Scottish players in action 21/22 - Page 366 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 21/22

loanhead-tartan

4 minutes ago, theabsentee said:

I regretted putting in the international class comment on my previous post as it's pretty irrelevant really, you play the best you've got thats the reality for all national teams.

I just take issue that a couple of posters on here that think a  20 year old regular starter in the English championship is not going to be good enough for us. 

Fair enough.

There are enough examples out there that says do not judge a player's capabilities at international level by the league level they play at. We do not know until players are tried.

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, theabsentee said:

I regretted putting in the international class comment on my previous post as it's pretty irrelevant really, you play the best you've got thats the reality for all national teams.

I just take issue that a couple of posters on here that think a  20 year old regular starter in the English championship is not going to be good enough for us. 

I stated my opinion that I don't think he'll be able to step up! This is my opinion, based on absolutely nothing but my own judgement. Don't think it's worth anyone getting angry over. Maybe he will, maybe he'll score 31 international goals and I'll look back and be embarrassed. But I don't think so. I think he's decidedly average (above average for the league he's in)

1 hour ago, duncan II said:

I stated my opinion that I don't think he'll be able to step up! This is my opinion, based on absolutely nothing but my own judgement. Don't think it's worth anyone getting angry over. Maybe he will, maybe he'll score 31 international goals and I'll look back and be embarrassed. But I don't think so. I think he's decidedly average (above average for the league he's in)

Fair enough but he has attributes that's why decent sized clubs seem interested.

I rarely watch full matches at club level especially in England these days so  I tend to form my judgement from fans forums. I just know what championship clubs fans from  Bristol City(Conway) , Plymouth( Hardie) ,Sunderland(Stewart) said about the competition for Scotland squad places, let's just politely say they don't think their men are far off.

1 hour ago, theabsentee said:

Fair enough but he has attributes that's why decent sized clubs seem interested.

I rarely watch full matches at club level especially in England these days so  I tend to form my judgement from fans forums. I just know what championship clubs fans from  Bristol City(Conway) , Plymouth( Hardie) ,Sunderland(Stewart) said about the competition for Scotland squad places, let's just politely say they don't think their men are far off.

All about opinions 👍. I hope mine is wrong.

3 hours ago, theabsentee said:

Take it you don’t read the Sheffield united one. They are laughing at us. 

I don’t see any reason why Conway won’t 

A ) Improve

B ) Get caps 

If you look at stats Dykes would never get picked and he’s had some mega moments for us. 

I’ve not seen Conway much except for our under 21 games and a couple Bristol City games but he gave West Ham a torrid time and scored and looks a pacey handful. 

9 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Take it you don’t read the Sheffield united one. They are laughing at us. 

Why would they be laughing at us?

They have a squad full of really average/poor players and will likely get relegated. Most of their players wouldn't get a start for us.

Unsure where to post this but the national team managers are meeting 8/9th April to lobby UEFA to increase squad sizes to 26 players for the Euros, citing medical issues etc.

Youd think if they are all in it together it would happen again?

So maybe will be 26 after all…

20 minutes ago, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

Just read that Roberson's injury isn't as bad as first feared 👍 

I wish we could wrap him in cotton wool till the euros

28 minutes ago, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

Just read that Roberson's injury isn't as bad as first feared 👍 

Just read that they're "hopeful" it isn't that bad and that they're waiting for full info from the scan.  From the BBC Gossip section.  Hopefully you've read something more up-to-date than me cos it'd be calamitous to lose him.,

2 hours ago, ProudScot said:

Unsure where to post this but the national team managers are meeting 8/9th April to lobby UEFA to increase squad sizes to 26 players for the Euros, citing medical issues etc.

Youd think if they are all in it together it would happen again?

So maybe will be 26 after all…

If it's 26 I think most of us would like some younger players brought in but there's nobody really having a stand out season & the pick of our prospects Doak is injured

So i can't see any left field type call ups from Steve C. He would probably just go with the squad he's just had minus 1 goalie + maybe Fraser or Jack depending who's fit.

14 minutes ago, theabsentee said:

If it's 26 I think most of us would like some younger players brought in but there's nobody really having a stand out season & the pick of our prospects Doak is injured

So i can't see any left field type call ups from Steve C. He would probably just go with the squad he's just had minus 1 goalie + maybe Fraser or Jack depending who's fit.

Doak is out injured until the end of the season so it won't be him. Extra three players would probably be one of the central defenders who otherwise won't make it so either Cooper or Souttat, a midfielder most likely Ryan Jack if he is back and fit plus an attacking midfielder or striker so Ryan Fraser or maybe curveball striker like Conway as Jacob Brown is also out injured for the season.

2 hours ago, ProudScot said:

“Extra three players, excellent”

”I’ll take 7 goalies” 

🤣

This four goalies thing seems to have grown arm and legs. Do folk not realise that none of the four goalies stopped somebody else getting in the squad? He could have made the squad for these friendlies, as big as he wanted.

I really hope that this "four goalies" thing doesn't turn out to be Steve Clarke's equivalent of Levein's "no strikers" moment. 🤣

1 hour ago, syecosse said:

Not much info but seen Danny Cadamerteri(if anyone remembers him) sons is in our youth team, Caelen and the brother is in the England u19s. Guessing he was born in Dundee or relatives. 

That’s what we get in exchange for Jack Fletcher, Jensen Weir and Archie Gray. 

4 hours ago, Scotty2Hotty said:

How was he?

Having pretty much written him off based on his stats in all the games I haven’t watched I thought I had better watch today. 
Was pretty impressed but according to who scored that was his best non scoring performance of the season. Jury is still out in my opinion. 
Looked at Adam’s and Dykes stats and surprisingly there isn’t much between them  Both are very average championship players.

that leaves us Shankland who is a well above average SPL player and Mcburnie who is an above average EPL player.