Season 23/24 - Page 50 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

6 hours ago, Diamond Scot said:

Ramy, you have openly admitted to being a "90 minute bigot" on here previously who sings all the rebel songs, songs in support of the IRA etc.

Does that make you and absolute scumbag aswell?

For the record I think McCoist is a great example of everything that is wrong about the west coast of Scotland. That its fine to be openly bigoted as long as you are a funny, cheaky chappy who has like minded Catholic mates who give you the banter back.

Plenty of bigots outwith the West Coast Some of the most bigoted OF fans i've had the misfortune of meeting have been in the likes of Lewis, Peterhead and strangely, Perth. Was in a pub in Perth one midweek at Christmas, we were playing St Johnstone, Old Firm was on the same night. A few locals took an absolute kicking off some folk from Killie for singing about Tommy Burns dying, No Pope of Rome etc. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Plenty of bigots outwith the West Coast Some of the most bigoted OF fans i've had the misfortune of meeting have been in the likes of Lewis, Peterhead and strangely, Perth. Was in a pub in Perth one midweek at Christmas, we were playing St Johnstone, Old Firm was on the same night. A few locals took an absolute kicking off some folk from Killie for singing about Tommy Burns dying, No Pope of Rome etc. 

Sadly you are correct. Its not just the west coast however in my experience its certainly more day to day in the west coast.

5 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

I'm not a football pundit, who young kids look up to, a Scottish football legend, a representative of a football club so to speak.. Yes, I will go off my nut Sunday morning, play a few rebel songs, get in the mood with my pays.... Then that's it.. 

Difference is, I did not go on public radio and tell the entire fuckin world to go complete bigot on Sunday !! He just prompted hate and bigotry whether you like it or not.. Folk will act on this because of who he is !! 

I called Ally McCoist a bigot few year ago on this board and got pelters for it. Well I guess I wasn't wrong after all. 

No disrespect to you mate, I see what you were saying, but it's completely different dynamic.. I'm just a wee Celtic supporter, a nobody, McCoist is a so called legend spreading his hatred..... 

Tommy Burns was Celtic and interim Scotland manager…

56 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Agree with you about bigot OF fans in Peterhead, we’ve got houses with Union Jack flags & one with William of Orange on horseback flying in their gardens, numerous cars with Rangers number plates i.e. W55ATP. 🤯

9 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

This sums up the ridiculousness of the old firm rivalry. 

It's time both sides put the sectarian shite to one side. You can still be rivals, that doesn't have to end. 

On 3/31/2024 at 11:42 PM, kumnio said:

If it was the other way round, he would be sacked by now, up on FA charges and most likely the police would be involved. Obviously a different situation, but when Shelley Kerr hosted a meeting drunk that ended up in tears and players having issues, it was swept under the carpet. Different standards apply to different sexes, who would have thought that.

I see that Emma Hayes has blamed male aggression, what a two faced pig ignorant cow she is.

No action taken against Hayes. If that was a mens match.....the offending manager would have a touchline ban and possibly a fine.

A clear message sent to men working in the women's game.. if they had any sense they'd get the fuck out of it and let women do it on their own. 

25 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

It's time both sides put the sectarian shite to one side. You can still be rivals, that doesn't have to end. 

Never happen. The hatred and bigotry coming from Ibrox is a way of life.....

18 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

No action taken against Hayes. If that was a mens match.....the offending manager would have a touchline ban and possibly a fine.

A clear message sent to men working in the women's game.. if they had any sense they'd get the fuck out of it and let women do it on their own. 

I agree. I'll probably get pelters for this, as usual, but I believe woman should stick to their own when it comes to football. It's a man's game !!! 

10 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

It’s a clip taken from a film - Shadow On The Earth. Pretty sure the full film is on YouTube. 

Set in a working class community in Scotland at the end of the 1950s it is a beautiful examination of idiotic adult divisions, social, religious, political and sexual, as seen through the eyes of Billy, an incredulous but obviously intelligent small boy. Billy and his somewhat less sensitive chums seem to pick up the multi-faceted bigotry, anger and paranoia of the surrounding grown-ups and distill this cocktail into their fear of a local shy and light-averse albino man, who they gradually convince themselves, is an alien from outer space.

3 minutes ago, Bobster said:

It’s a clip taken from a film - Shadow On The Earth. Pretty sure the full film is on YouTube. 

Set in a working class community in Scotland at the end of the 1950s it is a beautiful examination of idiotic adult divisions, social, religious, political and sexual, as seen through the eyes of Billy, an incredulous but obviously intelligent small boy. Billy and his somewhat less sensitive chums seem to pick up the multi-faceted bigotry, anger and paranoia of the surrounding grown-ups and distill this cocktail into their fear of a local shy and light-averse albino man, who they gradually convince themselves, is an alien from outer space.

Cheers Bobster. You are correct, I just searched it on YouTube, and the complete film is available...

25 minutes ago, Bobster said:

Yep it's quality. Set on the West Lothian Coalfields in the 60s.

15 hours ago, Diamond Scot said:

Sadly you are correct. Its not just the west coast however in my experience its certainly more day to day in the west coast.

Aye, it will be. Sadly being as close to NI and having the two biggest football clubs which thrive on bigotry to stay the two biggest clubs, will always see this.

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

Never going to happen and will never be encouraged to happen. Too many "fans" would lose interest. As Squirrelhumper says above - they thrive on it.

2 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Punish the clubs for their fans behaviour.

"Rangers and Celtic with comprehensive 4.0 wins at the weekend, however due to their fans behavior, 2 points have been docked".

1 hour ago, LoganRoy said:

Punish the clubs for their fans behaviour.

"Rangers and Celtic with comprehensive 4.0 wins at the weekend, however due to their fans behavior, 2 points have been docked".

Screenshot_20240404-111741.png

Some read the last few pages. Seemingly your own bigotry is fine, but not theirs.

Everyone knew this, but its always a laugh seeing bigots get annoyed cause the other bigots said something that they didn't like.

2 hours ago, kumnio said:

Some read the last few pages. Seemingly your own bigotry is fine, but not theirs.

Everyone knew this, but its always a laugh seeing bigots get annoyed cause the other bigots said something that they didn't like.

👏this

2 hours ago, kumnio said:

Could not agree more. Some folk need look at themselves in the mirror.... Well said Kumnio...👍