Season 21/22 - Page 75 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, EddardStark said:

Meanwhile on planet football Rangers have battered Hearts. Probably our best performance of the season. Jack is back to a decent level which is a massive bonus.Ā 

It's great isn't it? I mean we've all missed the old firm pulverising teams 4 or 5 nil every week.Ā 

I'm so glad Scottish football is back

The championship in Scotland is a more exciting league.

Another round of fixtures on Wednesday. Partick play Inverness and killie have a home Derby against Ayr, a full house at this one?Ā 

Arbroath take on Hamilton. A dra in the other two games and an Arbroath win would see Arbroath 6 points clear at the top šŸ˜³

50 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Another round of fixtures on Wednesday. Partick play Inverness and killie have a home Derby against Ayr, a full house at this one?Ā 

Arbroath take on Hamilton. A dra in the other two games and an Arbroath win would see Arbroath 6 points clear at the top šŸ˜³

It really is exciting. Arbroath were the only team in the top 5 to pick up 3 points at the weekend. It's great for Scottish football. Hope they can keep it up. Some folk thought the bubble would have burst by now. Still time yet.

Thistle could be their closest challengers with the two games in hand, but they still need to win them.

12 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

It's great isn't it? I mean we've all missed the old firm pulverising teams 4 or 5 nil every week.Ā 

I'm so glad Scottish football is back

I stand to be corrected but Aberdeen have lost 11 games this season. We havenā€™t beaten you in our two games. What does Ā that say about Aberdeen?
Ā 

No point complaining about competitiveness when your team is failing to meet minimum expectations.Ā 

17 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

I stand to be corrected but Aberdeen have lost 11 games this season. We havenā€™t beaten you in our two games. What does Ā that say about Aberdeen?
Ā 

No point complaining about competitiveness when your team is failing to meet minimum expectations.Ā 

Come on, itā€™s unfair to expect Aberdeen to be competitive against teams like Livingston and St Mirren.

1 hour ago, EddardStark said:

A fair point, something that hasn't gone unnoticedĀ 

11 minutes ago, Lamia said:

Give us a break we are in a transition season.

That's not reflective of the support - You need to get your hole more often / for the first time

1 hour ago, EddardStark said:

Ā 

Not sure what aberdeen have got to do with this. When I post I'm not always coming from An Aberdeen point of view.

Ā 

Ā 

15 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Wont be a full house. Had it been on the original date (2nd January) with no restrictions then I think we would have had 10,000+ easily.Ā 

Ayr have only sold about 1000 strangely for Wednesday. Roughly 7,000 shifted in home end so hopefully stlll get 8000+.

10 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Genuine question but are you enjoying the season in the championship?

Nope. Good away days but daft covid rules has fucked a few of them (vastly restricted crowds for both Dumfries trips)Ā  and arbroath trips been Friday's, as was Inverness. Added to fact not one derby has even been on a Saturday and that the SPFL in their infident wisdom made the first one the first game of the season with a vastly reduced crowd nust about sums it up so far!

Ā 

Ā 

12 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Nope. Good away days but daft covid rules has fucked a few of them (vastly restricted crowds for both Dumfries trips)Ā  and arbroath trips been Friday's, as was Inverness. Added to fact not one derby has even been on a Saturday and that the SPFL in their infident wisdom made the first one the first game of the season with a vastly reduced crowd nust about sums it up so far!

Ā 

Ā 

From this I take it covid has ruined the season for you.

Regarding the fixtures, aren't the generated at random?Ā 

12 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Genuine question but are you enjoying the season in the championship?

Probably more no than yes. We've had a couple of decent away days to less frequented venues when it's been possible, but the football has been pretty poor (from a Killie perspective, that's not a slur on the rest of the division).

It just feels like an almighty comedown after riding high in the Premier only three years ago.

Ā 

4 hours ago, Toepoke said:

Probably more no than yes. We've had a couple of decent away days to less frequented venues when it's been possible, but the football has been pretty poor (from a Killie perspective, that's not a slur on the rest of the division).

It just feels like an almighty comedown after riding high in the Premier only three years ago.

Ā 

Fair enough. I asked because I know a few Reading fans who'd rather be in the championship than the EPL but also because the Scottish Premiership is slowly getting back to the days of the old firm smashing everyone and I believe the cup wins got those out with the OF will soon be few and far between. I wondered if the competition of the championship was a breath fo fresh air

That last OF match was the turning point because rangers now realise they have a real fight on their hands. Look at the way they bounced back against the best of the rest and look and how much both clubs are now spending. Their rivalry has intensified.

3 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Fair enough. I asked because I know a few Reading fans who'd rather be in the championship than the EPL but also because the Scottish Premiership is slowly getting back to the days of the old firm smashing everyone and I believe the cup wins got those out with the OF will soon be few and far between. I wondered if the competition of the championship was a breath fo fresh air

The competition at the top of the Championship is certainly interesting and the Arbroath story is fantastic, however when you sit down to watch 90 minutes of turgid hoofball it becomes a bit of a slog.

The best game I've seen this season was the cup tie v Dundee United, two sides playing quick attacking football on the deck, end to end stuff and an entertaining afternoon.Ā 

There's also the fear, nay terror, that we miss out on promotion and slide further like Dunfermline or Falkirk (or perish the thought, Killie in the 1980sĀ šŸ˜¬).

Anyway that said I have purchased a ticket for tomorrow's Ayrshire derby and look forward to a raucous atmosphere. It's been a while since I've been at one at Rugby ParkĀ šŸ™‚

14 hours ago, EddardStark said:

Ā 

What does it say about Rangers, we dominated the last game & Rangers were fortunate to scrape a draw at ibrox šŸ‘

1 hour ago, Toepoke said:

The competition at the top of the Championship is certainly interesting and the Arbroath story is fantastic, however when you sit down to watch 90 minutes of turgid hoofball it becomes a bit of a slog.

The best game I've seen this season was the cup tie v Dundee United, two sides playing quick attacking football on the deck, end to end stuff and an entertaining afternoon.Ā 

There's also the fear, nay terror, that we miss out on promotion and slide further like Dunfermline or Falkirk (or perish the thought, Killie in the 1980sĀ šŸ˜¬).

Anyway that said I have purchased a ticket for tomorrow's Ayrshire derby and look forward to a raucous atmosphere. It's been a while since I've been at one at Rugby ParkĀ šŸ™‚

I see, I guess this is where we differ. The attacking free flowing football is important to me, I would rather watch highland league than SPFL nowadays.Ā 

17 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

From this I take it covid has ruined the season for you.

Regarding the fixtures, aren't the generated at random?Ā 

If they are generated at random then why are new year games always derby's? Why do Celtic play at home first old firm one year, then Rangers next year? Why do Hearts and Hibs do the same? Nothing random about it.Ā 

36 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

If they are generated at random then why are new year games always derby's? Why do Celtic play at home first old firm one year, then Rangers next year? Why do Hearts and Hibs do the same? Nothing random about it.Ā 

I believe theyā€™re random but with some conditions attached, some are traditional such as the derby games at New Year and last seasonā€™s champions being at home on opening day and others will be on the basis of police advice such as teams from the same city not being at home on the same day.Ā