Indyref 2 (2) - Page 164 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Indyref 2 (2)

On 10/3/2023 at 12:33 PM, Ally Bongo said:

In 2023 it is absolutely shameful that a Westminster party which has betrayed Scotland for decades is odds of 1/16 to win a by election seat in Scotland

The odds on Labour winning have been cut to 1/25 and the SNP are out to 11/1

Part of me still hopes the SNP win but that is ridiculous

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

37 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

SNP won't win this. No chance.

But, I'm not too bothered about that. It's a by-election in a marginal seat. Does one less MP make any difference? Hopefully it will give Labour a sense of complacency for the next election. 

This seat was predicted to change hands two years ago.  I think the only two seats in the country that are more marginal are East Lothian and Kirkcaldy and Cowdenbeath.  

Are the marginals full of Tories and Brexiteers ?

There should be no marginals between the SNP and British Labour these days

39 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Are the marginals full of Tories and Brexiteers ?

There should be no marginals between the SNP and British Labour these days

Hamilton and Rutherglen has quite a few Tories. I'm sure some of them will help out Labour by voting tactically. 

9 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Hamilton and Rutherglen has quite a few Tories. I'm sure some of them will help out Labour by voting tactically. 

It's Hamilton West which is mainly Burnbank, Blantyre, Halfway and Cambuslang

There are very few real tories but a large amount of bigots

The amount of those of a Celtic persuasion in Blantyre usually cancel them out however Ged Killen of Labour was from Blantyre which is why he won the seat back in the 2017 SNP apathy election

I am really not so sure Labour should be a 1/25 shot and have put £6 on the SNP at 11/1

Edited by Ally Bongo

4 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

The odds on Labour winning have been cut to 1/25 and the SNP are out to 11/1

Part of me still hopes the SNP win but that is ridiculous

worst thing that can happen is if the snp win this seat, it will paper over the cracks of the route cause of the demise of the party

14 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

It's Hamilton West which is mainly Burnbank, Blantyre, Halfway and Cambuslang

There are very few real tories but a large amount of bigots

The amount of those of a Celtic persuasion in Blantyre usually cancel them out however Ged Killen of Labour was from Blantyre which is why he won the seat back in the 2017 SNP apathy election

I am really not so sure Labour should be a 1/25 shot and have put £6 on the SNP at 11/1

Aye, that's probably right, what I should have said there are quite a few who sometimes/often vote Tory. 

I agree that doesn't make them "real tories" but that applies to every constituency in the UK. If they had to rely on "real tories" these fukers would never get elected anywhere. They rely on conning folk into thinking that a tory government will help them to become part of the wealthy aristocracy. Something that's never going to happen. Even Rishi! will never be accepted as a "real tory", but that's mainly down to the colour of his skin.

Given the incumbent party often get overturned in a by-election, added to how much ammunition there was due to Ferrier and how this came about - I don’t know how anyone could honestly expect anything other than a Labour win. 

That’s even without mentioning any of the criticisms that are aimed at the SNP. 

9 hours ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

worst thing that can happen is if the snp win this seat, it will paper over the cracks of the route cause of the demise of the party

Not as worse as seeing those rat quisling lying bastards gloat at winning by default

Regardless of turn out, no one can spin this any other way,, the SNP are currently fucked and the sooner the party realise it, the more chance we have of saving the party,,, it has been over run by faking idiots who give zero fucks about independence,, aaid will be along trying to spin this however, considering the amount of campaigning done here there can be no spinning,,, all the snp politicians who were out on the door steps have had a rude awakening, they have seen first hand how fucked we are under the continuity candidate,, a sturgeon legacy. 

Fuck it, myself and thplinth were completely right all along. Sturgeon has destroyed the party and we will struggle to ever recover from this, there is zero doubt in my mind after what they did to salmond that the party is being shaped and directed by forces not for independence,, I have been right about most thing, I am right about that!! 

At a guess I don’t think the vast majority of the public care about Sturgeon anymore or what might have been done to Salmond. 

They’ve lost any momentum and possibly a wee bit of credibility, rightly or wrongly and for a party of independence don’t seem to have a clue how to achieve it. 

16 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

At a guess I don’t think the vast majority of the public care about Sturgeon anymore or what might have been done to Salmond. 

They’ve lost any momentum and possibly a wee bit of credibility, rightly or wrongly and for a party of independence don’t seem to have a clue how to achieve it. 

they care about the policy and state of a party she has left in her wake... the general public are oblivious to the salmond case however it will come out in the wash

Labour go from one to two seats in Scotland!! Could Labour carry that swing into a general election and get 40 seats? That's what the papers are asking.

On a wet miserable night when folk are fed up getting skinter and the piss blatantly taken out of them by this Tory govt, I think people are just falling for the 'change' rhetoric. I dearly hope we are not so gullible in a general election. 

the SNP only have themselves to blame, they have fucked it - called this a year ago with the tie up with the greens.  Labour now moving in to the centre left chasm that the snp have vacated.

With the constitution off the agenda people are voting on non constitutional matters.  You will still get the radicals and the youngsters voting snp/green but a massive swing to labour now inevitable.