Indyref 2 (2) - Page 97 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Indyref 2 (2)

22 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

She knows she's zero chance of getting independence.  Literally gained next to no support since 2014 even after leaving the EU.

Had ran her race and decision making of late had shown that.

I think it would be fairer to say there was no sustained increase in support - remember the glut of polls in 2020 that showed Yes in front?

The EU result was a gift from the Gods though that she didn't exploit to its potential.

10 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I don't blame here, she was put under more scrutiny than any other scottish politician and the abuse she took was beyond ridiculous. 

This.  I'm amazed she's kept going as long as she has!

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, AlfieMoon said:

Not until 11am. 

BBC making a good effort to try and attribute it to ‘transgender for teenagers’. Paraphrase. 

Every single unionist linked media outlet will link this to that issue

Just now, vanderark14 said:

Every single unionist linked media outlet will link this to that issue

Almost all media is designed to preserve the status quo and advance the interests of the owners. Hence why culture war issues are highlighted in a way to encourage infighting. Hard to change society when society is at war with itself.

9 hours ago, scotlad said:

Sounds similar to how it works in the Netherlands and Germany, I believe.  People go to the supermarket, deposit their bottles and cans, and get a voucher that can be used towards their paying for their shopping.

I'm about the laziest cunt I know but even I can manage to store up my recycling and every week take it with me when I go my messages. The only practical difference I can see is instead of sticking it in the recycling it goes in a wee machine which will provides a receipt that you can use when you're paying for your shopping. I really don't see what the big deal is here.

Do you have to take the bottles back to the same shop that you bought them in? Or is the system more clever than that?

2 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

The old ‘ we will go to England’ . Wonder how many folk are getting their cheap alcohol from the England , you know, the minimum price furore that was another load of unionist scaremongering nonsense. 
You really should go live in England Malcolm. Though it may be a bit of a wasted effort when they bring in the same scheme in a year two. 

I do agree however that the transportation will be a pain for people. There are always loads of people waiting for taxis/buses  at Morrisons in Johnstone, not everyone has cars. What benefit is the scheme to those people who currently  recycle in the bins but dont have their own transport ? They will be charged more for the item but have to find a way of getting it to the supermarket else they have to absorb the extra cost? What about old folk? Are we expecting them to humpf bags of recycling ? 

I think this has been asked before but, how do these folk get these bottles home in the first place. And these bottles were full when they were carrying them home from the shop. If they can carry full bottles home from the shop, there is no reason why they can't carry empty ones back.

4 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Do you have to take the bottles back to the same shop that you bought them in? Or is the system more clever than that?

I would guess - and it is a guess, I'm not over the detail at all - that since it goes by the barcode you could take them to any shop to get the voucher.

13 minutes ago, scotlad said:

I think it would be fairer to say there was no sustained increase in support - remember the glut of polls in 2020 that showed Yes in front?

The EU result was a gift from the Gods though that she didn't exploit to its potential.

Yes I remember those. I also remember some in past few weeks that had us a good bit behind.

I agree with you totally on EU and your last point.

15 minutes ago, scotlad said:

I think that’s a matter of opinion and debate.  

Maybe the Scottish public just don’t care enough. You could argue that the Indyref 2014 was a gift from the gods, but the people just didn’t want independence. 

she has done the right thing, we were never going to win independence under her, a step back to go forward maybe however there was a serious chance of a complete split in the party so she has done the right thing. a good orator yes but really she just didn't have the edge required. I would rather she was successful in gaining us our independence instead of her resigning. heres hoping the part can move forward and unite again.. Internal polling has been extremley poor and that has gave some the shits. Also Stewart MacDonald's emails were going to cause further damage

3 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

The old ‘ we will go to England’ . Wonder how many folk are getting their cheap alcohol from the England , you know, the minimum price furore that was another load of unionist scaremongering nonsense. 
You really should go live in England Malcolm. Though it may be a bit of a wasted effort when they bring in the same scheme in a year two. 

I do agree however that the transportation will be a pain for people. There are always loads of people waiting for taxis/buses  at Morrisons in Johnstone, not everyone has cars. What benefit is the scheme to those people who currently  recycle in the bins but dont have their own transport ? They will be charged more for the item but have to find a way of getting it to the supermarket else they have to absorb the extra cost? What about old folk? Are we expecting them to humpf bags of recycling ? 

That's a good question.  For most people it shouldn't be an issue, even for folk without cars - just make sure you do it weekly so you've left to humpf.  But folk who aren't able to humpf anything could be at a disadvantage.

I'm sure there are answers to all these questions though.  Deposit return schemes operate across Europe and in parts of Canada and Australia and NZ too, I believe.  We aren't the only country with old people.

1 minute ago, scotlad said:

That's a good question.  For most people it shouldn't be an issue, even for folk without cars - just make sure you do it weekly so you've left to humpf.  But folk who aren't able to humpf anything could be at a disadvantage.

I'm sure there are answers to all these questions though.  Deposit return schemes operate across Europe and in parts of Canada and Australia and NZ too, I believe.  We aren't the only country with old people.

mobile vans roaming the streets that collect and issue vouchers.  Eh, like the current refuse system