The news thread - Page 211 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

17 hours ago, dan cake said:

Watched Mr Bates tonight scandalous that it took a tv drama 10/12 years after the fact for anybody at the top to be held even remotely responsible, reminds me of Hillsborough loads of time in court but ultimately nobody in power will be found guilty of a criminal offence. A couple of early retirements and a gong returned at most I’d imagine 

My thoughts exactly.

Typical of the sheeple who inhabit this country too that it takes a TV drama starring that nice wee Toby Jones to wake them up to a scandal that first began over 20 years ago. The powers that be are panicking like fuck now because public opinion has turned against them.

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

Gladiator Jet (Diane Youdale) has married a rather unattractive woman she met in the supermarket (what a waste) and Sven Goran Eriksson has terminal cancer

f0428990-2165-11ee-bdd1-a998cdf8ed9d.png.98998b73aafd33547eb006e153f6321c.png

Jeezo...aye, she was the one everyone fancied too (Jet, not the unattractive supermarket wumin).

I'd heard Sven Goran Eriksson had cancer but I hadn't realised it was terminal. That's terrible news.

1 hour ago, Malcolm said:

Rumours of a cut in basic rate of tax to 18% by UK Government (not available to viewers in Scotland).

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha - and you pretend to be fairly intelligent

8 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

Tories ban public bodies from boycotting Israel whilst the International Court if Justice debates whether Israel is committing genocide. Not a good look for the UK.

BREAKING: Rishi Sunak is holding a full cabinet call at 7.45 this evening Ministers believe it’s about UK and US military strikes against the Houthis in Yemen Move has been heavily telegraphed by Grant Shapps and by senior figures in the US. It is thought UK aircraft and Navy ships could take part

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2024/jan/11/i-am-not-a-mafia-gangster-post-office-investigator-tells-horizon-inquiry

This guy's testimony reminded of the dodgy sheriff near the end of True Detective S1, "chain of command!". They must have known there were issues but could count on jobsworths like him to doggedly pursue the innocent regardless. Quite chilling. 

image.png.80d6f1cac47b2e09908eb574ef2ae5b7.png

49 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

BREAKING: Rishi Sunak is holding a full cabinet call at 7.45 this evening Ministers believe it’s about UK and US military strikes against the Houthis in Yemen Move has been heavily telegraphed by Grant Shapps and by senior figures in the US. It is thought UK aircraft and Navy ships could take part

Now confirmed

Iran must be the end game after all

54 minutes ago, StirlingEgg said:

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2024/jan/11/i-am-not-a-mafia-gangster-post-office-investigator-tells-horizon-inquiry

This guy's testimony reminded of the dodgy sheriff near the end of True Detective S1, "chain of command!". They must have known there were issues but could count on jobsworths like him to doggedly pursue the innocent regardless. Quite chilling. 

image.png.80d6f1cac47b2e09908eb574ef2ae5b7.png

Loads of people are more than willing to be utter cunts for a pat on the back and a few extra quid in their pockets, unfortunately he’ll have absolutely no problem sleeping at night. Hopefully karma comes a calling 

12 hours ago, dan cake said:

Loads of people are more than willing to be utter cunts for a pat on the back and a few extra quid in their pockets, unfortunately he’ll have absolutely no problem sleeping at night. Hopefully karma comes a calling 

It's easy to naively forget that at times. You'd like to think most people aren't inherently selfish/awful. It's just the part where he literally mentions his 1 to 1 when we're talking about persuading a barrister to take someone to trial. "I went above and beyond and got someone sent to prison then bankrupted" (not a direct quote). I know I probably state the obvious on here a lot but I can't quite get over this stuff. 

4 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Your the left version of malcolm with your constant hyperbole.

The dots after it mean it's not to be taken literally

(at the moment)

Gimp

Edited by Ally Bongo

10 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

Thats WW3 started ....

That'll be why he's (allegedly) picked 14 November for the election. He can have his electioneering war, get all patriotic around the 11th then we're all supposed to do our duty at the polls 🫡🇬🇧

The West is now involved in two proxy wars against military allies Russia and Iran

If that's not a bawhair away from WW3 i don't know what is

1 hour ago, Ally Bongo said:

The dots after it mean it's not to be taken literally

(at the moment)

Gimp

Only supposed to have three dots.  A fact I only learned about two years a go.  Called an ellipsis apparently.

17 minutes ago, Alibi said:

Only supposed to have three dots.  A fact I only learned about two years a go.  Called an ellipsis apparently.

Everyday is a school day

They should say that more than 3 dots means more is left out than usual ...

The Houthis can't be militarily compared to ISIS as Iran has equipped them with all sorts of shit so their response will be a quick indicator of what will follow 

1 minute ago, Ally Bongo said:

Everyday is a school day

The Houthis can't be militarily compared to ISIS as Iran has equipped them with all sorts of shit so their response will be a quick indicator of what will follow 

Who did ISIS get their equipment from?

5 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Who did ISIS get their equipment from?

Mainly from Iraq's stockpile - who had been armed by 34 different countries

6 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

Everyday is a school day

Not to be a khunt, but as you mention every day being a school day, "every day" is two different words (unless of course you're talking about an everyday occurrence). This misuse rips my knitting.