhistle said:

What's more hysterical nonsense - me believing VAR is operated differently for the OF than it is for the diddies or your apparent belief it's operated equally even at Ibrox? 

Yours. 

Posted (edited)

If Dortmund and Atalanta win their respective European finals then it’s highly likely Hearts will get an automatic place in the group stages of the Europa League. 

Edited by EddardStark

57 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

If Dortmund and Atalanta win their respective European finals then it’s highly likely Hearts will get an automatic place in the group stages of the Europa League. 

Unlikely, but terrific news. 

I’m seeing the same sort of confidence about tomorrow from some of our fans that I saw in the huns ahead of the first derby match and I don’t like it to be honest. I’m going to walk into the Merchant City after the game and meet Mrs Slasher, hopefully for a few celebratory drinks. 
Hopefully a pleasant day in the sunshine and nae feckin nonsense!

44 minutes ago, slasher said:

I’m seeing the same sort of confidence about tomorrow from some of our fans that I saw in the huns ahead of the first derby match and I don’t like it to be honest. I’m going to walk into the Merchant City after the game and meet Mrs Slasher, hopefully for a few celebratory drinks. 

I'd be surprised if Celtic don't batter rangers tomorrow

On 5/7/2024 at 5:32 PM, slasher said:

Even Uber hun Boyd didn’t think that was a penalty. Regardless of opinion it’s a poor example as the the other two are far more clear cut. 
I don’t have an issue with a penalty being awarded if it’s prevented a goal but a red or even yellow card for accidental hand ball seems totally unfair. It’s the rule that needs changed. 

Clear cut? Johnston dived in the direction of the ball and the ball hits his hand (accidental) and no pen was given. If he doesn't dive, it doesn't hit his hand. 

Wright was literally on the line, ball hits his hand accidentally (doesn't move towards the ball like Johnston) and it's a red card and pen. 

Both aren't pens IMO but only one player moved direction to stop the ball and it wasn't wright.

1 hour ago, slasher said:

Rangers are 13/5.. I am not confident. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Clear cut? Johnston dived in the direction of the ball and the ball hits his hand (accidental) and no pen was given. If he doesn't dive, it doesn't hit his hand. 

Wright was literally on the line, ball hits his hand accidentally (doesn't move towards the ball like Johnston) and it's a red card and pen. 

Both aren't pens IMO but only one player moved direction to stop the ball and it wasn't wright.

I don’t want to go down a rabbit hole over a penalty claim from months ago. You’ve got your opinion and I’ve got mine, let’s leave it at that.

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

I'd be surprised if Celtic don't batter rangers tomorrow

That would be nice and it’s possible if we are clinical but I think it will be tight.

Edited by slasher

4 hours ago, slasher said:

I'm relaxed about tomorrow mate. I'm not getting overly carried away, as in the past, we learn not to get to confident. To be fair though, if Celtic get an early goal, and keep pressure on Sevco, it will be a long afternoon for Mr.Butland....  Clement was so very cocky when Sevco were 5 points in front of us, that's the difference between him and Rodgers. Rodgers knows how to beat them.....Would love to fuckin batter them if I'm being perfectly honest though.... Vermin !!

Hail Hail Slasher....👊👊👊

On 5/4/2024 at 6:00 PM, Toepoke said:

Congratulations to Clyde on staying in the league. They looked beyond hope, a great comeback from Ian McCall's team 👏

Just catching up cheers TP 👍hopefully he stays and has a rebuild during the summer with his first pre-season with our club.