Scottish players in action 21/22 - Page 358 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 21/22

loanhead-tartan

5 minutes ago, The Black Bra said:

Nothing whatsoever against McGregor but it’s obvious Gilmour & Christie are in better form and playing at a higher level every week.

I’d say McGinn and Christie having their best ever seasons? Probably Gilmour as well considering his minutes on the pitch.

That’s true but Christie has been playing this position for 3 months ish? And hasn’t ever played there for Scotland. McGregor has been brilliant for Celtic and Scotland for a number of years. 

Although I’d definitely start Christie as CM instead of McGregor against Netherlands to see how he does. 

Probably Ferguson instead of McGinn too for the same reason and incase McGinn gets injured. 

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Hertsscot said:

We need to ask the question. Hickey injured, Paterson not playing, Ashby and Ramsay not pushing on. Who else have we got? Ralston, Max Johnston? Tino Livramento?

There's no harm in asking; he can only say No. We'd be mad to ignore someone of his potential.

Gray is having the kind of impact I'd hoped Ramsay would have when he went out on loan to the English Championship but he did nothing with Preston. Max Johnston looks finally like he's getting a run of games with Sturm Graz but Ralston is being kept out of the Celtic team by a weird-faced Canadian.

4 hours ago, bigfingers said:

Lennon Miller looking good against Celtic. Only 17. Definitely one for the future. 

Class player. If he plays like that when he's only 17 his potential could be huge.

On 2/24/2024 at 3:59 AM, theabsentee said:

Pretty impressive job being done by Burke & Killie considering the old firm will have such a bigger budget , it's no fluke either when you see killie's far superior goal difference .

Yeah, superb squad we have. 

Going to see them vs Hibs tomorrow. 

A few players on tv tonight in the Fa cup (mostly eligble before the usual kick off) 

Bournemouth Christie on iplayer v Leicester.

Blackburn Hyam and Gallagher starting V Newcastle Gordon starting on the bench Barnes Anderson. 

2 hours ago, syecosse said:

A few players on tv tonight in the Fa cup (mostly eligble before the usual kick off) 

Bournemouth Christie on iplayer v Leicester.

Blackburn Hyam and Gallagher starting V Newcastle Gordon starting on the bench Barnes Anderson. 

Gonna through in the most left field eligible player…sorry in advance.

Christie’s current central midfield partner Alex Scott could play for Scotland. Born and raised in Guernsey so has the pick of the home nations. 

Has played for England youth teams but has a Scottish name. 

1 hour ago, Super_Scotlandfan said:

Gonna through in the most left field eligible player…sorry in advance.

Christie’s current central midfield partner Alex Scott could play for Scotland. Born and raised in Guernsey so has the pick of the home nations. 

Has played for England youth teams but has a Scottish name. 

Alex Scott looks like he could become a bit of a player.

Edited by ceudmilefailte

25 minutes ago, todd said:

Does that include FA cup games? I thought it would just be for league games. Did that not used to be the case?

To answer my own question, yes they do apply to cup competitions even if obtained in the league. Works in quite well for him then as I'm sure the league is deemed more important than cup games.

I know we are all keeping track, but that is Shankland on 27 goals including his Scotland goal. I'd be shocked if he didn't exceed 30 now.

Who was the last Scottish striker to score over 30 goals in a season that wasn't playing for Celtic or Rangers? Griffiths was close with 28ish for Hibs. Can't think of any one else off the top of my head.

Even for the old firm, it's pretty rare. Griffiths and Boyd, in recent memory. I'm sure someone else could add more names to this list (if they exist)

11 hours ago, N4Footsoldier said:

Any background in the Robertson exclusion from the squad tonight? Aware Klopp likes a rotation in cup games but he did play almost 90mins on Sunday.

My bet would be all part of course from returning from injury not to play to many games so soon. Think Klopp has always preferred him to the Greek reserve lad that occasionally come in. There’s still 12 league games left plus europa league/fa cup games - plenty games left to get up to speed before euros.

2 hours ago, Tartan blood said:

I know we are all keeping track, but that is Shankland on 27 goals including his Scotland goal. I'd be shocked if he didn't exceed 30 now.

Who was the last Scottish striker to score over 30 goals in a season that wasn't playing for Celtic or Rangers? Griffiths was close with 28ish for Hibs. Can't think of any one else off the top of my head.

Even for the old firm, it's pretty rare. Griffiths and Boyd, in recent memory. I'm sure someone else could add more names to this list (if they exist)

Aye anyone outside the OF banging in that many goals is worthy of a start imo.  I really want to see him start one of the Holland or NI games, preferably the NI game as that's the kind of opposition we should be going out and attacking. 

11 hours ago, Tartan blood said:

That's a good question. Maybe John Robertson - for Hearts! - back in the late 80s/early 90s.