Real Madrid - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

I was 18 at the time, watched the game in the Manchester Pub on the promenade in Blackpool.

To my recollection no actual Aberdeen fans in there as such, but  loads of fans from Scottish and English clubs who celebrated Hewitts winner as if it was our own team, place went mental.

Good times. 👍

Following on from the discussion in the 21/22 thread, similar to Rangers this year, my mate always insists Aberdeen sacrificed the title that season for European success. 

Quite some run of successful finals for Real but I think it may come to an end shortly...

On 5/12/2022 at 3:12 AM, Toepoke said:

Following on from the discussion in the 21/22 thread, similar to Rangers this year, my mate always insists Aberdeen sacrificed the title that season for European success. 

Quite some run of successful finals for Real but I think it may come to an end shortly...

Always thought too many games that season at business end when league so tight - Scottish cup games too

the era of small squads -16 or 17 ???

12 minutes ago, Auchinyell Sox Change said:

Always thought too many games that season at business end when league so tight - Scottish cup games too

the era of small squads -16 or 17 ???

and didn't Dundee United have a small squad too?... maybe 20 players?

I just checked, apparently  McLean had claimed it was just 14, but was actually 20

Edited by exile