Indyref 2 (2) - Page 160 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Indyref 2 (2)

35 minutes ago, aaid said:

Ally Bongo sees conspiracies everywhere he looks. 

If you are inferring that the SNP leadership has no influence on branch decisions then you are thick or lying 

Which is it ?

It's as if the SNP leadership election that i witnessed never fucking happened

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And as far as i'm aware the only two SNP MPs left that are against the GRR are Lisa Cameron and Joanna Cherry

Cameron is an easy hit whereas trying to oust Joanna Cherry would be tactically horrific

2 hours ago, aaid said:

There’s plenty of MPs and MSPs who have expressed gender critical views yet none have been excommunicated.  So what are you talking about?

Really?  So why the fuck did they vote for it?  Why did they not support any of the amendments, at least the ones that were worthy of support?  Most of them bent the knee and voted as they were told to.  I for one don't want an MSP who doesn't have the guts to stand up for what they actually believe, especially when they must have known that this issue was controversial to say the least, never mind that most folk who actually took an interest in the matter were opposed to it, either in full or in part.  Had Sturgeon been able to get away with expelling them, I don't doubt she would have.

6 minutes ago, Alibi said:

Really?  So why the fuck did they vote for it?  Why did they not support any of the amendments, at least the ones that were worthy of support?  

Ash Regan
Fergus Ewing
John Mason
Kenneth Gibson
Michelle Thomson
Ruth Maguire
Stephanie Callaghan

All voted in against the bill

Annabelle Ewing and Jim Fairlie abstained

Last time I checked they all held the SNP whip, no-one has been excommunicated.  So again what are you going on about?

1 hour ago, Ally Bongo said:

And as far as i'm aware the only two SNP MPs left that are against the GRR are Lisa Cameron and Joanna Cherry

Cameron is an easy hit whereas trying to oust Joanna Cherry would be tactically horrific

You think two - your pal Alibi thinks that half the MPs are against GRR, what is it?

6 minutes ago, aaid said:

Ash Regan
Fergus Ewing
John Mason
Kenneth Gibson
Michelle Thomson
Ruth Maguire
Stephanie Callaghan

All voted in against the bill

Annabelle Ewing and Jim Fairlie abstained

Last time I checked they all held the SNP whip, no-one has been excommunicated.  So again what are you going on about?

None of them are MPs 

It's the candidates for the General Election we are on about

There is plenty time for MSPs to be deselected when the next Holyrood election is announced

3 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

None of them are MPs 

It's the candidates for the General Election we are on about

There is plenty time for MSPs to be deselected when the next Holyrood election is announced

AFAIK, there hasn’t been a vote in Westminster on GRR so no MPs have voted for or against it - except for Douglas Ross that is.

And you seem to think it’s the SNP that’s obsessed with GRR, you never stop going on about it.

26 minutes ago, aaid said:

AFAIK, there hasn’t been a vote in Westminster on GRR so no MPs have voted for or against it - except for Douglas Ross that is.

And you seem to think it’s the SNP that’s obsessed with GRR, you never stop going on about it.

Do The SNP give sessions on how to twist a debate and completely ignore the reality of what is going on ?

15 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Do The SNP give sessions on how to twist a debate and completely ignore the reality of what is going on ?

If you want to blame someone for bringing MSPs into the debate, blame Alibi, not me.

Its an internet forum, no-one gets to define which way a thread goes.

1 hour ago, Orraloon said:

How many local branch meetings have you been to? Just out of interest.

I was unable to get to branch meetings (full time carer) however had plenty dialogue through email

What i found unbelievably surprising was the all out support for Humza in the leadership election before it had even started.

My MP is Angela Crawley and MSP is Christina McKelvie who had clearly whipped the branch

I think i was the only one that supported Forbes

So without radical changes it’s acceptable to agree the SNP Holyrood party are about as likely to deliver self determination for the people of Scotland as the Labour Party of Sir K Starmer are to fulfill their 100 year promise to get rid of the vermin in ermine in the house of lairds . 
still . Nine months is a long time in politics. A lot is going to change and so many people are looking for it to happen. 👍🏻

On 9/24/2023 at 8:03 PM, TDYER63 said:

As you say it was totally out of order,  should never have happened and should have been dealt with immediately.

But some sense of perspective is needed. It’s hardly the actions of a sex pest. This has been overlooked by an independent group in Westminster, not some SNP  quango, and they have decided Grady was immediately apologetic, remorseful of his actions, and there was absolutely no evidence to suggest that anything like this had  happened before. 

People makes mistakes. If a similar thing had happen to a member of another party i would say exactly the same.
I feel sympathy for the complainer as it must have extremely uncomfortable and probably frightening as Grady was after all in a position of power. However they have not really helped the situation by leaking things to the media . If a situation had left me devastated I dont think I would want to exacerbate things by having it splashed over newspapers. Particularly when the investigation had not been completed. I hope they manage to move on, there are no winners here. 

I'm of a similar view. It must have distressing at the time and I wouldn't blame him for feeling creeped out by Grady, even if he accepted his apology. Grady hasn't behaved like this since, to him or anyone else, as far as we know, and as unacceptable as it is, neither is it the crime of the century. The attention the incident generated was OTT.

As for Lisa Cameron, I'm not quite sure what her beef is. Was it: 1) she objected to the blanket "we must all back Patrick Grady" instruction (which would be understandable, as he was given far more public support than others who have lost the whip, such as Michelle Thomson); or 2) was it that the complainer wasn't automatically "believed" - as is the fashion nowadays - and Grady wasn't immediately hung out to dry by the party, like, say, Mark McDonald was at HR; or was it 3) simply that the situation wasn't dealt with sooner?   

1 and 3 are reasonable, to my mind, 2 much less so.

22 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

I suspect there are a few more, such as my MP, Carol Monaghan - a Roman Catholic, pro-life, former school teacher and mother of school-age daughters herself, whose Twitter timeline is refreshingly free of right-on, woke dogma, or, indeed, information that isn't about things happening in the constituency (or Scottish independence!). She also publicly backed Kate Forbes for leader and was one of only a few MPs to show any public solidarity with Margaret Ferrier.

Carol has, however, in the recent past apparently been the subject of death threats from loyalist Orange aresholes, almost certainly on account of her religious faith and political views, so if she has kept her powder dry on this vexed issue I for one don't judge her harshly for that.

And with Fergus Ewing's speech to journalists the beginning of the end for the NuSNP starts to speed up

Fucking 48 of them voted to suspend him - Fucking 48

Get these fuckers out of the SNP

Kate Forbes didn't

Edited by Ally Bongo

11 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

And with Fergus Ewing's speech to journalists the beginning of the end for the NuSNP starts to speed up

Fucking 48 of them voted to suspend him - Fucking 48

Get these fuckers out of the SNP

Kate Forbes didn't

need to rid the party of these nut jobs,, even if it means starting from scratch,, i hope it comes out who voted for it 

If you are a member of the party of government and you vote against the government in a vote of no confidence then there are going to be consequences.  You are at a minimum going to be suspended, if you are a minister then you are going to lose your job.

Thats going to be the case in any parliament anywhere in the world.

This was a Tory vote of no confidence in the Scottish Government.

And let’s not forget this shambles.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/8957118/snp-fergus-ewing-bullying-probe-holyrood/

11 minutes ago, aaid said:

If you are a member of the party of government and you vote against the government in a vote of no confidence then there are going to be consequences.  You are at a minimum going to be suspended, if you are a minister then you are going to lose your job.

Thats going to be the case in any parliament anywhere in the world.

This was a Tory vote of no confidence in the Scottish Government.

And let’s not forget this shambles.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/8957118/snp-fergus-ewing-bullying-probe-holyrood/

He opposes the deal with the Greens.  He thinks Lorna Slater has made a right royal mess of the DRS.  Hard to disagree with him tbh, she did.  In my view actually, it would have made sense to discuss such a scheme with governments in England & Wales, and NI possibly, to agree a joint strategy given that all the nations tend to be dealing with the same problem. It might not have been possible to negotiate an agreed approach, but it would have been worth trying.  We have the right to do things differently, but if we had a sensible scheme maybe others would have joined in rather than reinventing the wheel.  Taking the logic further, our scheme should have been nicked from a European nation that has such a scheme in place, possibly with local adaptation to suit our own circumstances.  from what I hear, Slater tried to start from scratch.  No wonder nobody has any confidence in her.

1 hour ago, Alibi said:

He opposes the deal with the Greens.  

…from what I hear, Slater tried to start from scratch.  No wonder nobody has any confidence in her.

In which case he should have resigned the whip when the deal was struck, but then maybe he needed to SNP to sweep the report into his bullying under the carpet then.

Out of interest where did you hear that from?