Post a pic.. - Page 7 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

11 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

If we're talking of the same knob (fnarr) I always assumed it was for adjusting the angle/position of the mirror?  I've just bought a shiny new car so there's no chance I'll be taking it anywhere near Linwood for fear of it being stripped for parts before I've passed the Tweedie Hall.  Whilst in motion.

It does adjust the angle but it also has a superpower and really dims the headlights of the cars behind you. Its magic. Its a bit weird right enough, the headlights look like 2 wee eyes chasing you. 

I think the Tweedie Hall has gone now. They stole that as well. 

11 hours ago, shaggycoo said:

21st century, cars now fitted with electronic devices that do it for you 😊

Someone else mentioned that but I have a 2014 mini cooper and honestly , the glare was really terrible before this knob was mentioned to me. If it is an automatic thing I dont think mine can be working. 

9 hours ago, in5omniac said:

I thought there was a bit of Richard Herring about it myself.

I had to check who that was. Wish I hadnt bothered , its no very flattering. You would think with similarities to so many comedians I may have inherited some of their talent 😕

Ach well, at least I make Ramy laugh. 

5 hours ago, dandydunn said:

👍🏽

Dont have a first game photo, but a progress one that’s due to be added to this year. 

2014 and 2017 so far

DB5063A6-672A-4F00-A3BF-62184CD525BB.jpeg

Nice mate. Good for him to have when he gets even older.

Couple of firsts coming up in March too, first away game at St Johnstone on Sunday and first Scotland game v Israel. He's been counting down the latter virtually every day since I said he could come. Can't wait.

11 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

I think the Tweedie Hall has gone now. They stole that as well. 

I've not been in Linwood for a long time but I think the original Tweedie was knocked down to make way for the big Tesco and they've renamed another, newer, building as the Tweedie Hall.  I lived in the place for 1/4 of a century and I've no idea who this Tweedie fella is!

16 hours ago, Terry Munro said:

Trying to work out where this was taken from, Port Dundas area?

The late Oscar Marzaroli took that pic from Park Circus in the West End at some point during the 1960s.

The view from that spot has changed a bit since then.

Edited by ErsatzThistle

9 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

I've not been in Linwood for a long time but I think the original Tweedie was knocked down to make way for the big Tesco and they've renamed another, newer, building as the Tweedie Hall.  I lived in the place for 1/4 of a century and I've no idea who this Tweedie fella is!

My first ‘job’ was in the Tweedie hall. My pals mum worked there and needed waitresses to serve the food at a function one evening. She asked us to help out as it was last minute. I was still at school, the only catering experience I had was being the soup monitor at school dinners.

I was really nervous and dropped a full plate of food over one of the guests. Was never asked back.

I live about 3 miles away now. Yes, Tesco has been built there but I didnt realise they rebuilt the hall. Wonder if they are looking for waitresses 🤔 

17 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

My first ‘job’ was in the Tweedie hall. My pals mum worked there and needed waitresses to serve the food at a function one evening. She asked us to help out as it was last minute. I was still at school, the only catering experience I had was being the soup monitor at school dinners.

I was really nervous and dropped a full plate of food over one of the guests. Was never asked back.

I live about 3 miles away now. Yes, Tesco has been built there but I didnt realise they rebuilt the hall. Wonder if they are looking for waitresses 🤔 

That’s bizzare, I have an almost identical story. My mates Dad was in a Bowling Club or something and they had a Burns Supper there. He got us all to serve the food, also still in school, and I tipped a full plate of haggis and the works over not one but two punters!! 

13 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

That’s bizzare, I have an almost identical story. My mates Dad was in a Bowling Club or something and they had a Burns Supper there. He got us all to serve the food, also still in school, and I tipped a full plate of haggis and the works over not one but two punters!! 

Bloody child exploitation. Do you think its too late to claim compo ?