The news thread - Page 211 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Orraloon said:

£240 million (so far.....) and not a single passenger has gone to Rwanda, apart from  Suella and some of her hangers on. And unfortunately she came back.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-67656220

"But whataboottheferries"

 Three Home Secretaries have gone to Rwanda but there’s been zero refugees.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Orraloon said:

£240 million (so far.....) and not a single passenger has gone to Rwanda, apart from  Suella and some of her hangers on. And unfortunately she came back.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-67656220

"But whataboottheferries"

 A fair chunk of this will be money from Scottish taxpayers but they'll not be mention of it on the Scottish news or Scottish papers because it's Westminster not Holyrood squandering our cash.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

 A fair chunk of this will be money from Scottish taxpayers but they'll not be mention of it on the Scottish news or Scottish papers because it's Westminster not Holyrood squandering our cash.

And none of the media will ask even the most basic questions about the scheme. The Tories sole approach to immigration seems to be "Stop the boats, stop the boats, baby". But the actual impact on the numbers never seems to get discussed. The folk coming here on boats is just a drop in the ocean. Why do the media never ask questions about the numbers? It's not as if the numbers are a big secret, but they are never publicised.

Less than 10% of immigrants arrive here on "The Boats". The Rwanda scheme only covers "Asylum Seekers". Only about 80% of the boat people seek asylum when they get here. The most recent stats show that 75% of of asylum claims are granted leave to stay, at the initial decision making stage. Many of those that don't succeed at the initial stage, get granted leave to stay after an appeal. So, if these Rwanda flights ever get off the ground and the stats stay fairly similar, we will need to fly at least 75% of them back here again, if they ever get their asylum claims processed. The problem with the asylum system isn't he numbers coming, it's the way that the Tory government are deliberately slowing down the claims processing system. That means there are too many of them in the system for authorities to cope with. 

There is absolutely no evidence whatsoever that sending these people to Rwanda will have any impact on "Stopping the boats". It's all just a very expensive scam to try to get a few more votes.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Talking shite about football doesn’t seem so wasted when looking at this lot. 
my understanding of the whole Rwandan scheme was obviously for some people to make money. Those people including Priti Patel took on the Israeli contract that even they considered inhumane.

money into a few pockets. What’s a few hundred million when billions were robbed during covid ? Unless it’s they thieving foreigners and Scotland. 
Shane McGowan had more live coverage on the bbc of his funeral than I reckon he imagined. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ryan O'Neal passes away aged 82 after a battle with prostate cancer

He got some bad press in his days of stardom but i liked a lot of his movies

RIP

 

ryan.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

US vetoes Gaza ceasefire.

can anyone explained to me how that is possible or justifyiable?

what are these wallopers on that they think the world won’t out their fuckin’ nonsensical warmongering actions? Oh yeah, they are right, the UN, the world, the reasonable people will never be able to question this shit.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, ger intae them said:

US vetoes Gaza ceasefire.

can anyone explained to me how that is possible or justifyiable?

what are these wallopers on that they think the world won’t out their fuckin’ nonsensical warmongering actions? Oh yeah, they are right, the UN, the world, the reasonable people will never be able to question this shit.

And the "UK" abstains

VOTE In Favour: 13

Against: 1 (US)

Abstain: 1 (UK)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, ger intae them said:

US vetoes Gaza ceasefire.

can anyone explained to me how that is possible or justifyiable?

what are these wallopers on that they think the world won’t out their fuckin’ nonsensical warmongering actions? Oh yeah, they are right, the UN, the world, the reasonable people will never be able to question this shit.

 

6 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

And the "UK" abstains

VOTE In Favour: 13

Against: 1 (US)

Abstain: 1 (UK)

The ceasefire was also backed by 100 countries out with the UN. 

The UK is on the wrong side of this. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/8/2023 at 1:35 PM, Hertsscot said:

 A fair chunk of this will be money from Scottish taxpayers but they'll not be mention of it on the Scottish news or Scottish papers because it's Westminster not Holyrood squandering our cash.

I think a lot of folk up here seem to think the stuff that the UK govt says or does won't affect us. Whenever I hear anything from Sunak, Braverman, Jenrick or the Covid enquiry etc I wonder why independence support isn't at 75%. Then I remember how folk's perception can differ wildly. Pffft.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm loving the guy with a board standing behind Mark Francoise whilst he was being interviewed by Channel 4 News. 'Jesus Christ died for our sins. Repent.'

I'm not sure whether that message of owning and turning from our shortcomings is aimed at all of us or, as I'd like to think maybe specifically directed at one of the most obnoxious MPs in the current Government!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Actress Shirley Anne Field passes away aged 87

Top Totty in her day

Known  her roles in films such as Peeping Tom and Alfie plus umpteen Hammer Horrors 

shirley-anne-field-10-x-8-photograph-no-8.thumb.jpeg.f8cc4776fef8bc1da81c27ef63b9bc9c.jpeg

 

60f178e177cf6078534dd05f417ea466.jpg.eef040b296ac65d522d7a33b4a6462ff.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, phart said:

 

I'm wondering whether this recent self funded puff piece points towards Mone and Barrowman knowing that criminal charges are pending and are trying to get out in front of them.  Cant really think of any other reason.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/9/2023 at 1:54 PM, StirlingEgg said:

I think a lot of folk up here seem to think the stuff that the UK govt says or does won't affect us. Whenever I hear anything from Sunak, Braverman, Jenrick or the Covid enquiry etc I wonder why independence support isn't at 75%. Then I remember how folk's perception can differ wildly. Pffft.

Agreed. With declining newspaper sales a lot of Scottish based papers no longer have the finances to have dedicated Westminster correspondents. As a result there's more scrutiny of Holyrood and no analysis of the difficult context in which the devolved Governments have to work.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This Rwanda policy and win for the government sums up the level of uk politics. A policy due to send mebbies hundreds of the tens of thousands entering the uk illegally! That will sort it. 
this was only ever about smirky Patel and her fulfilling a promise to her Israeli paymasters . 
A million pound per asylum seeker! A good earner for friends of Israel. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The UK's most popular baby names of 2023 have been revealed.

Muhammad held onto the boy's top spot, while Olivia makes a triumphant return to number one in the girl's list.

86% of the UK population is white so what am i missing ?

Are Muslims having significantly more children than non muslims ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

The UK's most popular baby names of 2023 have been revealed.

Muhammad held onto the boy's top spot, while Olivia makes a triumphant return to number one in the girl's list.

86% of the UK population is white so what am i missing ?

Are Muslims having significantly more children than non muslims ?

I'd say it's more to do with Muhammed being an extremely popular name among the Muslim community. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...



×
×
  • Create New...