Venue - Page 6 - Spain v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Venue

Judith

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Rich NATA said:

I thought they might wait until after the June matches to see where they are, but I notice everyone in our group is playing twice in June - Except Spain. They are not playing any qualifier in June.

Can see no reason why we are the only team waiting for a venue. Starting to really get on my tits to be honest. 

27 minutes ago, Rich NATA said:

I thought they might wait until after the June matches to see where they are, but I notice everyone in our group is playing twice in June - Except Spain. They are not playing any qualifier in June.

They've Nations League in June I'm sure

1 hour ago, thesaint said:

Just odd though how they have announced all their home game venues(including the games after ours) but for   some reason are holding back on saying where our game is to be played. Why is our game any different?. Odd. 

Coz they’re running scared 😜

2 hours ago, thesaint said:

Can see no reason why we are the only team waiting for a venue. Starting to really get on my tits to be honest. 

😂😂

On 2/14/2023 at 9:53 PM, thesaint said:

Why are they announcing the venue for games  that are after ours.Surely they must know where they want to play it.

On 3/1/2023 at 5:03 PM, thesaint said:

Yes. Seville would seem the obvious. Why don't they just tell us for f. ks sake. Does every other team in the group know where they are playing, even the teams that play them after us?How can that make any sense then?. 

On 3/2/2023 at 7:58 PM, thesaint said:

I repeat again. Why the f.. k haven't they announced it when they have for home games after ours. What's the problem? 

On 3/28/2023 at 2:26 PM, thesaint said:

It's about time it was confirmed. Ridiculous. 

On 3/29/2023 at 1:45 PM, thesaint said:

Wouldn't book any flights just yet to Gran Canaria. That's three different venues i've seen quoted on various ticket agencies etc. What's the problem that they can't tell us where our game will be played but every other team knows where they are playing in Spain. 

1 hour ago, Johnnyshaker said:

Who is our list of likely friendly opponents? Someone posted it somewhere months ago.

It's in away friendly rumours - process of elimination.  Might be out of date with regards to fixtures being sorted 

39 minutes ago, Steppe said:

Seville it is … booked me and the WiFi for a week and we will figure out the rest later 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

You don't need to take WiFi with you these days.

I'm sure Spain has great coverage 🤔😉😉

I hear the Spanish FA are going to announce the venue...manyana!

Seriously, this delay is ridiculous.  I had a look on RENFE's site and the train time between Madrid and Seville isn't that much more than from Malaga, despite being much further.  Two hours, forty mins compared to two hours.  That's because you can get the fast AVE trains from Madrid, whereas the Malaga train is slower.

32 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I just booked Seville. Hate this waiting about! 

I think we we are all getting impatient!

15 minutes ago, Potted Heid said:

I hear the Spanish FA are going to announce the venue...manyana!

Seriously, this delay is ridiculous.  I had a look on RENFE's site and the train time between Madrid and Seville isn't that much more than from Malaga, despite being much further.  Two hours, forty mins compared to two hours.  That's because you can get the fast AVE trains from Madrid, whereas the Malaga train is slower.

Thats a good shout that 👍

Im only booking Malaga as I’ve got free digs there and I know it like the back of my hand 😃

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, lyonhibs said:

I assume we are all collectively none the wiser about the venue for this one as it stands?

Absolutely none the wiser. Wouldn't mind so much if i thought we could trust the head of the Spanish fa who said it would definately be Andulusia as they had promised them a match. So basically no idea. 

20 hours ago, thesaint said:

Absolutely none the wiser. Wouldn't mind so much if i thought we could trust the head of the Spanish fa who said it would definately be Andulusia as they had promised them a match. So basically no idea. 

Just wonder why the Spanish fa will not confirm that the   match will be played in Andalusia. The actual stadium is of no importance. Just the fact that it is definately going to be played in Andalusia would be all that matters and let people book with confidence. 

1 hour ago, thesaint said:

Just wonder why the Spanish fa will not confirm that the   match will be played in Andalusia. The actual stadium is of no importance. Just the fact that it is definately going to be played in Andalusia would be all that matters and let people book with confidence. 

this is precisely my hesitation

28 minutes ago, Bzzzz said:

Spoke to SFA yesterday, still no news, RFEF have till mid June to confirm... hopefully they'll sort it soon. 

Sods will probably stretch it out to the last possible minute before announcing it. Just because they can no doubt.