Serbia Next - Page 16 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Serbia Next

Caledonian Craig

6 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

im kind of with you on that.  It’s hardly glorious to win when you are playing a depleted side 

Haven't you forgotten that depleted Czech side who at times were running rings around us and were extremely unlucky not to score three or four against us back in September ? Thankfully David Marshall was on top form.

7 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Haven't you forgotten that depleted Czech side who at times were running rings around us and were extremely unlucky not to score three or four against us back in September ? Thankfully David Marshall was on top form.

im not forgetting that.   We were lucky that night.

6 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

im not forgetting that.   We were lucky that night.

As I said it happens. It is like injuries but another form of them at this time. Sometimes it has struck us and others it has struck our opponents. We may yet be affected by it too before Thursday. Not our fault if we are lesser affected than Serbia.

4 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

As I said it happens. It is like injuries but another form of them at this time. Sometimes it has struck us and others it has struck our opponents. We may yet be affected by it too before Thursday. Not our fault if we are lesser affected than Serbia.

We fluffed a victory against a Georgia side fielding a 17 year old keeper and another player without a club

We can fuck up anything

But will also take any help, hopefully

3 minutes ago, Bino's said:

We fluffed a victory against a Georgia side fielding a 17 year old keeper and another player without a club

We can fuck up anything

But will also take any help, hopefully

Absolutely.

We've been on wrong ends of unfortunate injuries/suspensions that has screwed us and helped our opponents so I am not going to moan if this one falls in our favour - Serbia wouldn't so why should we?

I know this will be a hard game but the Serbian football people who are seemingly expecting a win as are their fans but anyone with a bit of football intelligence will look at our players and there will be doubts.

Robertson.liverpool cooper captain leeds. Mctominay man utd. Tierney arsenal. McGinn aston villa. Armstrong Southampton. Plus celtic and rangers players who are doing well in Europe. Is there any of there players at bigger clubs than some of those? The answer is no and everything is speculation and also what will make them worried. We are worrying them and that is facts.

42 minutes ago, gaz7 said:

I know this will be a hard game but the Serbian football people who are seemingly expecting a win as are their fans but anyone with a bit of football intelligence will look at our players and there will be doubts.

Robertson.liverpool cooper captain leeds. Mctominay man utd. Tierney arsenal. McGinn aston villa. Armstrong Southampton. Plus celtic and rangers players who are doing well in Europe. Is there any of there players at bigger clubs than some of those? The answer is no and everything is speculation and also what will make them worried. We are worrying them and that is facts.

Yikes. I applaud the optimism... But...

We also have players playing for Aberdeen, Motherwell, QPR and Derby.

Serbia have players who play for Real Madrid, Ajax, Eintracht Frankfurt, Marseille, Inter Milan, Porto, Werder Bremen, Fiorentina.

Per head, Serbia are stronger than Scotland.

Edited by Taylor1996

34 minutes ago, gaz7 said:

Do the Serbians expect an easy win?

They have a stronger squad than us but their form has been hit and miss and we are on a decent run. 

7 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

We so also have players playing for Aberdeen, Motherwell, QPR and Derby.

Serbia have players who play for Real Madrid, Ajax, Eintracht Frankfurt, Marseille, Inter Milan, Porto, Werder Bremen, Fiorentina.

The Scotland team that beat France at home had players such as Christian Dailly (West Ham), Graham Alexander (Preston), Steven Pressley & Paul Hartley (Hearts), Lee McCulloch & Gary Teale (Wigan).

It's been done before. It can be done again.

Just now, ErsatzThistle said:

The Scotland team that beat France at home had players such as Christian Dailly (West Ham), Graham Alexander (Preston), Steven Pressley & Paul Hartley (Hearts), Lee McCulloch & Gary Teale (Wigan).

It's been done before. It can be done again.

Yep.

I think we'll beat them. *knock on wood*

48 minutes ago, gaz7 said:

Also, with all due..

Celtic, Rangers, Villa are championship-mid table EPL teams.

13 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

Indeed they are stronger but Benfica are stronger than Rangers and a red card changed that and Czech Republic are stronger than Scotland and we have beaten them twice recently.

You just don’t know what can happen with injuries, COVID-19, sendings off etc. 

Serbia are favourites but I think it will be a close match. There’s a lot at stake. 

They are 100% favourites we are 4/1 to win. I am putting £25 on (ticket money refund ). Think 4/1 is crazy. Def should be underdogs though not that much.

Going to be a long nervous week. So excited and scared anything could happen. But more confident than I thought I'd be. I'm sure we'll be in the game all the way and will be close. Just who knows 

Edited by Jmcq

9 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

Indeed they are stronger but Benfica are stronger than Rangers and a red card changed that and Czech Republic are stronger than Scotland and we have beaten them twice recently.

You just don’t know what can happen with injuries, COVID-19, sendings off etc. 

Serbia are favourites but I think it will be a close match. There’s a lot at stake. 

Agreed. Anyone can beat anyone, on any given day. That's why the bookies are always the winner.

I have a strangely optimistic vibe going...

34 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

Yes totally agree with that and other than jovic who is sub at Madrid and kolarov old at inter all other teams are equivalent of villa and Southampton and rangers celtic. Arsenal.liverpool and man utd where our players are playing every week are huge clubs where they do not have .believe me they will be concerned

2 minutes ago, gaz7 said:

Yes totally agree with that and other than jovic who is sub at Madrid and kolarov old at inter all other teams are equivalent of villa and Southampton and rangers celtic. Arsenal.liverpool and man utd where our players are playing every week are huge clubs where they do not have .believe me they will be concerned

Hopefully they are concerned.

I like your optimism, though. It's nice to see some positive and constructive vibes here. :)

4 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

Hopefully they are concerned.

I like your optimism, though. It's nice to see some positive and constructive vibes here. :)

Generally optimistic although over last 20 years I've been kidding myself on but we now have players playing at top level. We do have some who are not though and that's a concern but this squad on paper is strongest in last 20 years. Off top of my head since 2000 only Barry Ferguson.darren fletcher.faddy Hutton. Davie weir would improve it I think

Wow this could be big...reported by Football Italia.

https://www.football-italia.net/161770/international-serie-players-banned-traveling

Would rule Kolarov, Milenkovic and Milinkovic-Savic out of the play offs.

If that happens can see Serbia appealing to get the game postponed until March but assume Uefa will tell them they'll have to put a team out like Czechs.

Edited by Tartan Chris