Season 21/22 - Page 77 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

4 minutes ago, slasher said:

If I was you I'd be more concerned about where Aberdeen's season is going under Glass (currently 9th) 🤔

I’ve been concerned for a good while, the panel on tonight’s sportscene programme all agreed with what I said about Celtics 3rd goal, take the hoops specs off & have another look 👍

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, RDFH64 said:

I’ve been concerned for a good while, the panel on tonight’s sportscene programme all agreed with what I said about Celtics 3rd goal, take the hoops specs off & have another look 👍

I saw it. Bullshit. 

Little or nothing said about Jota disallowed goal for 0-3.

Straw clutcher ASC👍

11 minutes ago, RDFH64 said:

I bow to your superior eyesight 👏👏👏 Victim CSC 👍

My eyesight is 20/20, thanks for acknowledging. 👍

We are victims of having struck it lucky with our manager for sure unlike Cormacks experiment at the Ewe Camp 😂

1st goal - Woods should have come for it. (Terrible kicking all night, too.)

2nd goal - unlucky deflection.

3rd goal - from the training ground. Worked a charm.

4th goal - Lewis scores his 7th v Celtic with a great header.

5th goal - offside

Also, Celtic orchestrated a premeditated lay down to stop 10IAR.  😊

9 hours ago, slasher said:

😂 Even by Sheepy standards this is pretty desperate. 

We were guff tonight, worst performance over the last month but job done 👍

I just watched the replays, I'm not sure what the rule is nowadays but I can't see how Abada isn't interfering with play, he was in an offside position and right in the thick of it.

The ferguson penalty claim would've been soft but the celtic defender couldn't complain if it was given. The defender wasn't watching the ball and deliberately put himself into ferguson 

31 minutes ago, Lamia said:

Glad I can no longer see the happy Cormack clappers, no doubt celebrating our "plucky" performance and 9th place in the league. But of course I am the one who knows nothing about football. 

There weren't any happy cormack clappers on here but congrats, you must feel great with that level of smugness.

15 minutes ago, glasgow jock said:

It must be so frustrating being an Aberdeen fan (as there is a decent team in there somewhere), If you lot played with the same drive as you do against Celtic & Sevco, you would easily be sitting comfortably in 3rd place

It certainly is frustrating & it needs sorting out ASAP. We struggle badly playing against teams who sit in & the players probably enjoy the more open game against Celtic & Rangers.

19 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

In other league in the world would embrace a title decider, not this shitpit of a domestic league though. 

If the old firm can play in cup finals at 3pm on a saturday then there is no reason why they can't play at title decider. It's just another reason why the league is a carve up. 

Completely agree but it goes hand in hand with not dealing with the behaviour of the clubs fans. If you cant get that under control then it gives the police an easy out to say the game shouldnt take place.

Its not even as simple as playing it with no fans as most of the violence happens outside the ground. I cant remember the exact figure but domestic abuse rises something like 300% on Old Firm day.

2 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

There weren't any happy cormack clappers on here but congrats, you must feel great with that level of smugness.

She’s a muppet, best left alone to her own devices of being an attention cunt. 

Edited by dandydunn

1st half was a training session for Celtic, 2nd half was a football match - funnily enough a lot of Celtic's players didn't fancy the 2nd half as much when they were actually pressed and tackled. In all my years of going to football I don't think standing about admiring your opponents has ever worked!

Hopefully we can keep McRorie away from centre half after the 2nd half last night, wasted back there.

5 hours ago, Lamia said:

Glad I can no longer see the happy Cormack clappers, no doubt celebrating our "plucky" performance and 9th place in the league. But of course I am the one who knows nothing about football. 

It's so tight that when we win our game in hand that we'll be 6th, one point off 4th.

4 hours ago, glasgow jock said:

It must be so frustrating being an Aberdeen fan (as there is a decent team in there somewhere), If you lot played with the same drive as you do against Celtic & Sevco, you would easily be sitting comfortably in 3rd place

Yes, too many changes with inexperienced personnel.

Aberdeen isn't the size of club to cut ones' teeth on.

56 minutes ago, mr mojo risin said:

1st half was a training session for Celtic, 2nd half was a football match - funnily enough a lot of Celtic's players didn't fancy the 2nd half as much when they were actually pressed and tackled. In all my years of going to football I don't think standing about admiring your opponents has ever worked.

Spot on.

57 minutes ago, mr mojo risin said:

Hopefully we can keep McRorie away from centre half after the 2nd half last night, wasted back there.

Aye, going by last night, I wouldn't mind seeing McCrorie at RB with Ramsay playing in front of him putting in the crosses from that side for our 2 up front (which I also liked to see).

1 hour ago, Scotty CTA said:

It's so tight that when we win our game in hand that we'll be 6th, one point off 4th.

I think there’s a lot if fans thinking along the same lines.

if we ( St Mirren ) win our game in hand we’ll be 4th, Saints have never finished too 6 since the split format came in, we were a minute away from it last season.

I’m happy with the way our season is going, only 7 league defeats in 25 games is a great stat for us. 

9 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

I just watched the replays, I'm not sure what the rule is nowadays but I can't see how Abada isn't interfering with play, he was in an offside position and right in the thick of it.

The ferguson penalty claim would've been soft but the celtic defender couldn't complain if it was given. The defender wasn't watching the ball and deliberately put himself into ferguson 

If the rule is the same as in England, which I assume it is, then Abada has to have been deliberately seeking an advantage. He's clearly not as he is moving away from goal and doesn't even look at Bates. I think Willie Miller described him as being passive which is probably a good description. It's of course no surprise that Sportscene pundits don't know the rules. Ricky Foster in particular offers nothing. Thankfully I rarely catch the programme. 

Edited by slasher

2 hours ago, slasher said:

If the rule is the same as in England, which I assume it is, then Abada has to have been deliberately seeking an advantage. He's clearly not as he is moving away from goal and doesn't even look at Bates. I think Willie Miller described him as being passive which is probably a good description. It's of course no surprise that Sportscene pundits don't know the rules. Ricky Foster in particular offers nothing. Thankfully I rarely catch the programme. 

I didn't watch sportscene. Like you I think Foster is a muppet. I made my own judgement after watching the game

Yes, but there isn't usually a pack fighting for fourth. The pack is usually further down fighting for top six.

As disappointing as Aberdeen's results have been, our main competition (on paper... Hibs and Motherwell) have had results that are just as disappointing.

We badly need a settled starting 11.

The second half v Celtic has given me hope.

If we can replicate that, we could see off Motherwell and St. Johnstone.

Failure in those games and Glass would have to go.

1 hour ago, Scotty CTA said:

Yes, but there isn't usually a pack fighting for fourth. The pack is usually further down fighting for top six.

As disappointing as Aberdeen's results have been, our main competition (on paper... Hibs and Motherwell) have had results that are just as disappointing.

We badly need a settled starting 11.

The second half v Celtic has given me hope.

If we can replicate that, we could see off Motherwell and St. Johnstone.

Failure in those games and Glass would have to go.

On a poor run of results? Star striker off form and experiencing a goal drought? Then look for your fixture against Motherwell. Problem (temporarily) solved!

Scotland's official footballing charity case 🙄

Edited by Och Aye