Serbia Next - Page 15 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Serbia Next

Caledonian Craig

Just now, bigfingers said:

Surely they can’t cancel the match. Scotland had players out in the last matches due to COVID. 

Not sure tbh, i am just guessing that the clubs are trying to stop their players from going on international duty which is kind of sensible given the mixing of different players on international duty. There is a reasonable argument for international football being scrapped right now. 

19 minutes ago, Bino's said:

What's this about seria a players being banned from traveling

Wild internet rumour just to give us some hope

Seen that, potentially affects...

Vlahovic - Fiorentina 

Milinkovic-Savic - Lazio

Milinkevic - Fiorentina 

Kolarov - Inter

Major good news story if true, these guys are among their best players. Hearing Mitrovic may be injured too.

Edited by Toepoke

Just now, Marky said:

I’ll probably be in a minority of one here,  but I’d take zero pleasure or pride from qualifying due to Serbia having to field a reserve side.

I’d rather beat their top side fair and square.

Yeh I think its a bit shitty to beat a reserve Serbia side to get to a tournament. 

4 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

Yeh I think its a bit shitty to beat a reserve Serbia side to get to a tournament. 

I’d be happy to beat Drumchaple under 9s reserves girls team if it meant we got to a tournament.

Doesn’t matter how you got there when you’re there. 

8 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

Why? Surely this could end up with international football being scrapped. Its a different situation than the Czech one where we played a reserve team. 

Fine, suspend it after the fixture Thursday

1 hour ago, Toepoke said:

I'd happily watch John McGinn nutmegging the exhumed corpse of Archduke Franz Ferdinand if it means we get to a finals.

Knowing our luck we'd only go and start World War Three and John McGinn would be "the man who fired the first shot".

Edited by ErsatzThistle

1 hour ago, Marky said:

I’ll probably be in a minority of one here,  but I’d take zero pleasure or pride from qualifying due to Serbia having to field a reserve side.

I’d rather beat their top side fair and square.

im kind of with you on that.  It’s hardly glorious to win when you are playing a depleted side 

1 minute ago, killiefaetheferry said:

I'm hearing that Malinkovic-Savic was already in Serbia, before the supposed rules came in.

Also reading that tweet it says that this stood at last international break and players still travelled and were reported to authorities so the players could very well still travel and join up with the squad against orders as Ronaldo did it at last international break.

3 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

im kind of with you on that.  It’s hardly glorious to win when you are playing a depleted side 

Granted it is not the way I'd want to do it but remember we had to plough on with players missing due to COVID at the last international break. Shit happens basically and you just have to make the best of it. It is not Scotland's fault.