Season 21/22 - Page 78 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

1 hour ago, Och Aye said:

On a poor run of results? Star striker off form and experiencing a goal drought? Then look for your fixture against Motherwell. Problem (temporarily) solved!

Scotland's official footballing charity case 🙄

That used to be Dundee United. In fact, under Ivan Golac he was quoted as saying “We should rename this club the Red Cross because every time someone needs a revival they play us”. 😆

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 hours ago, slasher said:

If the rule is the same as in England, which I assume it is, then Abada has to have been deliberately seeking an advantage. He's clearly not as he is moving away from goal and doesn't even look at Bates. I think Willie Miller described him as being passive which is probably a good description. It's of course no surprise that Sportscene pundits don't know the rules. Ricky Foster in particular offers nothing. Thankfully I rarely catch the programme. 

That's a great point actually, why don't they make one of the "Pundits" an ex-ref then we could maybe avoid all those know fuck all ex-pros

5 hours ago, Lamia said:

That's ok then.

It's not. 

I am, however, a very optimistic, 'glass' half full person.

We (unfortunately) need other results to go our way, but they have been.

I take that as a positive.

And that fact that 4th is still very attainable, and we are still in the Scottish Cup are also positives.

The alternative is to be miserable (and I'm grateful I never am). 😊

4 hours ago, dj mick said:

That's a great point actually, why don't they make one of the "Pundits" an ex-ref then we could maybe avoid all those know fuck all ex-pros

Willie Collum made THREE big mistakes in Aberdeen vs Celtic last night, according to ex-SPFL referee Charlie Richmond.

Celtic's winner

The Portuguese winger stuck just moments after Ferguson's equaliser.

Tony Ralston's header played him in, but there was debate over whether an offside Liel Abada was interfering with play by blocking off David Bates.

"When the header from Anthony Ralston goes forward, Abada is in an offside position. 

"It’s not an offence to be offside, but he starts to walk back and into the path of David Bates. 

"He’s interfered with the Aberdeen defender. It’s not like Abada has stood still, he’s initiated the contact and interfered with the opponent. 

"It’s not about whether Bates would have won the ball, but he would have potentially influenced Jota’s finish. 

"It’s in such close proximity, too, so Bates could have got across to block the shot. 

"It should have been given as offside."

2 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

Willie Collum made THREE big mistakes in Aberdeen vs Celtic last night, according to ex-SPFL referee Charlie Richmond.

Celtic's winner

The Portuguese winger stuck just moments after Ferguson's equaliser.

Tony Ralston's header played him in, but there was debate over whether an offside Liel Abada was interfering with play by blocking off David Bates.

"When the header from Anthony Ralston goes forward, Abada is in an offside position. 

"It’s not an offence to be offside, but he starts to walk back and into the path of David Bates. 

"He’s interfered with the Aberdeen defender. It’s not like Abada has stood still, he’s initiated the contact and interfered with the opponent. 

"It’s not about whether Bates would have won the ball, but he would have potentially influenced Jota’s finish. 

"It’s in such close proximity, too, so Bates could have got across to block the shot. 

"It should have been given as offside."

Get over it.. Pumped once again by the Famous Glasgow Celtic.. Enjoy your weekend Scotty...🙂🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

2 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Get over it.. Pumped once again by the Famous Glasgow Celtic.. Enjoy your weekend Scotty...🙂🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

You upset that we’re the victims this time instead of Celtic.

1 hour ago, RDFH64 said:

You upset that we’re the victims this time instead of Celtic.

Whit? We had a legitimate goal called off. Yir lucky yae only got pumped 3-2. When Ange ball gets full throttle, yae may need a bigger bog roll tae dry yor eyes...🤣🤣🤣🤣🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

On 2/9/2022 at 4:06 PM, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Uh oh..

On 2/9/2022 at 4:39 PM, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Awe here we go.. Squeaky bum for me..🤣🤣🤣

7 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Pumped once again by the Famous Glasgow Celtic.. 

Aye, your confidence never waned. 🙄

Would be nice to get an undeserved 'honest mistake' result over Celtic or Sevco because if it ever happened you can bet we Dandies would admit we got away with it.

36 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

Would be nice to get an undeserved 'honest mistake' result over Celtic or Sevco because if it ever happened you can bet we Dandies would admit we got away with it.

I recall gordon strachan scored against them both whilst bleeding from his nose ; luckily the ref allowed play to continue 

6 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

You're trying to reason with a deranged football fan. You'd be better spending your day hitting your head against the wall.