Steve Clarke Fuck Off - Page 20 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Steve Clarke Fuck Off

kumnio

• Replies 710
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I keep reading on here that Clarke doesn't seem to know what his preferred formation is and first eleven are - which I'm just not seeing. 

5-4-1 is the preferred formation, but he can change it during the game like last night or in Oslo to four at the back.

When all fit, the 5 are Robertson, Tierney, Hendry, Porteus and Hickey. And the 4 are McGregor, McGinn, Mctominay and Christie.

There's only two doubts: who is the one up front out of Dykes, Adams and Shankland and should Billy Gilmour start if McGregor gets back to full fitness. 

Why do folk think Clarke doesn't have a settled system and preferred personnel? He's even consistent with using Armstrong and McLean from the bench most games. 

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

We're in pot A now but folk seem to be ignoring that. 

We drew at Wembley, give you the two home games. Particularly the Czech game but we are a far more experienced side now. 

Not seen anyone give him legendary status, he's infinity better than anyone else we've had for years though. Folk give likes of Stein and that joker McLeod legendary status and they fucked up every major tournament they went to. 

I’m pretty sure it has been mentioned that he got us into the top group. I just pointed out that he should or at least could have done it sooner. 

The problem over the two friendlies was that he learned next to nothing which was surely the point in playing them. We don’t know how good Ferguson and Shankland are, we don’t know if Christie can play deeper, we don’t know if Ralston can act as cover for Patterson if Hickey is not available. Patterson should never have played the second half last night. 
Someone said he knows 16 of his squad last night should have been about working out who the other 7 were  

2 hours ago, Scotty2Hotty said:

You seem to be taking posts on here a little too personal.

The Norway game we played away from home was not one of our best performances, we were very fortunate to come away with a win in that. A draw would of been a fair result as we rode our luck at times.

Clarke has done great in the previous campaign  but in order to keep progressing then you need to be questioning some of the decision making at times as they are baffling but then you could say the same for every other manager in the world even Man City fans question Pep time to time

I’ll bet u anything u want that Man City forums don’t have a ‘Pep Guardiola Fuck Off’ topic. 

26 minutes ago, oneforcolin said:

I’ll bet u anything u want that Man City forums don’t have a ‘Pep Guardiola Fuck Off’ topic. 

Probably not - they do on twitter though ...

3 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Probably not - they do on twitter though ...

That guy seems to be unhinged or perhaps that's a spoof account 

This is football so a couple more showings like last night & a poor Euros and he won’t be the manager for the next campaign. Thats how it is.

Hopefully this has been a blip and we are a lot better for the next set of friendlies… 

43 minutes ago, oneforcolin said:

They were getting very pissed off at the tinkering of the team in vital champs league games before winning it, every manager gets it tight from time to time

4 hours ago, Scotty2Hotty said:

This is just a big pile of pish, Ukraine are no better or worse than us. I would expect us to beat them 8/9 times out of 10 if we are playing them at home with the team we have, certainly not to be humped by them anyway. That game was a total disgrace, we weren't just beaten but outplayed by a team similar to us.

Proved by the fact that Wales beat them in the next game.

9 hours ago, mccaughey85 said:

It's unbelievable to say the least. Maybe ppl in here would prefer another 20 years of not qualifying. I was surprised Clarke took the job and I am very thankful he did regardless of what happens in Germany.

A reality check is needed with some ppl in here. The pinnacle for Scotland is reaching major tournaments, if anybody in here expects much more than that then sorry you will be massively disappointed.

This is the type of mindset that has held us back over the years.

Why should the pinnacle for Scotland be to qualify only? Surely the ultimate goal / pinnacle for any footballing nation is to win a Euros or World Cup!

In my lifetime, I have witnessed countries with similar or even smaller populations reach the latter stages of tournaments, and even WIN them!!

Why should we not be aiming for this too? 

I accept qualification is a good achievement , but this ‘it’s great just to be taking part’ attitude really does have to be kicked into touch, it runs through the veins of our country, and it does my head in!!

Edited by Daz1982

20 hours ago, kumnio said:

You can only piss with the cock that you have. 

Tell the Greece team that won the Euros that, tell Leicester that won the English Premier League that, hell, tell Michael O'Neil that tonight.

A good manager makes a squad of players better than they are. Forgetting the 4 big teams that we have played recently, we were shocking tonight, very poor in Georgia and average at best against Norway.

People can't on one hand say that Clarke has solved so many problems, then defend him for squad limitations when we can't perform against a far inferior side, which NI certainly are. Our last good performance is a very long time ago, Clarke needs to get things sorted, and quickly.

No matter how you spin it, 5 defeats and 2 draws, with a defence that is completely incapable of defending is worrying. Clarkes strong point was meant to be, being solid and organised, well anyone that has watched us over the last year would be very surprised at that.

Those kind of events are anomalies though. In any case, Greece had probably their best ever collection of players when they won Euro 2004, a tournament where there was no clear favourite and where they benefited from the now-obsolete golden-goal rule. The Leicester City side that won the EPL was actually assembled for tens of millions and featured English, French and German internationalists.

Anyone replacing Clarke in the near future will still have to find at least one striker capable of scoring at international level and a couple of international-standard centre-backs, and I can't think who these players might be.

9 minutes ago, Daz1982 said:

This is the type of mindset that has held us back over the years.

Why should the pinnacle for Scotland be to qualify only? Surely the ultimate goal / pinnacle for any footballing nation is to win a Euros or World Cup!

In my lifetime, I have witnessed countries with similar or even smaller populations reach the latter stages of tournaments, and even WIN them!!

Why should we not be aiming for this too? 

I accept qualification is a good achievement , but this ‘it’s great just to be taking part’ attitude really does have to be kicked into touch, it runs through the veins of our country, and it does my head in!!

I'm having a few chuckles at his comments.

To be honest, it's not even worth discussing anything with him as he's completely missing the point with everything that is being said about the team on here.

Then to say the pinacle is just reaching a tournament is hilarious, what a negative mindset to have! The players we have got now, we should be aiming to get out the groups, anything less will be a failure.

7 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

You are kidding yourself if you believe that

Yes we qualified early however we were a defenders slip and a cocky substitution away from us finishing 3rd

It’s incredibly difficult (some might say impossible) to pick the most mind bogglingly stupid post on this thread, but I’m going to give it to you chief!

Many congratulations. 

1 minute ago, Marky said:

It’s incredibly difficult (some might say impossible) to pick the most mind bogglingly stupid post on this thread, but I’m going to give it to you chief!

Many congratulations. 

It's only stupid if you are a happy clapper or brain deid

Looking back on the qualification campaign still gives me the shivers thinking how easily it could have gone the other way - and lets be honest since 1998 the last campaign was an exception 

If you think Scotland qualifying quickly makes us a fabbo team - or if you are part of the "if we beat Spain we can beat anybody" brigade - or if you think these bad results are just meaningless games - then you are in for another disappointment  

We were as lucky as fuck and thinking we weren't makes you part of the problem and not the solution because since we qualified we have not progressed

Can you imagine any other half decent International team going on a massive run of non wins before a major tournament ?

Naw - me neither

3 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

I’m pretty sure it has been mentioned that he got us into the top group. I just pointed out that he should or at least could have done it sooner. 

The problem over the two friendlies was that he learned next to nothing which was surely the point in playing them. We don’t know how good Ferguson and Shankland are, we don’t know if Christie can play deeper, we don’t know if Ralston can act as cover for Patterson if Hickey is not available. Patterson should never have played the second half last night. 
Someone said he knows 16 of his squad last night should have been about working out who the other 7 were  

Both Ferguson and Shankland got enough minutes over the two games, and I think we know how good they are. Decent, not amazing, neither guaranteed that they'd start against Germany.  That's on Ferguson and Shankland,  not Clarke.

The right back position however, Clarke needs to consider calling up Max Johnston from the Under 21s, currently playing in the Austrian Bundesliga.

9 hours ago, Goozay said:

Both Ferguson and Shankland got enough minutes over the two games, and I think we know how good they are. Decent, not amazing, neither guaranteed that they'd start against Germany.  That's on Ferguson and Shankland,  not Clarke.

The right back position however, Clarke needs to consider calling up Max Johnston from the Under 21s, currently playing in the Austrian Bundesliga.

Got enough minutes - are you for real? 

Shankland should of started both games, his performance in Holland was pretty good so deserved another go and give him a chance to build up chemistry with the team. We already know what Dykes capabilities are so unsure why he started.

However, IMO, we may aswell play without all of our "strikers" as they're all pretty average at best, can even try out Mcginn there for example, his arse would be class with his back to goal but that would be too revolutionary no doubt to many but what is the worst that can happen if we give it a go in a friendly?

Ferguson didn't start either game and got fuck all minutes again, THAT IS ON CLARKE as he's not allowing players like him to be getting used to the team. He will be our main player within the next couple of years and should be starting regularly for us now, we need to find a place for him in this team. Pretty good video on him: 

Agree on the RB posiiton, get MJ blooded as Patterson's confidence is shot and needs taken out atm.

10 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

It's only stupid if you are a happy clapper or brain deid

Looking back on the qualification campaign still gives me the shivers thinking how easily it could have gone the other way - and lets be honest since 1998 the last campaign was an exception 

If you think Scotland qualifying quickly makes us a fabbo team - or if you are part of the "if we beat Spain we can beat anybody" brigade - or if you think these bad results are just meaningless games - then you are in for another disappointment  

We were as lucky as fuck and thinking we weren't makes you part of the problem and not the solution because since we qualified we have not progressed

Can you imagine any other half decent International team going on a massive run of non wins before a major tournament ?

Naw - me neither

This will be my one and only engagement with you on this absolute bin fire of a thread. 

For a start I was responding specifically to the two points made in your silly post. 

1) So, Pedro Porro’s slip meant we were lucky to win the Spain game (despite actually scoring another goal 🤷‍♂️)? So where do you stand on Hickey’s slip in the away game that led to Spain’s crucial second goal. You know the one. The one that rendered our final two games as dead rubbers instead of competitive matches. I assume that was just Scotland being shite? Or the normal course of football matches? Anything but Spain being lucky eh! Utter nonsense. 
2) The notion that Scotland only won the game in Oslo because Norway subbed Haaland is ridiculous. I’m not saying we would or wouldn’t. No one could possibly know. But the idea that subbing a centre forward who had done the square root of fuck all for the whole game apart from score a soft penalty, was the only reason we won the game is just stupid.

So, there you are. There was no need for your long winded response as I am neither brain dead, nor a happy clapper. None of what I’ve said excuses any of the recent performances. I was simply pointing out the stupidity of your post.

That’s all I have to say.

17 hours ago, Orraloon said:

You are forgetting the most important one. Ukraine humped us at Hampden.

And we humped them even more at Hampden after that!  Has everyone just forgotten about that game or what? 🙄

1 hour ago, Scotty2Hotty said:

Got enough minutes - are you for real? 

Shankland should of started both games, his performance in Holland was pretty good so deserved another go and give him a chance to build up chemistry with the team. We already know what Dykes capabilities are so unsure why he started.

However, IMO, we may aswell play without all of our "strikers" as they're all pretty average at best, can even try out Mcginn there for example, his arse would be class with his back to goal but that would be too revolutionary no doubt to many but what is the worst that can happen if we give it a go in a friendly?

Ferguson didn't start either game and got fuck all minutes again, THAT IS ON CLARKE as he's not allowing players like him to be getting used to the team. He will be our main player within the next couple of years and should be starting regularly for us now, we need to find a place for him in this team. Pretty good video on him: 

Agree on the RB posiiton, get MJ blooded as Patterson's confidence is shot and needs taken out atm.

Yes mate, I am indeed “for real”.

Shankland played two thirds of the game in Amsterdam, during which time this “natural finisher” missed the biggest opportunity to score at a crucial stage of the game. He tucks away that chance and he's undroppable, but he didn't, so he's not. He also had opportunities to score on Tuesday night that he didn’t take.

Ferguson came on in the 69th minute in Amsterdam, during which time we totally collapsed. Not primarily his fault but hardly cries the “positive game-changer” that demands he should start ahead of anyone else. On Tuesday night he came on for a left back (somebody earlier in the thread says Clarke doesn’t have a Plan B, - that’s clearly untrue) for the guts of an hour. While he was pretty decent, he didn’t do enough to merit the clamour for him to undoubtedly start before any of our other midfielders. Ferguson will get his chance once our current crop of first picks start to fade, but starting him now only because he has the prospects to be our main player in the future is paradoxical thinking.

Shankland got about 80 minutes over the two games and Ferguson just over 70 minutes – hardly “fuck-all”.

As for playing McGinn as a striker – are you for real?

1 hour ago, Marky said:

This will be my one and only engagement with you on this absolute bin fire of a thread. 

Who are you ? The font of all authority ?

It's less than 48 hours since a supposedly pish team scored first against a supposedly better team and what was the result ?

Crack on though