Ukraine - Page 20 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

8 minutes ago, thplinth said:

Oops…’Tank’ Brutally Assaulting Elderly Civilian Turns Out to be Ukrainian

https://ussanews.com/oopstank-brutally-assaulting-elderly-civilian-turns-out-to-be-ukrainian/

It was an accident.

USSA News

Ussanews.com calls itself “the Tea Party’s front page” and says on its “About” page:

This site is here directly because of the direction this country, the USA, is headed. Too much government!

The site is registered through Tucows, a company that hides the identity and location of the owner of the website”

so - almost certainly another Russian disinformation website. It’s a 24 hour job keeping up with the non stop propaganda from Putin’s gimp. 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What factcheck.org says about ussanews,com.

USSA News

Ussanews.com calls itself “the Tea Party’s front page” and says on its “About” page:

This site is here directly because of the direction this country, the USA, is headed. Too much government!

The site is registered through Tucows, a company that hides the identity and location of the owner of the website.

https://www.factcheck.org/2017/07/websites-post-fake-satirical-stories/

Another media monitor

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/ussa-news/

So you've a partial poster using a disreputable source or you could look at snopes.

https://www.snopes.com/news/2022/02/25/russian-tank-kyiv-car/

DYOR, make up your own mind who to trust.

The old man being run over by the tank 'for a laugh' is why you have to be very careful what you post. That is basically 'bayoneting babies' level propaganda you are repeating. 

Personally I am quite glad (if) it turns out it was a Ukrainian air defense vehicle and the guy lost control / was not looking where he was going. It restores my faith in humanity that there are not people out their trying to crush old age pensioners in their cars just for a laugh.

50 minutes ago, thplinth said:

I would not trust anything you see on social media right now until it is confirmed as accurate. So many clips from other wars being attributed to this one as well.

A few listed here...

https://www.investmentwatchblog.com/list-of-propaganda-lies-we-have-seen-thus-far-in-ukraine/

At the early days of covid there was a photograph of tanks on a tank transporter under the scare story of boris locking down london with the army …. Or similar ( was on passed by ‘reliable sources ‘ )

transporter plates were clearly european ; i suspected was fake ( altho the mod could be so hard up these days is outsourcing …)

Just now, Auchinyell Sox Change said:

At the early days of covid there was a photograph of tanks on a tank transporter under the scare story of boris locking down london with the army …. Or similar ( was on passed by ‘reliable sources ‘ )

transporter plates were clearly european ; i suspected was fake ( altho the mod could be so hard up these days is outsourcing …)

Was reported on this site i meant

4 hours ago, aaid said:

You do know that Biden has suffered throughout his life from a stammer and that’s what’s behind him misspeaking like this.

Biden is a warmonger, however it's been established for ages he had a stutter as a child and it still appears.

Obviously, in Karl Rove type tactics, it's been weaponised and eaten up by partisans.

He's spoke at conferences about stuttering referenced it for ages , meets folk suffering from the same condition etc.

This one is from 14 years ago.

Over the last 35 years, Joe Biden has held some of the most powerful positions in the Senate. He started life as a stuttering child in Scranton, Pa.

https://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=93914952

6 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

https://off-guardian.org/2022/02/27/7-fake-news-stories-coming-out-of-ukraine/?fbclid=IwAR0GRa-JvyFRl6t3BZlDkVrPv3QkxlpKqekem3xpU9m_MRPdgll-TY-WT3Y

"It’s somewhat beautiful irony that so many of the clips prompting outrage in Western liberals actually come from wars their governments started."

If only someone had a pithy saying about war and the truth.

That author has had some beezer takes on covid though, has he thought of fact checking himself?

Edited by phart

7 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

I've never read anything on that site before. Just found it by accident. I guess they must be "paid agents of Russia"?

No idea, folk are misinformed for free all the time, no need to be paid, just be innumerate and Dunning-Kruger will do the rest with no financial incentive needed.

I was also referencing the saying the first casualty of war is the truth as a general statement.

Edited by phart

6 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

I've never read anything on that site before. Just found it by accident. I guess they must be "paid agents of Russia"?

You just found some random site on the internet that supports what you were searching for, then propagate that with no idea of whether it’s credible or not.  Don’t you see the problem here?

You probably don’t need to look too far on the internet to find something that supports or decries any position.

Edited by aaid

4 minutes ago, phart said:

No idea, folk are misinformed for free all the time, no need to be paid, just be innumerate and Dunning-Kruger will do the rest with no financial incentive needed.

I've decided not to believe anything that I read anymore. It's all lies.

Just now, Orraloon said:

An 'empire of lies'?

See, knew you were a paid Putin troll! 😜

2 minutes ago, aaid said:

You just found some random site on the internet that supports what you were searching for, then propagate that with no idea of whether it’s credible or not.  Don’t you see the problem here?

You probably don’t need to look too far on the internet to find something that supports or decries any position.

I wasn't searching for anything. It just appeared. I think the Russians have taken over my computer.

5 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Read textbooks,  rather than opinion blogs. Not as exciting but a better source of food for the brain.

As someone who wasted years reading all the guff i ish i had realised this sooner.

Edited by phart

This should be all over the news

Corrupt Tory cunts up to their necks in it

The EU is seeking to ban VTB and 6 other Russian banks from SWIFT by the end of today. Unlike the UK. You see, the VTB bank is the one Sunak gave 30 days notice, 'to 'wind down any transactions' before its assets are frozen. In 30 days, there'll be nothing left to freeze.
Edited by Ally Bongo

7 hours ago, aaid said:

It’s fair enough to take sides, that’s essentially what politics is all about - although there are some things which no reasonable person could either defend or promote.   What is suspicious are those who pretend not to have any agenda when they evidently do, why not be clear about your partiality.

Of course, we all take sides,  even if we arent aware of it, some are more obvious than others.
Unfortunately we seem to have gone from being spoon fed  information pre internet, to a bombardment of it post internet. I find it overwhelming and impossible to decide what is truth at times. It leaves me in a position of questioning  everything which is just as bad as knowing nothing. I doubt I am alone. 

I dont necessarily think  a deluge of information from someone condemning someone or indeed supporting someone is suspicious, they may just feel passionate about the subject/s. But I am not naive enough to think there is nothing  else driving it either.  
I haven’t a fooking clue who 99.9 % of folk on here are. I would tell my children not to trust a randomer on the internet. Think its fairly safe to say I am no being groomed right enough.