Scottish players in action 21/22 - Page 380 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 21/22

loanhead-tartan

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

35 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Goalkeeper howler dropping the ball leaving a tap-in for Dykes. Every little helps though. A wee boost for him.

He’s in such a bad run of form that he needed that. Maybe go on a run now.

He needs a couple of goals or he’s position in that squad is pretty questionable 

9 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

He’s in such a bad run of form that he needed that. Maybe go on a run now.

He needs a couple of goals or he’s position in that squad is pretty questionable 

There's no way Clarke isn't taking him to Germany, even if he doesn't score again for the rest of the season 

7 minutes ago, todd said:

There's no way Clarke isn't taking him to Germany, even if he doesn't score again for the rest of the season 

Agreed. Ludicrous to even suggest such a thing considering how thin on the ground we are for options.

Edited by Caledonian Craig

4 hours ago, Caledonian Craig said:

No it was a save. Pretty certain of that.

Aye, it was technically a save I suppose, it hit Taffarel’s shoulder and went over the bar.

Johnston should have buried it though, he missed a great chance against Costa Rica also.

36 minutes ago, Gala Tartan Army (Borders) said:

Gauld scored again last night, though the defending was atrocious as seems to be case a lot in MLS.

Same passing out the back goals you see every week in the fantastic EPL.

Gauld should have been tried out and capped long ago and since we wasted the last friendlies hopefully he is one of a few who get a chance in the next ones 

10 hours ago, Daz1982 said:

Aye, it was technically a save I suppose, it hit Taffarel’s shoulder and went over the bar.

Johnston should have buried it though, he missed a great chance against Costa Rica also.

The damage was certainly done in the Costa Rica match. Arguably the worst failure of the lot. Johnstone, Mcstay, mcinally and mccoist all had better than decent chances in the second half. We should have been home and hosed by the brazil match.

On 4/19/2024 at 8:50 PM, theabsentee said:

You live in Lille don't you? Nice city enjoyed the vibe for the friendly. McGinn plays too much football & might have benefitted from them going out but on the other hand going into the Euros in a happy place after lifting a European trophy & finishing in a champions League place might boost his form. 

Yes, I do. Not too far from the stadium. It's a decent place and feels a bit more like the UK (in a good way) than the rest of France.

I didn't realise that Lille hadn't played a match since the one at Villa Park whereas Aston Villa had been away at Arsenal. That obviously made a big difference.  McGinn definitely does play too much and that was definitely a factor for a few of our players in the Ukraine play-off though there will be more rest this time. If there is any good news this time (and I'm scraping the barrel here), it's that a lot of our key players won't have played a full season or been subs for a lot of that time: Robbo, Gilmour, McTominay, and Tierney come to mind. 

3 hours ago, ProudScot said:

Gauld should have been tried out and capped long ago and since we wasted the last friendlies hopefully he is one of a few who get a chance in the next ones 

Now that Ferguson is out gauld and Morgan should get chances to impress. 

16 hours ago, Daz1982 said:

I seem to remember it being a great tackle from a Brasilian defender? Could be wrong though.

6 hours ago, ProudScot said:

Agreed. Clarke would have had nothing to lose by playing him in a couple of friendlies. If he played well, then he'd have had another option to pick; if he didn't cut the mustard then that's the whole 'Ryan Gauld for Scotland' issue put to bed. 

23 minutes ago, Super_Scotlandfan said:

Tierney still benched by Real Sociedad. 

We need him playing some football but he seems to be one where that doesn't make that much of a difference. His value on transfermarkt is 12 million. I presume it's so low because of his injury record. At 26, he's worth a punt for another EPL club if they can get him so cheap.

1 hour ago, Super_Scotlandfan said:

Tierney still benched by Real Sociedad. 

I’d rather it was kept that way and he makes the odd sub appearance here and then. He’s just so injury prone that any injury between now and June will no doubt rule him out which will be the biggest blow from all these injuries we’ve had this week.

46 minutes ago, BryanBlessed said:

We need him playing some football but he seems to be one where that doesn't make that much of a difference. His value on transfermarkt is 12 million. I presume it's so low because of his injury record. At 26, he's worth a punt for another EPL club if they can get him so cheap.

I’m sure Aston Villa were interested in him. Didn’t Emery sign him for Arsenal?

Mctominay back for Utd but also Louis Jackson makes the bench for the first time. 

Callan Mckenna makes the bench for Bournemouth in the Mcginn V Christie match.

Edited by syecosse

30 minutes ago, syecosse said:

Mctominay back for Utd but also Louis Jackson makes the bench for the first time. 

Didn't realise he had moved to Bournemouth. Hope it works out well for him. Maybe a loan move to league 1 or 2 might be beneficial for him. Watched him in a match against Patrick thistle and he looked quite good especially when warming up. 

He was physically impressive for a 16 year old and looked agile and strong. Hes likely to fill out a bit over the next few years but he looked the perfect build for a keeper already. 

Could potentially be our first choice in a few years. 

1 hour ago, syecosse said:

Don’t know Louis Jackson, is he eligible for anyone else?