Season 21/22 - Page 76 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

On 2/7/2022 at 7:23 AM, vanderark14 said:

It's great isn't it? I mean we've all missed the old firm pulverising teams 4 or 5 nil every week. 

I'm so glad Scottish football is back

I do hope we aren't going back to that, it isn't good for any of us in the long run. Sadly, I fear you might be right. 

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 hours ago, aaid said:

I believe they’re random but with some conditions attached, some are traditional such as the derby games at New Year and last season’s champions being at home on opening day and others will be on the basis of police advice such as teams from the same city not being at home on the same day. 

It's not random at all, very naive to think it was. 

If it was random than surely you would have at least one old firm game in living memory on the first game of the season? It's happened for Hearts, Hibs, Dundee,Dundee Utd etc. Same with Old FIrm playing last game of the season- never, ever happens even though there is a 1 in 5 chance of it. 

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

If it was random than surely you would have at least one old firm game in living memory on the first game of the season? It's happened for Hearts, Hibs, Dundee,Dundee Utd etc. Same with Old FIrm playing last game of the season- never, ever happens even though there is a 1 in 5 chance of it. 

I am not sure what your point is, are you suggesting the Ayrshire derby should be treated differently to the other fixtures?

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Do you know how probability works?

Anyway, I suspect that it’s police concerns that stop OF games being on the opening and closing day of the season.  Since the infamous game at Parkhead, the Police have been dead against any OF game being a title decider, I seem to remember them being very exercised about this a couple of seasons back. 

Edited by aaid

3 minutes ago, aaid said:

Do you know how probability works?

Yes, do you?

Funny how the old firm games are always almost the exact same weekends each season. How does your probability theory fit into that?

Also, Rangers and Celtic have never had 20 away games and 18 home games after the split. Rangers (as it stands) would be due to play 4 of the top 6 at home. There is absolutely no chance the SPFL will let Celtic play 18 home and Rangers 20 at home (or vice versa) although they are happy for it to happen to others (Killie had to go to Ibrox 3 times under Clarke)

It's rigged to fuck and you are naive if you think otherwise. 

Im almost certain the fixtures arent completely random. A computer gets programmed with certain criteria, such as teams from the same city shouldnt be at home on the same weekend and then some others which are likely to include specified dates for derbys, ie new year. After that the rest are random.

The polics and footballing authorities agreed that an old firm game shouldnt be a title decider after the trouble a number of years ago. I dont think thats the correct approach but hey ho.

2 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

I am not sure what your point is, are you suggesting the Ayrshire derby should be treated differently to the other fixtures?

i'm saying there is no way they would have put say an Old Firm Derby in for first game of the season when they knew crowds would still be restricted at that stage. Seems daft putting the game that would get the biggest crowd in the league (by some distance) in at a date that at that stage (when the fixtures came out) still had the crowd as being a very small % of the capacity. 

20 minutes ago, Diamond Scot said:

Im almost certain the fixtures arent completely random. A computer gets programmed with certain criteria, such as teams from the same city shouldnt be at home on the same weekend and then some others which are likely to include specified dates for derbys, ie new year. After that the rest are random.

The polics and footballing authorities agreed that an old firm game shouldnt be a title decider after the trouble a number of years ago. I dont think thats the correct approach but hey ho.

In other league in the world would embrace a title decider, not this shitpit of a domestic league though. 

If the old firm can play in cup finals at 3pm on a saturday then there is no reason why they can't play at title decider. It's just another reason why the league is a carve up. 

3 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

i'm saying there is no way they would have put say an Old Firm Derby in for first game of the season when they knew crowds would still be restricted at that stage. Seems daft putting the game that would get the biggest crowd in the league (by some distance) in at a date that at that stage (when the fixtures came out) still had the crowd as being a very small % of the capacity. 

Not sure I agree, I don't think any fixture should get any special treatment, not even the old firm.

13 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Uh oh..

3rd goal Celtic player who didn’t score was offside & affecting the defenders, Celtic defender jumped into Aberdeen player & no penalty given, suppose that’s what the diddy team always gets wi Gollum as ref against Celtic.

15 minutes ago, RDFH64 said:

3rd goal Celtic player who didn’t score was offside & affecting the defenders, Celtic defender jumped into Aberdeen player & no penalty given, suppose that’s what the diddy team always gets wi Gollum as ref against Celtic.

Awe here we go.. Squeaky bum for me..🤣🤣🤣

19 minutes ago, RDFH64 said:

Better performance tonight?

5 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Shouldn't, but they do. Squirrelhumper is spot on with what he has typed.

Of course they do. Probably the best example is the bookings that get let go because the OF game is “passionate” and an early card could ruin the game. 

No one else in Scotland matter, the sooner we all accept that, the better. 

31 minutes ago, RDFH64 said:

😂 Even by Sheepy standards this is pretty desperate. 

We were guff tonight, worst performance over the last month but job done 👍

40 minutes ago, slasher said:

😂 Even by Sheepy standards this is pretty desperate. 

We were guff tonight, worst performance over the last month but job done 👍

Sincerest apologies as i’m new at playing the victim game, could you give me some tips so I don’t make the same silly mistakes next time as your lot are the experts at being victims 😜

13 minutes ago, RDFH64 said:

Sincerest apologies as i’m new at playing the victim game, could you give me some tips so I don’t make the same silly mistakes next time as your lot are the experts at being victims 😜

If I was you I'd be more concerned about where Aberdeen's season is going under Glass (currently 9th) 🤔