Bucket Hats. No just no. - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Bucket Hats. No just no.

Caledonian Craig

10 hours ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Sampling the build-up in Glasgow but must say a pet hate of mines seem to be growing in number - bucket hats. I am not sure why but they annoy me greatly. They are something I associate as worn by weans on trips to the seaside or adopted by England and Wales fans or as worn by Bill and Ben the Flowerpot Men. Annoying. Another headwear I cannot stand are the water polo hats worn by Croatia fans.

Just a thread to ease the tension.

Give me them over glengarrys with daft feathers anyday.

7 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Give me them over glengarrys with daft feathers anyday.

Correct.  I remember sitting in Moldova and could hardly see the game for one.  My pal pulled it out and gave the guy it back after the game.  I don't think these guys that wear  them realise that the Scotland fans behind them have a restricted view.  The very least they could do is to take them off during the game.

2 hours ago, SamP said:

Correct.  I remember sitting in Moldova and could hardly see the game for one.  My pal pulled it out and gave the guy it back after the game.  I don't think these guys that wear  them realise that the Scotland fans behind them have a restricted view.  The very least they could do is to take them off during the game.

And miss their TV moment. 

2 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

And miss their TV moment. 

Aye, and call themselves legends lol.  Whatever floats your boat.  Can you remember yon eejit that used to wear the Indian Headress.  Can't remember his name but met him a few times.  I heard he had passed away a few years ago. 

19 minutes ago, Slide tackle said:

Some of the things you see people wearing to the games are embarrassing, bucket hats are fine. Especially when there’s 50 year old men with glengarrys, kilt jackets or tops with bannockburn 1314 to a football game😂.

They are totally embarassing.  Some older guys dressed like that are an embarassment.  Scotland top, pair of jeans for me.  No need to say 'look at me'.  They seem to think wearing these or having tattoos makes you more of a Scotsman.  Trying to tell themselves I suppose.  But each to their own.  

6 minutes ago, SamP said:

They are totally embarassing.  Some older guys dressed like that are an embarassment.  Scotland top, pair of jeans for me.  No need to say 'look at me'.  They seem to think wearing these or having tattoos makes you more of a Scotsman.  Trying to tell themselves I suppose.  But each to their own.  

100% mate 

On 6/20/2023 at 2:16 PM, Caledonian Craig said:

Sampling the build-up in Glasgow but must say a pet hate of mines seem to be growing in number - bucket hats. I am not sure why but they annoy me greatly. They are something I associate as worn by weans on trips to the seaside or adopted by England and Wales fans or as worn by Bill and Ben the Flowerpot Men. Annoying. Another headwear I cannot stand are the water polo hats worn by Croatia fans.

Just a thread to ease the tension.

Ditto Craig, too much of the "Brit abroad" about them for me. 

Edited by Bzzzz

Ordered my newest flower pot hat , been wearing them since my teens in the baking sun. Do wear my dads old baseball St Mirren caps too. On a roasting day I’ll soak the ‘bucket hat’ pop in the freezer for a bit and enjoy the temporary relief. Also, from the years of swimming I have sometimes endulged in then diving in and swimming with a bucket hat is fine. 
looking forward to next summer in Deutschland then my trip case will include a see you jimmy wig , two kilts (wet ones take a bit) face paints, flags and lots of other shite. 

Gonna buy myself my first Scotland top in my puff. The white away from Saturday against Norway. 
never been one for no different new kits but did think the white kit at the weekend can only have helped. Coming from a believer that some of the sfa would have been asking for long sleeve pullover in traditional dark blue.

do like the detail 

I sometimes wear a hat going to the Scotland games (depends on weather) but it would def be a Scotland bucket hat, way better and more practical than those daft wee hats with the massive feathers (even worse are the ones with the pin badges) think the lads / lassies that wear them call themselves "Footsoldiers" 😄😀😄