Gigs 2020 - Page 5 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Recommended Posts

20 hours ago, stocky said:

although the Charletons were on support, the biggest pile of shite I've ever seen at hampden..including the vogts, levein and burley years  

One of the best live bands I've seen. Possibly not best suited to a support slot at Hampden though.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

One of the best live bands I've seen. Possibly not best suited to a support slot at Hampden though.

 

They weren't giving any shits at all . At one point the lead singer was looking at his phone..

 

The crowd weren't interested either.

 

Wrong band for wrong crowd 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Was at Gerry Cinnamon last night and he absolutely killed it 👍

I also enjoyed the Vistas and Travis were brilliant. One of the best stadium gigs I’ve been at and I generally have found these a letdown 😎

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, slasher said:

Was at Gerry Cinnamon last night and he absolutely killed it 👍

I also enjoyed the Vistas and Travis were brilliant. One of the best stadium gigs I’ve been at and I generally have found these a letdown 😎

I hear you on stadium gigs.  I'm about to try and get tickets for Springsteen at Murrayfield and one of the worst gigs I've ever been to was there (Oasis).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

I'm about to try and get tickets for Springsteen at Murrayfield and one of the worst gigs I've ever been to was there (Oasis).

I'd much rather a smaller venue than a stadium or big indoor arena. Just looked at price of Springsteen tx. At the minute, it's I like him but not quite that much!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, slasher said:

Was at Gerry Cinnamon last night and he absolutely killed it 👍

I also enjoyed the Vistas and Travis were brilliant. One of the best stadium gigs I’ve been at and I generally have found these a letdown 😎

I got offered tickets for this but declined as it was a stadium gig. Granted , my only 2 previous musical Hampden experiences were George Michael and Take That so probably not a fair judgement  🙄

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Hertsscot said:

I'd much rather a smaller venue than a stadium or big indoor arena. Just looked at price of Springsteen tx. At the minute, it's I like him but not quite that much!

I was actually pleasantly surprised at the prices.  I'd heard that some of his European gigs started at €150 so was pleased to see they were "only"£90 for standing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

I was actually pleasantly surprised at the prices.  I'd heard that some of his European gigs started at €150 so was pleased to see they were "only"£90 for standing.

£90 is not too bad albeit it for standing. Are you some sort of pre general sale priority list?  The cheapest tickets I'd seen were about three times as much!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Hertsscot said:

£90 is not too bad albeit it for standing. Are you some sort of pre general sale priority list?  The cheapest tickets I'd seen were about three times as much!

I was on the O2 Priority presale.  I've noticed that Ticketmaster seem to be making it a lot harder to see the entry level prices and the default will be to show you Platinum tickets or hotel packages etc and it's a bit of a faff to get it display cheaper tickets.  It was the same when I was buying Paolo tickets the other day.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

I was on the O2 Priority presale.  I've noticed that Ticketmaster seem to be making it a lot harder to see the entry level prices and the default will be to show you Platinum tickets or hotel packages etc and it's a bit of a faff to get it display cheaper tickets.  It was the same when I was buying Paolo tickets the other day.

Cheers, as previously I like Springsteen but not sure I could justify £25-£350 for anyone!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Got my Springsteen tickets for Murrayfield and am also taking in Dublin and Copenhagen, as I'm convinced this'll be his last huge tour. Such a shame that by the time the gigs come round the gap since his last European tour will be 7 years - he'll have gone from age 66 to 73, which is a fair chunk of time to lose for someone who thrives on doing big live shows.

There used to be a big Springsteen following on the TAMB - do Stapes or deecee ever post these days?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, neilser said:

 

There used to be a big Springsteen following on the TAMB - do Stapes or deecee ever post these days?

Two faces you don't see on here very often these days. Maybe they have given up now that the glory days of the TAMB seem to have gone?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, neilser said:

Got my Springsteen tickets for Murrayfield and am also taking in Dublin and Copenhagen, as I'm convinced this'll be his last huge tour. Such a shame that by the time the gigs come round the gap since his last European tour will be 7 years - he'll have gone from age 66 to 73, which is a fair chunk of time to lose for someone who thrives on doing big live shows.

There used to be a big Springsteen following on the TAMB - do Stapes or deecee ever post these days?

Tickets now purchased.  Talking about aging stars, my wife and daughter have tickets for Elton John.  By the time they get round to seeing him it will be about four years since they bought the tickets.  He's not always looked in the best of health recently.  Fingers crossed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

Tickets now purchased.  Talking about aging stars, my wife and daughter have tickets for Elton John.  By the time they get round to seeing him it will be about four years since they bought the tickets.  He's not always looked in the best of health recently.  Fingers crossed.

I regret not going to see Elton when I was in Vegas a few years ago.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/19/2022 at 10:01 PM, Hertsscot said:

Cheers, as previously I like Springsteen but not sure I could justify £25-£350 for anyone!

I take it you meant £250-£350?

That does remind of me how much gig tickets have inflated though. I remember going to see David Bowie at the SECC in the 90s, decided at the last minute. Morrissey had been billed as special guest but he'd pulled out in the huff over something so they were offering a full refund. I turned up at the box office where there was a massive queue, but soon realised it was folk wanting their money back. There was an empty kiosk selling tickets next along, the woman seemed astonished "you actually want to buy a ticket?!!"

The reviewer in the Record the next day had also interviewed some of the people queuing for refunds, and the quote that's always stuck with me was "Bowie's ok but he's not worth 25 quid".

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...