Europe 2022/23 - Page 23 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is going to be a much more difficult game for us tonight than it might have been a few weeks ago. Leipzig have steadied under Rose and look much better. Without our two first choice centre backs it’s going to be a big test for Welsh & Jenz and frankly I’m not convinced by either. I wonder if Ange might be tempted to bring in Abildgaard tonight?

Anyway we’ll need to be both ruthless and clinical, the very things we haven’t been in our opening two matches. Frankly, if you offered me a point right now I’d grab it 👍

Last night was a bit of a stroll for Liverpool .

However why it did take until 80th minute before rangers had a go and realised that this is Liverpool side in transition and in regression .

i am not certain they will be in the top 4

nothing annoys me than the we can’t compete routine that both of them play in europe , when fans of the other 10 have put up with this for over 30 years now.

I think this season proves that the we need to be in the champions league to get some doings from both of them , shows it’s not the level for them , especially when both will likely finish bottom of the groups,

yes we are getting the benefit of rangers runs in europe last few years , but both are out their depth in the champions league.

Celtic are their “quality” would be taking the same hidings in rangers group,

8 hours ago, DAVIDB46 said:

Last night was a bit of a stroll for Liverpool .

However why it did take until 80th minute before rangers had a go and realised that this is Liverpool side in transition and in regression .

i am not certain they will be in the top 4

nothing annoys me than the we can’t compete routine that both of them play in europe , when fans of the other 10 have put up with this for over 30 years now.

I think this season proves that the we need to be in the champions league to get some doings from both of them , shows it’s not the level for them , especially when both will likely finish bottom of the groups,

yes we are getting the benefit of rangers runs in europe last few years , but both are out their depth in the champions league.

Celtic are their “quality” would be taking the same hidings in rangers group,

Is that you just realising that scottish football cant compete in the champions league 😂 we've been gettin pumped in europe for years  or is it sore because you believed the pish that "the rangers have european football sussed" 😂

Rangers have been competitive in the Europa in recent seasons .

Both are hopelessly out of their depth in the champions league and both will be bottom of their groups .

nothing changes from that game despite Celtic apparently “controlling” the game we were told

38 minutes ago, DAVIDB46 said:

Rangers have been competitive in the Europa in recent seasons .

Both are hopelessly out of their depth in the champions league and both will be bottom of their groups .

nothing changes from that game despite Celtic apparently “controlling” the game we were told

Who told you that ? , celtic got out played by liepzig n i wasnt surprised by that, rangers fans on the other hand went into the champions league thinkin they would be able to compete its like going from the scottish championship to the scottish premiership but thats just the arogance of rangers fans

2 minutes ago, jcs said:

Who told you that ? , celtic got out played by liepzig n i wasnt surprised by that, rangers fans on the other hand went into the champions league thinkin they would be able to compete its like going from the scottish championship to the scottish premiership but thats just the arogance of rangers fans

Most rangers fans I know we're realistic about the CL. They felt 4 points was probably the max they would get if they were lucky 

2 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Most rangers fans I know we're realistic about the CL. They felt 4 points was probably the max they would get if they were lucky 

Most rangers fans you know, what about the rest, ive heard time n again how they've sussed european football, they had a good run last year im not disputing that but the champions league is way above the europa cup n for rangers fans to think they could compete in the top tier of european football is laughable 

4 minutes ago, jcs said:

Most rangers fans you know, what about the rest, ive heard time n again how they've sussed european football, they had a good run last year im not disputing that but the champions league is way above the europa cup n for rangers fans to think they could compete in the top tier of european football is laughable 

Absolutely no Rangers I know fan felt we could compete in this group. The worst possible fixture order for our first three games has borne out my view re the gulf in class 

No complaint about the result. We did fine for an hour but the midfield struggled without McGregor and we really lost our way with an unacceptable error from Hart. He’s been great for us but he’s not having a good season, I thought he was at fault on Saturday as well.

As for being competitive, I think we have been in every game but it’s an unforgiving level and we haven’t been clinical enough thus far, at least we’re having a go. Rangers landed a stinker of a group, it happens.

45 minutes ago, jcs said:

What rangers fans thought we'd stroll this.   What nonsense JCS.  I'll be happy with a goal, let alone a point.

fwiw - I'd hoped for 4 points tops.  

1 hour ago, jcs said:

Sounds like you’ve been talking to the rangers version of Ramy, so that gets taken with a pinch of salt. 

1 hour ago, jcs said:

That’s just nonsense. I’ve not spoken to a single Rangers fan, and probably about 80% of my circle of friends and family that follow football are Rangers fans, that expected us to get out of this group. The very best any of us hoped for was third and a crack at the Europa and even then that was a long shot. 

1 hour ago, EddardStark said:

Absolutely no Rangers I know fan felt we could compete in this group. The worst possible fixture order for our first three games has borne out my view re the gulf in class 

1 hour ago, Debian said:

What rangers fans thought we'd stroll this.   What nonsense JCS.  I'll be happy with a goal, let alone a point.

fwiw - I'd hoped for 4 points tops.  

56 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Sounds like you’ve been talking to the rangers version of Ramy, so that gets taken with a pinch of salt. 

28 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

That’s just nonsense. I’ve not spoken to a single Rangers fan, and probably about 80% of my circle of friends and family that follow football are Rangers fans, that expected us to get out of this group. The very best any of us hoped for was third and a crack at the Europa and even then that was a long shot. 

Haha! 
A red/blue hun pile on 😂

1 hour ago, slasher said:

No complaint about the result. We did fine for an hour but the midfield struggled without McGregor and we really lost our way with an unacceptable error from Hart. He’s been great for us but he’s not having a good season, I thought he was at fault on Saturday as well.

As for being competitive, I think we have been in every game but it’s an unforgiving level and we haven’t been clinical enough thus far, at least we’re having a go. Rangers landed a stinker of a group, it happens.

Celtic were there to be taken on the break all night. Joe Hart is a shite keeper, imagine getting rid of Craig Gordon to maybe sign Forster 😂 one of the biggest mistakes Celtic have made

1 minute ago, Kirk said:

Celtic were there to be taken on the break all night. Joe Hart is a shite keeper, imagine getting rid of Craig Gordon to maybe sign Forster 😂 one of the biggest mistakes Celtic have made

Craig Gordon is a great keeper but he’s shite with the ball at his feet. He went through a phase of losing bad goals at his near post in big games. I’ve no regrets over letting him go his new lease of life notwithstanding.

Hart has been very good for us despite your critique but he’s not having a good season and needs to sort it out pronto!