Ukraine - Page 31 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It wont be NATO that brings down Putin and his cabal

It will be the Russian economic collapse and it's people that do it - presumably with factions of the armed forces

If you are suggesting that in that scenario that Putin would launch its Nuclear Weaponry against the West then that just makes him a madman 

1 minute ago, Ally Bongo said:

It will be the Russian economic collapse and it's people that do it - presumably with factions of the armed forces

You reckon? I just don't see that outcome but who knows.

9 minutes ago, Lamia said:

You reckon? I just don't see that outcome but who knows.

Putin is already in his bunker dreaming up his "Clausewitz" against a ghost army while his TV channels pump out propaganda of the war in Ukraine replacing the Ukranian flag with the Stars and Stripes

3 hours ago, chaff said:

now Lamia I can agree with. There was something off about Ukraine in 2006. A horrible undercurrent that prevented me leaving my hotel in the evening. 

That was one away trip I was pleased to miss. Some horrific stories were posted on here and other forums.

That said it's difficult to judge eastern European societies based on travelling there for a football match, given their fan groups' propensity for ultra-violence.

Other examples being the Russian "skirmishes" with English and Welsh fans at Euro 2016, and personally the worst I've seen was in Budapest at a Hungary game when fans of different clubs started fighting each other.

Unverified from twatter

VIDEO: And now it is slowly starting in Russia. In Nizhnekamsk, workers at the Gemont plant staged a spontaneous strike because they were not paid part of their wages as a result of the sharp collapse of the ruble. This is just the beginning!

2 hours ago, Malcolm said:

you have to stand up to bullies, even if it means the potential end of the world.  Putin is not going to nuke anyone - it’s mutually assured destruction.

I ask this sincerely but have you got a terminal disease  or something? Why are you pushing your death wish on the world?

Ukraine has waived visas for anyone who want to go out and enlist and fight. I suggest you do that instead of trying to get other people killed. Nothing worse that an armchair soldier encouraging others to die. 

14 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Unverified from twatter

VIDEO: And now it is slowly starting in Russia. In Nizhnekamsk, workers at the Gemont plant staged a spontaneous strike because they were not paid part of their wages as a result of the sharp collapse of the ruble. This is just the beginning!

Watched a couple videos. The family that was shelled by the Russians in their motor. Both parents, 2 children killed and the other daughter fighting for her life. Absolutely horrific. This must stop, only how....

18 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Watched a couple videos. The family that was shelled by the Russians in their motor. Both parents, 2 children killed and the other daughter fighting for her life. Absolutely horrific. This must stop, only how....

Folk saying Putin is a madman. He is a dirty murdering fuckin cunt !!!!

2 hours ago, Toepoke said:

That said it's difficult to judge eastern European societies based on travelling there for a football match, given their fan groups' propensity for ultra-violence.

The thing was it wasn't just the football. There was stuff going on with demos and even in pubs and restaurants it felt cold. I have experienced the football based hostility in other places but this was different. It was a long time ago however and only once so I am not going to judge an entire country on it, it was just an observation really.

38 minutes ago, Lamia said:

The thing was it wasn't just the football. There was stuff going on with demos and even in pubs and restaurants it felt cold. I have experienced the football based hostility in other places but this was different. It was a long time ago however and only once so I am not going to judge an entire country on it, it was just an observation really.

That game took place at a febrile point in Ukrainian politics but clearly that passed you by at the time. 

6 hours ago, Lamia said:

Jesus fucking Christ.

This is fairly startling. For comparison, the Provisional IRA only mustered at most, hundreds of volunteers, and yet kept the British Army pinned down in Armagh and Tyrone especially for years. Until loyalist paramilitaries essentially wiped out the Tyrone ASU’s. Based on these numbers, the Russian army can never win this war. 

6 hours ago, aaid said:

The same could be said about you with me if we’re being honest 

I think we both know that's bollocks. You're clutching at straws

You started following HL around now you've moved to thplinth but it's worse now, you've even admitted you took him off ignore because someone has to call out his bull shit.

Edited by vanderark14

Watched BBC for an hour this morning and we're condensing our 6 disparate plans into one easily manageable strategy. 

Turned on Al Jazeera for 5 minutes and learnt a three hour meeting took place between Russia and Israel on the sabbath with Bennett's right hand man in the discussion Ukrainian:

https://www.reuters.com/world/israeli-pm-bennett-meets-putin-moscow-discuss-ukraine-crisis-2022-03-05/

Seems a pretty big development not to be leading with here let alone barely report at all.