Coronavirus - Page 391 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Coronavirus

4 hours ago, aaid said:

Gove and JRM putting the boot in tonight with some Branch Manager type chat.

Manna from Heaven for the Yessers this stuff 

Ross is a "lightweight figure" according to JRM!  🤣

Very disrespectful but Ross won't care, and neither will most Tories up here. They love the deference to the big, grown-up parliament down south. They know their place.

YouGov have released a poll showing Labour with a 10 point lead, 38% to 28%. 

Based on the 2019 Westminster boundaries Electoral Calculous indicates that would result in a 4 seat majority for Labour.  That's the largest Labour poll lead since 2013!

2 hours ago, chaff said:

8 hours ago, scotlad said:

Very disrespectful but Ross won't care, and neither will most Tories up here. They love the deference to the big, grown-up parliament down south. They know their place.

How low in self confidence must people be to be governed by that shower of shite.

the worst thing that can happen for independence right now is that boris steps down. Labour doing well in the polls down south will muddy the waters slightly. How this effects things in scotland, i have no idea. the northeast will still be a snp/tory fight, however i can see labour coming back in the central belt. Theres nea cunt worth voting for

19 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

the worst thing that can happen for independence right now is that boris steps down. Labour doing well in the polls down south will muddy the waters slightly. How this effects things in scotland, i have no idea. the northeast will still be a snp/tory fight, however i can see labour coming back in the central belt. Theres nea cunt worth voting for

It's certainly true that the only consistent period of polling in favour of independence has come during his tenure but even that has now seems to have dissipated.

8 minutes ago, scotlad said:

It's certainly true that the only consistent period of polling in favour of independence has come during his tenure but even that has now seems to have dissipated.

oh man, i know i keep bringing up yesterdays man in salmond but could you imagine the polling had he still been in charge, it would be game, set and match

47 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

Replace Boris with Mogg or Gove and Scotland would be en route to indpendence

15 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

oh man, i know i keep bringing up yesterdays man in salmond but could you imagine the polling had he still been in charge, it would be game, set and match

FFS He was in charge in 2014 and we lost the IndyRef. Wake up and smell the coffee not Salmond's arse that you keep sniffing around.

And you said something very interesting earlier 'Theres nea cunt worth voting for' so you see even you are discounting Salmond's Alba Party.

9 hours ago, scotlad said:

The Tory infighting is glorious to behold.

In recent weeks and months there have been whispers about the Scottish Tories breaking away from the Westminster-branch Tories. This latest fall-out may progress those whispers now into something more. And the Scottish Tories who staunchly support their precious union then how does JRM's comments make you feel about this wonderful union of yours now. It seems clear to me as another sign of Tories seeing Scotland as the shit on their shoes.. That won't change even if Johnson goes but I doubt those Scottish Tories will ever see or accept that.

10 hours ago, scotlad said:

YouGov have released a poll showing Labour with a 10 point lead, 38% to 28%. 

Based on the 2019 Westminster boundaries Electoral Calculous indicates that would result in a 4 seat majority for Labour.  That's the largest Labour poll lead since 2013!

Lovely stuff. 

I'd prefer it was tighter though so they had to come up here cap in hand. 

Edited by Squirrelhumper

7 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

This guy seems mentally unwell. 

There are many like him, I have switched of some group notifications because there are some very well educated people constantly moaning about sturgeon at every opportunity