Vaccine Passports - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Vaccine Passports

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

52 minutes ago, aaid said:

I understand there are exemptions for people who have been unable to be vaccinated for medical reasons.  Vaccination has been open to everyone over the age of 18 in Scotland since the end of May.  Anyone over that age who is not fully vaccinated- aside from those unable to for medical reasons - is because of their own choice, not a lack of availability.  

Thats a complete lie.

I'm nearly 40 and I got my first dose the day after the Croatia game. I got my 2and dose 3 weeks ago, my missus is a few years younger and got her 2nd dose last week. Theres plenty folk stlll waiting on their 2nd dose. 

5 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Thats a complete lie.

I'm nearly 40 and I got my first dose the day after the Croatia game. I got my 2and dose 3 weeks ago, my missus is a few years younger and got her 2nd dose last week. Theres plenty folk stlll waiting on their 2nd dose. 

The announcement was made on the 24th of May that all 18-30 year olds could request an appointment. It’s an easy thing to check

That was 15 weeks ago.  With 8 weeks between doses, there’s no reason why anyone shouldn’t either be fully vaccinated by now or have an appointment for their second jag in the next couple of weeks. 

12 minutes ago, aaid said:

The announcement was made on the 24th of May that all 18-30 year olds could request an appointment. It’s an easy thing to check

That was 15 weeks ago.  With 8 weeks between doses, there’s no reason why anyone shouldn’t either be fully vaccinated by now or have an appointment for their second jag in the next couple of weeks. 

You could request one. You never got one any earlier if you had a blue letter en route.  I tried. Plenty others I know did too.

Maybe it worked better in England but I can assure you plenty of folk in their 20s up here will be more than a couple of weeks before their 2nd dose through no fault of their own.

3 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

You could request one. You never got one any earlier if you had a blue letter en route.  I tried. Plenty others I know did too.

Maybe it worked better in England but I can assure you plenty of folk in their 20s up here will be more than a couple of weeks before their 2nd dose through no fault of their own.

What were all those drop in centres that were being pushed all through the summer all about then if it wasn’t about making it easy for people to be vaccinated?

I suspect that most of the people who are up in arms about it won’t even have had their first dose yet.

31 minutes ago, aaid said:

What were all those drop in centres that were being pushed all through the summer all about then if it wasn’t about making it easy for people to be vaccinated?

I suspect that most of the people who are up in arms about it won’t even have had their first dose yet.

Seen plenty of folk on Facebook who are up in arms about this who are blatant anti vaxxers 

Serves them right if they can’t get into the likes of Hampden next month 

1 hour ago, aaid said:

You were told not to go to a drop in centre if you had an appointment via a blue letter.

You don't need to be anti vaccination to be anti vaccine passport.

Sturgeon and Harvie were opposed to then a matter of weeks ago, pretty sure they are vaccinated. 

They arent being brought in to make nightclubs safer,  as having the vaccine doesnt stop the spread. It's an attempt to try and get younger folk to take the vaccine by restricting what they can do.

38 minutes ago, King Of Paisley said:

Seen plenty of folk on Facebook who are up in arms about this who are blatant anti vaxxers 

Serves them right if they can’t get into the likes of Hampden next month 

Hampden will be a free for all. Just like Wembley was with covid tests and how Biffy Clyro was tonight when they were just checking tickets. Its unworkable in crowds that size and the government know it.

2 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

You were told not to go to a drop in centre if you had an appointment via a blue letter.

Sturgeon and Harvie were opposed to then a matter of weeks ago, pretty sure they are vaccinated. 

They arent being brought in to make nightclubs safer,  as having the vaccine doesnt stop the spread. It's an attempt to try and get younger folk to take the vaccine by restricting what they can do.

Hampden will be a free for all. Just like Wembley was with covid tests and how Biffy Clyro was tonight when they were just checking tickets. Its unworkable in crowds that size and the government know it.

They had mass drop in centres where you didn't even need to be registered with a GP, they even ran special bus services to them and they're still ongoing, places like Pyramids business park, EICC etc, plus pop up centres. This is in NHS lothian region, no idea what was told elsewhere but they were everywhere around here last couple of months at least.

Looking at NHSGGC they have this

"To encourage as many people as possible have access to vaccination NHSGGC is changing the criteria for our drop-in clinics.

Drop-ins will be open to those who have not had a first dose of vaccine, and those who have waited over 8 weeks for their second dose and do not have an appointment booked.

A full timetable is provided below. If you attend a drop-in, please be prepared that you may have to wait and prepare for the weather (rain or shine). If you cannot wait in a queue, there are still appointments online for both first and second doses.

Our drop-in centres are offering Pfizer to people aged 16 to 39. AstraZeneca is also available for people aged 40 and older as a first dose or as a second dose to anyone who is eight weeks from their first AstraZeneca vaccination."

Then if we look at scottish website from 2nd of July

All mainland health boards will offer drop-in coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccination clinics from Monday as the programme nears completion of first doses for all adults in Scotland.

Everyone aged 18 and over can attend for their first dose or – if eight weeks have passed - their second dose. Separate queues will be in operation for those with a scheduled appointment.

The vaccine does mitigate spread i've posted a shit load of evidence of that in the covid thread, viral loads are lower. shedding time is a lot less etc, it doesn't provide sterlising immunity. Here is the latest info that just came out yesterday on cases , hospitalisations and deaths.

Each pair of bars is a 10 year age gap in increasing order.

Edited by phart

It's not ideal, but if it helps keep businesses open - and if it encourages more young ones to go get jagged - then it's no bad thing.

Plus, it'll expand the average Glasgow bouncer's repertoire: "what jag have you had?....sorry, AstraZeneca only tonight, chief".

24 minutes ago, scotlad said:

It's not ideal, but if it helps keep businesses open - and if it encourages more young ones to go get jagged - then it's no bad thing.

Plus, it'll expand the average Glasgow bouncer's repertoire: "what jag have you had?....sorry, AstraZeneca only tonight, chief".

Grab a granny night?

23 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Exactly.

The current percentage of people vaccinated is not high enough to get population immunity.  They have seen that the percentage of under-30s getting vaccinated is a lot lower than in the older population. The percentage of no-shows for second jags is also a lot higher in the younger population.

The theory is that the best way to increase the vaccination rate in the younger population is to require proof of vaccination for entry to events that they are more likely to frequent.

The first minister is speaking with a forked tongue. She has previously stated that she does not believe in the concept of vaccine passports. But she is now saying that she believes in them, rather than honestly stating that her scientific advisers have told her that the vaccination rate in the younger population is not sufficient.

I personally support the introduction of vaccine passports. I actually prefer the French system where proof of vaccination is required to enter all shops etc. The French requirements have seen a considerable increase in vaccination of the younger population.

Irrespective of my support for vaccine passports, I can clearly see that the First Minister has been less than honest in her justifications for their introduction. Failing to be honest opens her up to justifiable criticism for flip-flopping on a very important topic.

8 hours ago, tartandon said:

Exactly.

The current percentage of people vaccinated is not high enough to get population immunity.  They have seen that the percentage of under-30s getting vaccinated is a lot lower than in the older population. The percentage of no-shows for second jags is also a lot higher in the younger population.

The theory is that the best way to increase the vaccination rate in the younger population is to require proof of vaccination for entry to events that they are more likely to frequent.

The first minister is speaking with a forked tongue. She has previously stated that she does not believe in the concept of vaccine passports. But she is now saying that she believes in them, rather than honestly stating that her scientific advisers have told her that the vaccination rate in the younger population is not sufficient.

I personally support the introduction of vaccine passports. I actually prefer the French system where proof of vaccination is required to enter all shops etc. The French requirements have seen a considerable increase in vaccination of the younger population.

Irrespective of my support for vaccine passports, I can clearly see that the First Minister has been less than honest in her justifications for their introduction. Failing to be honest opens her up to justifiable criticism for flip-flopping on a very important topic.

I quite clearly heard her say it was to encourage uptake in younger people 

33 minutes ago, thplinth said:

They are not 'encouraging' anyone. They are coercing them. Huge difference.

I hope the youth in Scotland tell them to go fuck themselves in large numbers.

You and all the other people who believe you tubers with no expertise who are in it for the hits, subscriptions and followers on twitter.

On 9/10/2021 at 12:29 AM, Squirrelhumper said:

Call me cynical but if even one person had been turned away from a drop in vaccination centre because they’d an appointment at a later date I think we’d all know about it.  It would’ve been on the front pages of the Mail, Express, Times, Sun at a minimum, lead story on Reporting Scotland and Douglas Ross, Anas Sarwar and co would’ve been moaning about it for weeks and calling for Humza Yousaf to resign. 

We still have something like a 70% uptake from the "youth"(29 and under) on the vaccine for first doses with 2nd doses going out still.With trickles of first doeses also. Think it's 61% of 16-17 year olds.

Also they've had really high infection rates lately , infection or injection works for immunity. Although the downside is numerically the under 29's account for 137 of the 684 hospitalisations this week, under 18's 69 of them.

Edited by phart