Venue - Page 10 - Spain v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Venue

Judith

1 hour ago, thesaint said:

On the contrary the saint is delighted. Flights and hotel booked many months ago. The very reason that i was so angry in the age it took them to confirm Seville was because i had already taken the gamble and splashed the cash. So happy days. 👍👍

😂 great. I thought you were getting impatient as you were desperate to get something booked. I wasn’t being entirely serious. Lets hope this isnt another rumour. 

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

46 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

😂 great. I thought you were getting impatient as you were desperate to get something booked. I wasn’t being entirely serious. Lets hope this isnt another rumour. 

Better not be as i've booked my flight home for the friday evening from Seville!

1 hour ago, TDYER63 said:

I was just really frustrated for the folk who were for understandable reasons having to hang on for at least confirmation of the general area it was going to be played in. I had already burnt my bridges on that score regarding flights and hotels. For once it paid off. 😊

4 hours ago, thesaint said:

On the contrary the saint is delighted. Flights and hotel booked many months ago. The very reason that i was so angry in the age it took them to confirm Seville was because i had already taken the gamble and splashed the cash. So happy days. 👍👍

But it didn’t take them an age they announced it by the required date it was due to be announced by 🤷‍♂️, you’d taken a gamble (as had I) and were filling your pants it wasn’t going to pay off. 

3 hours ago, dan cake said:

But it didn’t take them an age they announced it by the required date it was due to be announced by 🤷‍♂️, you’d taken a gamble (as had I) and were filling your pants it wasn’t going to pay off. 

Nah.Unfortunately wouldn't have been the first time i had taken a gamble on following Scotland(especially around covid)and lost out financially.Wouldn't have been happy but that's the gamble.My issue was that all the other venues for the group games had been released including games after ours.Anyway my gamble paid off this time...so happy days.😝

22 minutes ago, thesaint said:

Nah.Unfortunately wouldn't have been the first time i had taken a gamble on following Scotland(especially around covid)and lost out financially.Wouldn't have been happy but that's the gamble.My issue was that all the other venues for the group games had been released including games after ours.Anyway my gamble paid off this time...so happy days.😝

I do it all the time always desperate to be flying out of Edinburgh, think it’s only went spectacularly wrong once down the years

16 minutes ago, dan cake said:

I do it all the time always desperate to be flying out of Edinburgh, think it’s only went spectacularly wrong once down the years

Met at fan who travels in Glasgow before the Spain game and have kept in touch! Asked him about the presidents announcement! Response was.           “95%!! In a normal country with a normal FA would be 100% if the president confirms it… but… 😂😂

He then responded with this “ The home game in September vs Cyprus was confirmed in Santander and they now realise that UEFA doesn’t allow that stadium for a qualifier match 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️!!!!!!”   Their FA seems even more disorganised than ours!!! 

7 minutes ago, macwomble said:

Met at fan who travels in Glasgow before the Spain game and have kept in touch! Asked him about the presidents announcement! Response was.           “95%!! In a normal country with a normal FA would be 100% if the president confirms it… but… 😂😂

This president could well be having his very own JFK moment and we won’t need conspiracy theories to work out the shooter 😇 

Edited by dan cake

6 minutes ago, macwomble said:

He then responded with this “ The home game in September vs Cyprus was confirmed in Santander and they now realise that UEFA doesn’t allow that stadium for a qualifier match 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️!!!!!!”   Their FA seems even more disorganised than ours!!! 

That might explain the “other” game in Andalusia 

32 minutes ago, runningtings said:

They sometimes do a poll to gauge numbers, maybe they don't need that now we are popular again 👀

No need for a poll for this one. We will easily sell out whatever allocation the Spanish FA give us. 

35 minutes ago, saintsparky said:

Do the SSC not come out with the info when they confirm our allocation?

They will likely send out an email when the venue is officially confirmed by UEFA and advise that news on our allocation will follow at a later date once it has been confirmed by the Spanish FA. 

On 6/22/2023 at 5:41 PM, saintsparky said:

The last game in alicante was a pretty easy home end ticket...and they were world and euro champions at the time....

This stadium is twice the capacity. 

Yep was in home end for that. Funny looks from the locals when we celebrated Goodwillie's pen. They looked at us as if to say "You know it's 3-1??"

Seem to remember we had to pick the tickets up from a local bank and ended up trying about 6 branches before finally finding one that could print them off. 

Brilliant trip and as you say they were world champs. Kept the ball from us for 6 minutes before scoring the opener!