Scottish players in action 21/22 - Page 100 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 21/22

loanhead-tartan

7 hours ago, Blantyre_Braveheart said:

Coleman is also nowhere near the player he was, Injuries have absolutely ruined him, which is a shame because in his mid 20s Coleman looked potentially world class. For me he'll be retired or at a lower level in 6-18 months.

From what I'd heard Patterson was going to their u23s for 6 months to try and keep fit while concentrating on bulking up in the GYM, he would then take over RB duties in the summer. This was before Rafa got sacked, so that plan may have changed.

While Patterson has a large frame he hasn't actually filled out much yet. If he can take this time and bulk up for the start of preseason, while learning mentally from Coleman it could serve him well. He's not long turned 20, it's not like he's 22/23 and struggling for gametime.

Seeing it spelled out, this seems like a pretty good explanation of Everton's thinking. If this is true (and Frank Lampard is on board with it). If this turns out to be the plan, then it's actually pretty exciting.

In the short-term, as thebsentee and others have pointed out, there is the Boreham Wood FA cup fixture which might provide an opportunity for Nathan Patterson.

Also, it's notable that he consistently gets named on the subs bench. Surely just a cramp or a minor knock away from getting on the pitch? (He wouldn't be in the matchday squad if Lampard and his team didn't think he was match ready and able to come on at a moment's notice?)

Fingers crossed.

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 2/13/2022 at 8:52 PM, ProudScot said:

Due to injury wasn’t it? 

Speaking of injuries. My mate was at Bologna-Empoli the other weekend and Henderson was the only Scot on the park, dunno if Hickey was injured or suspended but he seems to be getting subbed most weeks recently. Not sure if it's just tactical or not as their form has hit the skids, so maybe chasing games late on.

Noticed he was playing centre mid the other week vs Napoli but assumed that was a mistake in the match report. 

24 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Speaking of injuries. My mate was at Bologna-Empoli the other weekend and Henderson was the only Scot on the park, dunno if Hickey was injured or suspended but he seems to be getting subbed most weeks recently. Not sure if it's just tactical or not as their form has hit the skids, so maybe chasing games late on.

Noticed he was playing centre mid the other week vs Napoli but assumed that was a mistake in the match report. 

I guess he’s young still, maybe he’s gone a bit off the boil after a strong start to the season. 

Interesting to see Liam Henderson’s progression and now he’s a regular. Even if he doesn’t get a call up due to injuries and call offs at some point, it’s still good to see him doing well in Serie A and getting regular games. 

30 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I'm sure I read somewhere that he was suspended.

43 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

If the ample cover is Greg Taylor then Hickey should be called up instead of him. 

Ample cover is having Robertson and Tierney and Taylor

If he doesn't call up hickey then so be it. Clarke will know much more about hickey than us.

7 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

If he doesn't call up hickey then so be it. Clarke will know much more about hickey than us.

I'm willing to trust Clarke on this one, especially given the results and run we re on. 

Ange seems to be talking up Taylor in recent weeks as a big influence in the squad too which may be a factor, god knows but competition is good and it's good we can be talking about a guy playing every week in a flying Celtic team and somebody playing in Serie A as players who quite possibly won't be in the squad. 

18 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I agree. Clarke will be keeping tabs on all potential squad players, including Hickey. (Wouldn't be suprised if he has a trusted pair of eyes at the Serie A games to be honest).

14 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I'm willing to trust Clarke on this one, especially given the results and run we re on. 

Ange seems to be talking up Taylor in recent weeks as a big influence in the squad too which may be a factor, god knows but competition is good and it's good we can be talking about a guy playing every week in a flying Celtic team and somebody playing in Serie A as players who quite possibly won't be in the squad. 

Totally agree with this. It's been years since I or we could say we can trust the manager.

Aberdeen started Conor Barron last night, 19 year old who had been on loan at Kelty hearts. He made appearances against Edinburgh City and Motherwell but last night was his first start at Pittodrie.

He was MOTM in my opinion. Early days but he was impressive. 

2 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Aberdeen started Conor Barron last night, 19 year old who had been on loan at Kelty hearts. He made appearances against Edinburgh City and Motherwell but last night was his first start at Pittodrie.

He was MOTM in my opinion. Early days but he was impressive. 

Aye he played well, lets hope he pushes on from here 

8 minutes ago, bigfingers said:

Ryan jack starting for rangers tonight. Hope he can kick on and get in the play offs squad now. 

If he can stay fit I’m sure he’ll be in the squad. Would be a big boost if he does make it.

Probably wouldn’t start against Ukraine but given the number of games we have in March and June we could do with everyone being fit.