The news thread - Page 238 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

36 minutes ago, Alibi said:

Compare this with Michael Mathieson.  Why is she not being asked to pay the £15k herself?

🤔Could it be because she’s from Westminster & not Holyrood, obviously standards & behaviour expectations are a lot lower in the Westminster cesspit so £15000 doesn’t quite reach the press’s character attack & slaughter criteria 🤬

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

9 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Malcolm - wants all the best roads and best transport services but doesn't want to pay for it. 

A tory and a spoilt baby

...throwing economic buzz words out of the pram! 

On 3/5/2024 at 3:49 PM, TDYER63 said:

From 50 mins in

Thank you, sorry @TDYER63just got round to watching this. Quite like him usually and he does sound like he's starting to come around to seeing our point(s) of view but maybe not quite there yet. He still makes the odd wee contradictive or condescending comment. The callers were ok but the guy in Greenock thought the SNP were happy to have WM as a grievance. Not sure that's fully plausible given how frustrating it must be to work within that slow and dysfunctional system. 

6 hours ago, Alibi said:

Compare this with Michael Mathieson.  Why is she not being asked to pay the £15k herself?

Same thought crossed my mind. Undoubtedly if it had been an SNP minister in Westminster or Holyrood the normal culprits would be baying for blood for the next couple of weeks.

59 minutes ago, StirlingEgg said:

Thank you, sorry @TDYER63just got round to watching this. Quite like him usually and he does sound like he's starting to come around to seeing our point(s) of view but maybe not quite there yet. He still makes the odd wee contradictive or condescending comment. The callers were ok but the guy in Greenock thought the SNP were happy to have WM as a grievance. Not sure that's fully plausible given how frustrating it must be to work within that slow and dysfunctional system. 

Yes, I quite like him too even though I think he sometimes likes the sound of his own voice too much ( irony alert ! ) and can in general be a bit condescending. 

I posted this mainly because at that time I had only just heard what Keith Brown had said and there are/were a few posters on here who have in the past said we should just forget about WM.

I personally do not think its a good idea to not take  seats there, much as I detest the place, I think that would backfire massively with the public . I thought all the callers were pretty articulate even if I didn’t agree with them on this, and it was a pleasant experience to have an interviewer give pro independence folk an opportunity to get their point across without constantly butting in . I know James O’brien has bigger fish to fry and is probably paying a bit of lip service but at least he is allocating time to the situation and providing some media balance . 
My own MP I think is exasperated, I don’t think some people realise how frustrating it must be. Folk who seem to think they all just swan about down there, there are actually some really hard working MPs. . The other parties were happy to  accommodate the SNP years ago when there were about 3 of them and posed little threat , but I  think it must be like working in a vipers nest these days. And we wonder why nobody wants to get into politics. 

2 hours ago, Hertsscot said:

Same thought crossed my mind. Undoubtedly if it had been an SNP minister in Westminster or Holyrood the normal culprits would be baying for blood for the next couple of weeks.

I first saw the story on the ITN news last night, they showed the minister on VT but didn't even mention her name!

That's the Maybot away now. I wish one day these folk would admit their ideology has failed. She only looks better now because her successors have been horrendous so a very low bar. Hopefully they won't pay tribute to her as though she was a well loved dinner lady. Her 'hostile environment' isn't something to celebrate nor was she a 'safe pair of hands'. 

1 hour ago, StirlingEgg said:

That's the Maybot away now. I wish one day these folk would admit their ideology has failed. She only looks better now because her successors have been horrendous so a very low bar. Hopefully they won't pay tribute to her as though she was a well loved dinner lady. Her 'hostile environment' isn't something to celebrate nor was she a 'safe pair of hands'. 

👍

Whatever you think of Theresa May, she stood for a set of laudable and principled political values: Go Home vans, deporting Black British pensioners, restoring the whip to an MP accused of sexual assault to save her in a no confidence vote...

Edited by Ally Bongo

8 hours ago, StirlingEgg said:

She was only marginally less awful than her immediate successors, I would say. Bequeathed a respectable majority by Cameron, she could have got her softer Brexit plan through the HoC but instead, stupidly and unnecessarily, called a general election, where she lost her majority - even losing ground to the hopeless Jeremy Corbyn - and ending up in hock to the nutters of the DUP. 

This led to years of gridlock, which in turn led to her position as PM becoming untenable, Boris Johnson succeeding her as PM, a Tory majority government full of clowns, a hard Brexit and a shambolically managed health pandemic, all of which have been disastrous for her country and could possibly see her party out of office for a decade!

21 hours ago, Grim Jim said:

Yet another good post @TDYER63. With your heart in the right place and head firmly squared on your shoulders, you'd get my vote.

Apart from your harvesting blinkers of course 😆

When  I become the FM of an independent Scotland I shall pardon all ‘harvesters with good intent’ and issue a formal apology 😆

5 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

lcimg-6f61904c-e1fa-47d0-8d40-b63c70406297.png

That must be the perfect front page for Express readers . 
Royal arse licking, xenophobia and a delusional vision of Britain. So accurate it could actually be a spoof. 

2 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

When  I become the FM of an independent Scotland I shall pardon all ‘harvesters with good intent’ and issue a formal apology 😆

The only problem with that is that as soon as you stand for public office this stain on your character will come out and you'll have to resign before you get a chance to do anything. I'd still vote for you though. 

4 hours ago, scotlad said:

This led to years of gridlock, which in turn led to her position as PM becoming untenable, Boris Johnson succeeding her as PM, a Tory majority government full of clowns, a hard Brexit and a shambolically managed health pandemic, all of which have been disastrous for her country and could possibly see her party out of office for a decade!

I shudder to think what kind of party they will be on their return. Should really be a fringe group but they must have plenty of financial backing. GB News, Liz Truss, Talktv etc would otherwise have sank without a trace. 

11 hours ago, kumnio said:

Is that the Tory equivalent of saying that you successfully shat yourself while drunk at the weekend. Great success.

🤣🤣 obviously