Vaccine Passports - Page 3 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Vaccine Passports

1 hour ago, thplinth said:

Be nice to try to keep the conversation non-personal. But as you are not all you seem to do is moan and bitch about other people. What do you think that adds... Please don't reply I am really not interested anymore.

😂

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 hours ago, Lamia said:

I quite clearly heard her say it was to encourage uptake in younger people 

The way some folk are talking, you would think the SG were trying hide it. This is from the SG website. They are being perfectly open that one of the reasons for the scheme is to encourage more people to take up the vaccine. Time will tell if it works. I hope it does.

"Aim of the scheme

In line with our strategic intent to ‘suppress the virus to a level consistent with alleviating its harms while we recover and rebuild for a better future', a COVID-19 vaccine certification scheme will aid us in reducing the rate and impact of transmission.

Research evidence indicates that being vaccinated reduces the risk that a person will become infected with the virus, and likely further reduces their risk of transmitting coronavirus. Ensuring only those who are vaccinated attend higher risk venues and events therefore directly reduces the risk of transmission.

Where someone does catch the virus, being vaccinated significantly reduces the likelihood of serious harm or death and in doing so alleviate pressure on the healthcare system.

As a result, certification provides a targeted and proportionate means to reduce risk while maximising our ability to keep open certain settings and events where transmission is a higher risk.

In addition, the need to be vaccinated is expected to encourage the remaining sections of the eligible population yet to be vaccinated to take up the offer of the vaccine."

On 9/9/2021 at 10:27 PM, aaid said:

The best indicator of future UK government policy would be the complete opposite of what he says.

And just to prove my point, Sajid Javid now saying that vaccine passports will now not be introduced in England.

Mind you, I’ll give it a few weeks before they change their minds again. 

edit. I saw the interview on Sky where he said that vaccine passports would not be coming into force but I’ve seen some comments that suggests he contradicted himself an hour later on Andrew Marr🙄

Edited by aaid

I can't get a vaccine passport because I had one vaccine in England and one in sxotland. This is despite having both batch numbers of moderna. 

The NHS app in England shows I've only had one vaccine in May and won't issue me with a covid pass. NHS Scotland have been beyond useless. They say they can see my records but won't issue me with a letter confirming I had my 2nd dose in Scotland 

25 minutes ago, aaid said:

And just to prove my point, Sajid Javid now saying that vaccine passports will now not be introduced in England.

Mind you, I’ll give it a few weeks before they change their minds again. 

edit. I saw the interview on Sky where he said that vaccine passports would not be coming into force but I’ve seen some comments that suggests he contradicted himself an hour later on Andrew Marr🙄

He said the same think on the Marr show.

42 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I can't get a vaccine passport because I had one vaccine in England and one in sxotland. This is despite having both batch numbers of moderna. 

The NHS app in England shows I've only had one vaccine in May and won't issue me with a covid pass. NHS Scotland have been beyond useless. They say they can see my records but won't issue me with a letter confirming I had my 2nd dose in Scotland 

Have you tried going through this route?

https://www.nhsinform.scot/covid-19-vaccine/after-your-vaccine/get-a-record-of-your-coronavirus-covid-19-vaccination-status

16 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Tried that several times but as I live in England I don't have a username.

When I call they say they can see the record but can't do anything to help. It's been really frustrating. 

What about all the people who have already caught it and got over it. Why are they essentially being forced to take vaccines.

For a long time we all knew this virus was a risk to the over 50's especially with other medical conditions. The young we knew could handle it and get over it. That is how were going to build natural herd immunity and so on...

Now everyone has to have a vaccine and what's more the government is going to restrict your personal freedoms to essentially bully you into doing it.

You fucking what?! 😀

Having a venue full of vaccinated people is going to achieve what exactly anyway. Vaccinated people are catching and spreading it too. It might even be worse as some will have this false sense of security and potentially ignore the onset of symptoms more than the unvaccinated. This whole scheme is micky mouse.

So really this passport plan seems not so much about making the mass gathering 'safe' as about being the gun they can hold to people's heads to make them take (what are essentially experimental, barely tested) medical treatments they do not wish to take. People who, we were told for a long time, faced no real risk from catching covid anyway. And catching and getting over covid is FAR better than taking a vaccine. 

Not comfortable with what they are doing here at all. Why are they forcing these people. Sorry 'encouraging' them. (I am trying to avoid invoking Orwell as it not 1984 but FFS this is putting me to the test. 😀 )

I'll bet we see the same (or even worse) level of covid outbreaks from these events after the passports are introduced.

I really hope this is widely resisted, it is pure coercion. Best way is to not go to the venues and they will put so much pressure on the government they will cancel it. But I am surprised at how easily people are going along with it so who knows...

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

Tried that several times but as I live in England I don't have a username.

When I call they say they can see the record but can't do anything to help. It's been really frustrating. 

That's strange, they shouldn't be able to give you a jag without allocating a username to you. Somebody has fuked up somewhere. Where did you get the Scottish jag? If you can go direct to the place that jagged you, and explain your situation, they might still be able allocate a username. Sounds like somebody has forgotten to do it? 

4 minutes ago, phart said:

My username was on the letter I got.

A lot of folk don't get letters and a lot of those who do get them won't keep them. But there is now a link to retrieve the username on the page I posted above. At the time I was initially looking for it, that link didn't work but I think that has been fixed now. At least it worked for me, eventually.

29 minutes ago, thplinth said:

What about all the people who have already caught it and got over it. Why are they essentially being forced to take vaccines.

For a long time we all knew this virus was a risk to the over 50's especially with other medical conditions. The young we knew could handle it and get over it. That is how were going to build natural herd immunity and so on...

Now everyone has to have a vaccine and what's more the government is going to restrict your personal freedoms to essentially bully you into doing it.

You fucking what?! 😀

Having a venue full of vaccinated people is going to achieve what exactly anyway. Vaccinated people are catching and spreading it too. It might even be worse as some will have this false sense of security and potentially ignore the onset of symptoms more than the unvaccinated. This whole scheme is micky mouse.

So really this passport plan seems not so much about making the mass gathering 'safe' as about being the gun they can hold to people's heads to make them take (what are essentially experimental, barely tested) medical treatments they do not wish to take. People who, we were told for a long time, faced no real risk from catching covid anyway. And catching and getting over covid is FAR better than taking a vaccine. 

Not comfortable with what they are doing here at all. Why are they forcing these people. Sorry 'encouraging' them. (I am trying to avoid invoking Orwell as it not 1984 but FFS this is putting me to the test. 😀 )

I'll bet we see the same (or even worse) level of covid outbreaks from these events after the passports are introduced.

I really hope this is widely resisted, it is pure coercion. Best way is to not go to the venues and they will put so much pressure on the government they will cancel it. But I am surprised at how easily people are going along with it so who knows...

Agree 100% 👍🏼

This is obviously coordinated with Boris as well. How would the SECC for example be able to have conferences, gigs etc if people from other parts of the UK would not be allowed in. We announced first to help pave the way for Boris to do it in England. They did not 'copy' us. 😀

26 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

That's strange, they shouldn't be able to give you a jag without allocating a username to you. Somebody has fuked up somewhere. Where did you get the Scottish jag? If you can go direct to the place that jagged you, and explain your situation, they might still be able allocate a username. Sounds like somebody has forgotten to do it? 

Already done all of that mate. I went to the TECA in Aberdeen for the 2nd jab, I was a walk in as I was in the North East for a while. 

Edited by vanderark14

1 minute ago, vanderark14 said:

Already done all of that mate. I went to the TECA in Aberdeen for the 2nd jab, I was a walk in as I was in the North East for a while. 

Did they ask for proof you’d had a first dose or did they just take your word for it?

3 minutes ago, thplinth said:

Well there you go, probably your easiest solution then. There might be a lead time after it before it is recognized (two weeks possibly, i'd check if you need it for a certain date)

I had the 2nd dose at the start of July. I've been trying to get an appointment with my GP but they refer me to 119 and then 119 tell me its the GP I need talk with

13 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I had the 2nd dose at the start of July. I've been trying to get an appointment with my GP but they refer me to 119 and then 119 tell me its the GP I need talk with

Sounds frustrating as hell, I hope you get it sorted out, try speaking to local MP or something maybe try and escalate it that way.

Just now, phart said:

Sounds frustrating as hell, I hope you get it sorted out, try speaking to local MP or something maybe try and escalate it that way.

I've got a local Councillor involved. An independent guy who actually gets of his arse and gets shit done. 

Trying to speak to a GP in my area is like asking for an audience with the queen

I am in no way 'encouraging' anyone to get the jab if you don't want to... but if you have no choice here for any reason and simply cant do without a 'passport' and need it in a hurry then one option might be to opt for the Janssen (or J&J) vaccine if you can, as that is one shot only. So no pissing about for 3 weeks or whatever minimum for the Pfizer one (which is clearly pish anyway 😀). Probably best not to though if you are woman under 50 on the pill, as this Janssen vaccine might clot your blood and kill you or something like that... 

So that would be the fastest way to get yourself recognized for a passport I think. Again if they have you by the baws and you have no choice. Alternatively... Fuck The Man! 😀

2 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I've got a local Councillor involved. An independent guy who actually gets of his arse and gets shit done. 

Trying to speak to a GP in my area is like asking for an audience with the queen

Sounds like you're doing everything you can. I saw a story somewhere about someone with a similiar problem will try and find it.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-58475922