Scottish players in action 21/22 - Page 350 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 21/22

loanhead-tartan

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

42 minutes ago, LoganRoy said:

How are they any different to McTominay Gunn Cooper Adams

Pretty sure McTominay near enough committed himself as soon as asked. Gunn and Adam’s were by a mile better than what we had in their positions. Harvey Barnes’ is shit. 

28 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Pretty sure McTominay near enough committed himself as soon as asked. Gunn and Adam’s were by a mile better than what we had in their positions. Harvey Barnes’ is shit. 

Harvey Barnes' are shit 

Edited by todd

8 hours ago, syecosse said:

Great goal by Ferguson for Bologna in Italy.

Almost the most non Italian type match I have ever seen in Italy. Ferguson had a great game and Doig was ok going forward. Not really comfortable defensively but looked like he was playing as a wing back. 

16 minutes ago, LoganRoy said:

1 of the 3.  Let's rule Barnes out then.  

So, no different, cool.  

I didn't want Adams but he's there now and has been committed. I don't think anybody is going to get worked up about one or two players who'd choose England but when it starts getting ROI in the 1980sish...

25 minutes ago, LoganRoy said:

1 of the 3.  Let's rule Barnes out then.  

So, no different, cool.  

Yes lets rule Barnes out because currently he is a fully-fledged and committed England international and until otherwise stated that is what he remains. Its being disingenuous to him to presume he is not going to remain committed to a route he freely chose. And by the way, if he ever does come out and say he'll represent us and eventually plays for us he will get my 100% support like all Scotland players do from me. But until then he is English as stated on all websites and in the international record books.

Christie starting in centre mid again. I'm sure Clarke has taken notice. 

We are very lucky to have so many versatile players. Knowing Christie can slot in there means Clarke will be less tempted to play McTominay or McGinn further back.

Seeing Christie as a midfielder, rather than a forward, could free up some space for Fraser and/or Shankland in the final 23.

18 hours ago, Texas Pete said:

He would need to declare for us first. Is he interested? I actually hope not because I can’t be bothered with the inevitable meltdown on here. đŸ˜‚

Not sure. Lol gunna be a few meltdowns in here when Barnes does gets selected. Not really bothered either way but I do think countries like ours needs all the help we can get.

48 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

Not sure. Lol gunna be a few meltdowns in here when Barnes does gets selected. Not really bothered either way but I do think countries like ours needs all the help we can get.

What an outlook. We should succeed or fail with the Scottish players we have at our disposal. Not be searching out characters who have no real interest in us until they are discarded from another country. It's about winning but winning with Scottish players. That's where the pride bit comes in. Just can't fathom what anybody whose is happy for basically anybody to play fo us actually gets out of International football. To them it's just club football in International shirts. The pride comes with winning with guys who consider themselves Scottish whether through birth or parentage etc. Don't want to end up like that Ireland or even Scottish rugby f.. king nonsense. A really horrible road to go down. 

18 hours ago, Kirk said:

Absolutely fucking not. We are Scotland, not England reject united 

End of the day you have to call them up and see how they integrate. ROI and Wales do it and both had good successes with majority of picks.

I was very sceptical about Adams declaring on eye of last euros but barely missed a squad since which shows his commitment.

Loads of negativity with Gunn but again proven his worth already in what would've been a huge problem position without him being interested.

Elliot Anderson called up but then pulled out so not interested....so yeah "f*** him."

Barnes with his quality gets into the first 11 in the long run although doubt Clarke will tinker too much in the run up given Ferguson has been excellent in Serie A last 18 months but can only get five minute cameos.

Edited by Tartan Chris

19 hours ago, ProudScot said:

Actually we’re both 

No but we are turning into it

18 hours ago, LoganRoy said:

How are they any different to McTominay Gunn Cooper Adams

Mctominay always wanted to play for us, no English unders etc. Cooper don't think he played unders for England either but may be wrong. Other 2 are annoying but we are stuck with them now. Would rather not turn into England rejects though.

18 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

This to an extent.

14 hours ago, Caledonian Craig said:

They have never been capped at full-level by England.

This

1 hour ago, Tartan Chris said:

End of the day you have to call them up and see how they integrate. ROI and Wales do it and both had good successes with majority of picks.

I was very sceptical about Adams declaring on eye of last euros but barely missed a squad since which shows his commitment.

Loads of negativity with Gunn but again proven his worth already in what would've been a huge problem position without him being interested.

Elliot Anderson called up but then pulled out so not interested....so yeah "f*** him."

Barnes with his quality gets into the first 11 in the long run although doubt Clarke will tinker too much in the run up given Ferguson has been excellent in Serie A last 18 months but can only get five minute cameos.

Don't want to turn into the England reject team though it's embarrassing. We have lots of good talent and should use it. Shite on the guys who have got us here to turn round and drop them for Harvey Barnes ffs

7 hours ago, Tartan blood said:

Christie starting in centre mid again. I'm sure Clarke has taken notice. 

We are very lucky to have so many versatile players. Knowing Christie can slot in there means Clarke will be less tempted to play McTominay or McGinn further back.

Seeing Christie as a midfielder, rather than a forward, could free up some space for Fraser and/or Shankland in the final 23.

Totally agree & he is playing really well in the deeper role. Not sure if he got a knock but he was taken off today after 56 minutes & fans saying they don't play at the same tempo without him in the team . 

Here's a fans opinion of him after the midweek game against West Ham. I know it's only a fan but if he keeps up this form up I would like Clarke to try him out probably next to McGregor as 2 sitting midfielders in Amsterdam. It could be a good dress rehearsal for the Germany game .

IMG_20240204_224439.jpg