The news thread - Page 215 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

2 hours ago, King Of Paisley said:

Surprise surprise. No mass media outcry. Imagine if this was a senior SNP politician making these comments. Would be the usual Unionist pile on calling for sackings etc. 

Cleverly is just a nasty despicable cunt. Like all Tories

The government seem to be more concerned that these comments were supposed to be in a "private conversation", (even though that "private event" was full of journalists), than they are about what he actually said and did. They are basically saying that these journalists aren't supposed to report on what these vile, horrible gits are really like, but they are only supposed to report on the official party line. They have got to the stage where they are expecting the media to just be part of that establishment propaganda. Which isn't far from the truth, right enough. 

They don't care that he is happy to joke about spiking women with rhohypnol, they only care that somebody in their cosy media circle decided to to report it.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, King Of Paisley said:

Surprise surprise. No mass media outcry. Imagine if this was a senior SNP politician making these comments. Would be the usual Unionist pile on calling for sackings etc. 

But plenty of good publicity for them up here . Oh the irony..

https://news.stv.tv/scotland/tough-new-measures-proposed-by-scottish-conservatives-to-tackle-surge-in-drinks-spiking-incidents

I didn’t know spiking wasnt an actual offence. It would be interesting to know what the opposition is preventing this. 

4 hours ago, Orraloon said:

The arrogance of these despicable cunts is incredible. They think they are untouchable. I wonder what his wife thinks about these "jokes"?

https://www.itv.com/news/2023-12-23/home-secretary-joked-about-drugging-wife-hours-after-announcing-spiking-laws 

Their PR advisors aren't much better. This "it was an ironic joke" pish defence has been used before. They don't even understand what that means or when it's appropriate. 

I used to work with a guy who was routinely ridiculed by a few managers and one of the themes was his attractive wife. They would suggest that Rohypnol was the reason he had managed to snag someone so beyond him. That's what this govt reminds me of - overpromoted terrible middle managers. 

5 hours ago, King Of Paisley said:

Absolutely it would. It would be in the news for weeks; a career-ending resignation matter. Dreadful patter from the inappropriately named Clervely.

It would also be a near disaster for any SNP politician mimicking an aeroplane crashing on the 35th anniversary of the Lockerbie bombing, like that osmium-dense cunt Anas Sarwar did at FMQs the other day.

Of course, Sarwar didn't mean it that way (he's just too stupid to realise the potential implications) but if someone from "the other side" had done the same thing he would be front and centre demanding apologies and resignations.

Blackpool Tower pretended to be on fire today causing major distress

It was orange tarpaulin/netting blowing in the wind ......

Edited by Ally Bongo

1 hour ago, Ally Bongo said:

Blackpool Tower pretended to be on fire today causing major distress

It was orange tarpaulin/netting blowing in the wind ......

🤣 As if a fire would stand a chance in one of the wettest and windiest parts of the British Isles!

Living in Glasgow though, I'm increasingly in awe of towns and cities where iconic buildings don't suddenly and for no apparent reason catch fire.

4 hours ago, scotlad said:

🤣 As if a fire would stand a chance in one of the wettest and windiest parts of the British Isles!

Living in Glasgow though, I'm increasingly in awe of towns and cities where iconic buildings don't suddenly and for no apparent reason catch fire.

Station Hotel in Ayr self combusts on a monthly basis. The council should start selling tickets for it like Old Faithful or something. 

5 minutes ago, shunkyboy and the fluffer said:

Station Hotel in Ayr self combusts on a monthly basis. The council should start selling tickets for it like Old Faithful or something. 

Also the old Hourstons building in Ayr, surely an insurance job 🤔

Britain's shortest-serving prime minister Liz Truss has unveiled her resignation honours list, sparking an angry backlash from some critics.

Ms Truss, who spent 49 days in office, nominated Conservative donor Jon Moynihan and ex-Vote Leave chief Matthew Elliott for seats in the Lords.

Ruth Porter, a former senior Truss aide, is also made a peer.

7 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

Britain's shortest-serving prime minister Liz Truss has unveiled her resignation honours list, sparking an angry backlash from some critics.

Ms Truss, who spent 49 days in office, nominated Conservative donor Jon Moynihan and ex-Vote Leave chief Matthew Elliott for seats in the Lords.

Ruth Porter, a former senior Truss aide, is also made a peer.

Kevin Sinfield and Rob Burrow got CBEs for services to raising awareness about motor neurone disease and raising millions in the process

Meanwhile that snivelling Tory cunt Tim Martin receives a knighthood.

For what exactly? Services to walking 2 miles to the bog? Overpriced shite food? Sticky carpets? Taking an age to get served at the bar?

Yet another reason to boycott his shite pubs. Not to mention scrapping this outdated gongs for the boys nonsense. 

3 hours ago, King Of Paisley said:

For what exactly? Services to walking 2 miles to the bog? Overpriced shite food? Sticky carpets? Taking an age to get served at the bar?

You forgot tables that you have to clean yourself, fucking horrible places. I regularly cut my nose off to spite my face when it comes to his establishments, I’d genuinely rather sit on a park bench with the jakies than drink in a Wetherspoons

19 minutes ago, dan cake said:

You forgot tables that you have to clean yourself, fucking horrible places. I regularly cut my nose off to spite my face when it comes to his establishments, I’d genuinely rather sit on a park bench with the jakies than drink in a Wetherspoons

You're not alone!

3 hours ago, King Of Paisley said:

Kevin Sinfield and Rob Burrow got CBEs for services to raising awareness about motor neurone disease and raising millions in the process

Yet another reason to boycott his shite pubs. Not to mention scrapping this outdated gongs for the boys nonsense. 

I took my niece and nephew to George Square a few weeks ago to see the lights and go on a couple of rides. It was freezing and we needed food , against my better judgment went into the counting house as it was close , it was big so expected to get a table easily, and kids could get in. OMG never again. Despite being rammed packed it was the most soulless and freezing cold  pub I have been at in a long while. And manky dishes stacked up everywhere . The food was cold and tasteless. My niece had a tomato pasta that was so cold it had that congealed film over it.  Granted the food and drink weren’t expensive but it wasn’t dirt cheap either, a McDonalds would have provided better quality and value. I was in there a few years ago  and didn’t like it then either but at that time at least the food was edible. If this is Tim Martins post Brexit dream he can stick it up his Euro phobic arse . If there was an honour for providing a race to the bottom of the service industry he might actually deserve it.

There are so many other decent pubs in Glasgow I cannot think why anyone would actually choose to eat or drink in Wetherspoons unless , like me,  it was for convenience. Never again. 

37 minutes ago, dan cake said:

👏

5 hours ago, dan cake said:

Good selection of proper beer at decent prices, what more do you need from a pub?

31 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Good selection of proper beer at decent prices, what more do you need from a pub?

Hygiene, prompt service, big screen tv’s showing sport, music (background) and toilets that are in the same building. Going to the pub is a social occasion for me, if it’s just about the drink why not get a carry out and sit in the house? Oh aye and they’re owned by an utter cunt

Edited by dan cake

1 hour ago, dan cake said:

Hygiene, prompt service, big screen tv’s showing sport, music (background) and toilets that are in the same building. Going to the pub is a social occasion for me, if it’s just about the drink why not get a carry out and sit in the house? Oh aye and they’re owned by an utter cunt

for all the above obvious faults I have to admire the fact that when he opens a pub in an old building he doesn't rip the soul out of it,examples being, the counting house and crystal palace,in glasgow, the ticket place in edinburgh and another bank in george street in edinburgh and the cinema one is amazing aberdeen has again an old bank in archibald simpsons,the justice mill is  what it is ,an old shop

3 hours ago, davierobbsagod said:

for all the above obvious faults I have to admire the fact that when he opens a pub in an old building he doesn't rip the soul out of it,examples being, the counting house and crystal palace,in glasgow, the ticket place in edinburgh and another bank in george street in edinburgh and the cinema one is amazing aberdeen has again an old bank in archibald simpsons,the justice mill is  what it is ,an old shop

I always hated everything he stood for, and never go into his establishments. Much to my friends amusement on nights out..

However I have read, from a couple of sources (now this could be an urban myth) that the reason they are all called Witherspoons is that he had a teacher at school called Mr Witherspoon, who told him he was a useless good for nothing that would amount to nothing in his life.

He named all his pubs after him as a right big 'up yours' .

If this is so, and please rediculle me if not, I now have a grudging respect for him,  

Still wouldn't drink in his manky pubs tho ....

But I am no longer as adamant about it. ..

12 hours ago, stocky said:

have read, from a couple of sources (now this could be an urban myth) that the reason they are all called Witherspoons is that he had a teacher at school called Mr Witherspoon, who told him he was a useless good for nothing that would amount to nothing in his life.

He named all his pubs after him as a right big 'up yours' .

I heard the same.