SNP leadership election - Page 89 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

SNP leadership election

1 hour ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

Everything the murrells touched in the party needs destroyed, I will take zero pleasure with what is going to unfold and am pretty gutted about it,this maybe sounds drastic but in a way I have been grieving for the party for a while and came to an acceptance with what they have done to it, I dare say there will be many more like me 

Its time like this where I ask whether Scotland will ever achieve or if it even deserves to be independent. 

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Its time like this where I ask whether Scotland will ever achieve or if it even deserves to be independent. 

Not when the main party of independence is led by someone with no strategic political killer instinct regarding how to achieve it.

All i want is Alex Salmond back and a big bag of cans

I take it aaid is waiting on his instructions from SNP HQ on what to post?

What a complete and utter pigs' breakfast these fkwits in the SNP have made of the last 8 years.  Get them to fck.  If we need to start again from the ground up then so be it, but these fkin clowns are not fit for purpose.

Leaving aside today's events (and i have my suspicions regarding the police in all of this - the timing, the 'incident tent' optics of it all), Sturgeon's legacy will surely be one of failure.

She was handed a very good hand in the political poker game thanks to Brexit, and has screwed it up.

To paraphrase from an old quote from the battle for Ireland's independence, England's difficulty has been Scotland's wasted opportunity.

5 minutes ago, daviebee said:

Maybe they expect to find the hopes and dreams of the independence movement buried under the patio?

4 minutes ago, daviebee said:

If we need to start again from the ground up then so be it, 

Well it is that time of year for resurrections and all that......

13 minutes ago, Dave78 said:

All i want is Alex Salmond back and a big bag of cans

😂

thanks for giving me a laugh at a shit time. 

2 minutes ago, Dave78 said:

Leaving aside today's events (and i have my suspicions regarding the police in all of this - the timing, the 'incident tent' optics of it all), Sturgeon's legacy will surely be one of failure.

She was handed a very good hand in the political poker game thanks to Brexit, and has screwed it up.

I too find it all a bit convenient re the police. 
Wtf is a tent needed for ? 
But its hard to disagree with your comments about NS either , given what is going on. 

1 hour ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

The “what about them” won’t cut it here. We need to accept what they have done and work out a way to get past it. Next Ge is a complete write off, the party needs to be smart in its next steps 

Well said the first part not so sure about the latter. 

There's plenty mud around for everyone to hide behind. 

Wings reporting that Sue Ruddick has also had an "interesting morning"

She was expected to be the new CEO

12 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

😂

thanks for giving me a laugh at a shit time. 

Brendan Rogers just got sacked by Leicester and is available. I'd make him SNP CEO

To be honest I pretty obviously lost faith in the SNP a few years back from a governing perspective- maybe they recover maybe they don't. 

In terms of Independence it's superfluous though as even if they rise like a Phoenix they're a busted flush as a vehicle for next time. We got hammered on the economy rightly or wrongly last time and if they can't manage a biscuit tin, or have spectacularly mismanaged it, in comparison it's an open goal to the opposition on any economic projections moving forwards.

Staunch members of the police seem to be enjoying it as the tent seems way over the top.

6 minutes ago, ThistleWhistle said:

Staunch members of the police seem to be enjoying it as the tent seems way over the top.

Hard to judge who is enjoying it more. Them or oor Malcolm.

2 hours ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

The “what about them” won’t cut it here. We need to accept what they have done and work out a way to get past it. Next Ge is a complete write off, the party needs to be smart in its next steps 

Absolutely!  Fraud and corruption is fraud and corruption regardless of who, how much etc and anyone guilty of it deserves everything they get.

I just find it staggering how quickly it's been jumped on by the police up here in Scotland compared with all the dodgy dealings that were going on during the pandemic down south.  Although that probably says a lot more about the current state of the MET rather than our police.

I really hoped the SNP were a party that could stand above the likes of the corrupt WM parties, but I guess it's true what the say, power corrupts, and 15 years in power is plenty of time for corruption to set in.

2 minutes ago, kwhitelaw said:

Absolutely!  Fraud and corruption is fraud and corruption regardless of who, how much etc and anyone guilty of it deserves everything they get.

I just find it staggering how quickly it's been jumped on by the police up here in Scotland compared with all the dodgy dealings that were going on during the pandemic down south.  Although that probably says a lot more about the current state of the MET rather than our police.

I really hoped the SNP were a party that could stand above the likes of the corrupt WM parties, but I guess it's true what the say, power corrupts, and 15 years in power is plenty of time for corruption to set in.

the snp were that party right up until sturgeon took over. 

15 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

the snp were that party right up until sturgeon took over. 

I'm still willing to give Sturgeon a small benefit of doubt considering;

Since 1 April 2009, Scottish ministers, including the first minister, have voluntarily had their salaries frozen. Their actual pay remains at 2008-09 levels, and the difference between that and current Scottish Parliament recommended entitlements is given to the Scottish Government for public spending. 

That does not smack of someone who is knowingly participating in fraud or corruption with the membership

When Sturgeon and her cabal took over there was a humungous increase in membership and therefore finances - something that no other political party has ever had to contemplate - it must have been like Christmas every day

I'll bet that with the drastic drop in membership & finance, rather than cut back on their outgoings, they have used the ringfenced referendum funds to balance the books - and even then that wasnt enough

Why the fuck it needs a big tent outside Murrel's house and rumours of the National Crime Agency being involved i dont know