Managers Thread.... - Page 6 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Managers Thread....

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, morrie21 said:

Callum Davidson has parted company with St Johnstone. 

Hopefully l he will be remembered fondly. Overall he did a good job in my opinion but probably time for a change although not sure who will make a difference in the run in. 

Edited by EddardStark

2 hours ago, EddardStark said:

Hopefully l he will be remembered fondly. Overall he did a good job in my opinion but probably time for a change although not sure who will make a difference in the run in. 

Think his job has been in jeopardy a few times over the last 18 months, probably best for both parties that he “moves on”. Gives St Johnstone plenty time to get a manager in for next season and he’s available without a club having to pay compensation, there will probably be 5 or 6 premiership jobs available in the summer. He’ll be linked with a few of them id imagine 

Edited by dan cake

A strange time to leave, however it came about.

If St Johnstone were safe and he felt he'd taken them as far as he could then aye, I could see the sense of him leaving now, but they're not. I can't see them getting dragged into the relegation mire at the moment but all it takes is a wee dip in form and they'll start to slide.

Something has happened behind the scenes, I reckon. If he's turned down a new deal, for instance, and the club have told him he might as well leave now, that's a gamble, because Davidson has shown he can keep them up (as well as winning trophies for them!). He'll not be short of job offers, I'm sure.

Just read a stat that surprised me. Big Ange at Celtic is the 3rd longest current manager in the Scottish Premiership... What??? He's no even been 2 full seasons. Is the manager turnover rate in Scotland really that dire. What's the issue? A wee bad run and yir oot??? Seems like that's the norm these days....

1 hour ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Is the manager turnover rate in Scotland really that dire. What's the issue? A wee bad run and yir oot??? Seems like that's the norm these days....

Look at the names some Saints want in. Think it sums up the level of SPL managers

Screenshot_20230418-172630.png

1 hour ago, Och Aye said:

Look at the names some Saints want in. Think it sums up the level of SPL managers

Screenshot_20230418-172630.png

It's almost like that weans game, "Spin The Bottle". Manage here, Manage there. It's a fuckin shit show. "If it dinnae work out here, I will go in the "managers pool" and see where I end up next".. It's quite embarrassing actuality....

3 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Hopefully McInnes is next. 

You were well warned 

He had large spells with no Huns, Hibees or Jambos in the league when at AB24

I remember 'us' being told, by you, and others, 'to be careful what we wished for' when he was emptied by Cormack

Somehow, Goodwin & McGhee have made him look like a messiah though

Fuck knows why we bother.....

• 3 weeks later...

Sam Allardyce reportedly could earn up to 3 and a half million if he keeps Leeds up, his usual assistant Sammy Lee can’t join him as he’s on jury duty. Wonder how much that could potentially cost him, would expect he’d be getting 10% at least 🤷‍♂️

Edited by dan cake

6 minutes ago, dan cake said:

Sam Allardyce reportedly could earn up to 3 and a half million if he keeps Leeds up, his usual assistant Sammy Lee can’t join him as he’s on jury duty. Wonder how much that could potentially cost him, would expect he’d be getting 10% at least 🤷‍♂️

It’s Allardyce that should be in court, absolute crook.

26 minutes ago, dan cake said:

They can lose all 4 games and still stay up.  That'll be some way to earn £3M!!