11? - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

11?

GaryWood34

Stats are crazy things but according to whoscored McTominay was by a mile the best Man U player.

95% pass rate

4 dribbles

3 tackles

2 interceptions

0 x dispossessed 

All that in 45 minutes.

So not worried about him, Mcginn, Armstrong, Marshall, Tierney, McGregor, Christie, Paterson, Dykes, Cooper or Porteous (despite the own goal)

Apart from Jack who didn't last 90 minutes every one else was either very poor or didn't play.

Oddly when I created the list I never expected to end up with 11 players and all of them in positions that create an 11

Marshall

Paterson                          Porteous               Copper                  Tierney

Armstrong                          McTominay                          McGregor                            Christie

McGinn

Dykes

We could do a lot worse than that starting 11

Obvious reasons why it won't happen

Marshall

Tierney   McKenna (if fit) Cooper Robertson

Jack           McTominay

Christie                    McGinn            Fraser

Dykes
Armstrong, Burke to come off bench. McBurnie or Shankland, too, if we’re chasing the game and go two up front.

Seems to be a lot of faith in Fraser considering he was poor for Bournemouth all  last season, he has done nothing yet for Newcastle and his commitment to Scotland has been in doubt for two or three years now.

He had one great season for Bournemouth, personally I would want more evidence that it wasn't just a flash in the pan.

5 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Seems to be a lot of faith in Fraser considering he was poor for Bournemouth all  last season, he has done nothing yet for Newcastle and his commitment to Scotland has been in doubt for two or three years now.

He had one great season for Bournemouth, personally I would want more evidence that it wasn't just a flash in the pan.

You have mcgregor in your starting 11, hes been pish for scotland

28 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

You have mcgregor in your starting 11, hes been pish for scotland

That starting 11 was based purely on the weekends form  and a certain ratings site

Earlier in the thread I posted the following 11

Marshall

Tierney      McKenna   Cooper         Robertson

McTominay    Gilmour 

Christie             McGinn                 Fraser

McBurnie 

So I had Fraser in too, but has he really done anything since the restart?

No McGregor there either but since the last Internationals he has played very well for Celtic. Not sure if the Celtic fans on here would agree but he seems to have found form again

Pity Alex Ferguson never took the job as having ability and playing pish  was not allowed

On 9/30/2020 at 11:27 AM, Kirk said:

It's fucking delightful haha

No harm to the guy but he is shite

Think  a tad harsh, always given his all but mostly hasn't really worked for him for Scotland.

Anyway team

Marshall 

No idea about RB  Cooper  Tierney Robertson

A relative abundance of riches but go for

McTominay McGregor

Christie McGinn Fraser

Big Lyndon

3 hours ago, Burj_Alba said:

Think  a tad harsh, always given his all but mostly hasn't really worked for him for Scotland.

Anyway team

Marshall 

No idea about RB  Cooper  Tierney Robertson

A relative abundance of riches but go for

McTominay McGregor

Christie McGinn Fraser

Big Lyndon

Hes shite for celtic too.

Also I would give my all, doesn't mean it's worth a fuck

21 hours ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Palmer did - nobody called Plamer. 😉

As usual with some people on here rather be the grammar and spelling police than talk about the actual post.

Palmer may have crossed for the goal but he did absolutely nothing else. He couldn't control the ball and just seemed to stand in the wrong place doing nothing. He didn't help the defence or create anything going forward one of the worst performances I have seen in a Scotland team and trust me I have seen a few. 

37 minutes ago, stitch said:

As usual with some people on here rather be the grammar and spelling police than talk about the actual post.

Palmer may have crossed for the goal but he did absolutely nothing else. He couldn't control the ball and just seemed to stand in the wrong place doing nothing. He didn't help the defence or create anything going forward one of the worst performances I have seen in a Scotland team and trust me I have seen a few. 

Seriously, on the matter in hand, that is a big enough thing to do - assist for the goal. And you are still trying to say he created nothing going forward which is hilarious considering he set up the goal.

On 9/30/2020 at 8:27 AM, Kirk said:

It's fucking delightful haha

No harm to the guy but he is shite

I have slagged forrest a fair bit over the years but he basically won us this play off and it's a shame he isn't getting to play a part in it. Guy always turns up for squads as well unlike half of our players. 

49 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

I have slagged forrest a fair bit over the years but he basically won us this play off and it's a shame he isn't getting to play a part in it. Guy always turns up for squads as well unlike half of our players. 

Agree with you.Forrest won us the chance to be in the play offs.If producing your club from for Scotland was the only criteria in getting selected,we would be lucky to have enough players to form a 5 aside team.Why pick on Forrest.As stated,he always makes himself available.One of two of the so called big names owe us a performance.A certain so called best left back in Europe for a start.

26 minutes ago, thesaint said:

Agree with you.Forrest won us the chance to be in the play offs.If producing your club from for Scotland was the only criteria in getting selected,we would be lucky to have enough players to form a 5 aside team.Why pick on Forrest.As stated,he always makes himself available.One of two of the so called big names owe us a performance.A certain so called best left back in Europe for a start.

Agree with you butttttt.....

Robertson plays in a better side if we are all being honest. He plays in a more attack-minded team with strikers with ability and attacking intent that sees them making runs into the penalty area. At present that just is not Scotland.

4 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Agree with you butttttt.....

Robertson plays in a better side if we are all being honest. He plays in a more attack-minded team with strikers with ability and attacking intent that sees them making runs into the penalty area. At present that just is not Scotland.

That has nothing to do with it. He was a very capable player at Dundee Utd and Hull who didn’t dominate possession. He’s been mince for Scotland recently and it’s nothing to do with his team mates. 

1 minute ago, er yir macaroon said:

That has nothing to do with it. He was a very capable player at Dundee Utd and Hull who didn’t dominate possession. He’s been mince for Scotland recently and it’s nothing to do with his team mates. 

We will have to agree to disagree. Now I am not saying his form has been dazzling of late for us but there again....who has? There is only so much a left-back can do in a match as it is not a position that fashions matches and play. If he were a central midfield creative player that would be different.