Coronavirus - Page 288 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Coronavirus

A lot of activity happening with surge vaccinations etc, this new variant really stirring things up.

2 doses of vaccine seems to be effective against it though.

I guess the hoarding of the vaccines is over as they start a race to get it into arms.

2 hours ago, phart said:

A lot of activity happening with surge vaccinations etc, this new variant really stirring things up.

2 doses of vaccine seems to be effective against it though.

I guess the hoarding of the vaccines is over as they start a race to get it into arms.

There was a guy who I think was from JCVI on Sky today saying surge Vaccination wasnā€™t a good idea.Ā 

29 minutes ago, Lamia said:

He is a GP effectively. He doesn't seem to have an independent thought in his head

You don't think a GP has enough qualifications to be CMO? That's interesting. What qualifications do you think a CMO should have?

49 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

You don't think a GP has enough qualifications to be CMO? That's interesting. What qualifications do you think a CMO should have?

Having an independent thought would be a start.Ā 

58 minutes ago, Lamia said:

But never mind we have a self promoting dentist toĀ give him a hand - always handy in a global pandemic.

Tbf that's like calling Sean Connery a milkman.

Jason Leitch is extremely well qualified on matters of public health. Yes, he does like the sound of his own voice, but I don't mind him. He is good at explaining thingsĀ in layman's terms.

Ā 

1 hour ago, Toepoke said:

Tbf that's like calling Sean Connery a milkman.

Jason Leitch is extremely well qualified on matters of public health. Yes, he does like the sound of his own voice, but I don't mind him. He is good at explaining thingsĀ in layman's terms.

Ā 

Ever since he said it was fine to go to the Stereophonics gig I haven't bothered to listen to him. And that was just the start it....

He might be more than a dentist but he is no expert on virology or epidemiologyĀ and neither is Gregor Smith. Yes they don't need to be qualified in that field but simply parroting similar non-experts down southĀ isn'tĀ Ā the best plan.

17 minutes ago, phart said:

singing and shouting in an enclosed space as well

Surely cabin crew could have a case against their employer in terms of Health and Safety compliance.Ā 

44 minutes ago, Lamia said:

When did social distancing on planes end?

Ā 

Ā 

When did it start?

Just after lockdown 1 I had 3 relations come down to visit when things were looking good,all three said the planes were packed. No spare seats like they were expecting, every seat filled.

Ā 

1 hour ago, Lamia said:

Ever since he said it was fine to go to the Stereophonics gig I haven't bothered to listen to him. And that was just the start it....

He might be more than a dentist but he is no expert on virology or epidemiologyĀ and neither is Gregor Smith. Yes they don't need to be qualified in that field but simply parroting similar non-experts down southĀ isn'tĀ Ā the best plan.

He is a dentist and no more, he has absolutely no expertise in infectious diseases.

I remember his smug appearance on GMB and his tussle with Piers Morgan about the seriousness of the virus. When he said in that interview that it was perfectly safe to go to concerts and that he was going to visit his parents later on because there was no risk, my jaw nearly hit the floor. I'm not an expert in infectious diseases either but anyone who was paying any attention to what was going on in other parts of the world and what some of the scientists were saying about this virus KNEW that that wasn't true. The fact that he said it all with such confidence as well just made my blood boil. People trusted him as someone who knew what he was talking about and his advice probably ended up resulting in a lot of people dying. As far as I am concerned he is culpable for those peoples lives.

He then spent the majority of the summer telling the public that there was currently no evidence that masks have any affect on the level of transmission. I honestly thought I was losing my mind listening to his absolute shite as a representative of the Scottish government.

Ā 

Ā 

Edited by Freeedom

16 hours ago, Lamia said:

When did social distancing on planes end ?

I have been flying pretty much weekly since last july and it was never a option - fair enough when the planes were half full they would make the effort but as flights schedules got less and less planes gotĀ Ā fuller and fuller . HEPA filtration was also mentionedĀ 

2 hours ago, Newryrep said:

I have been flying pretty much weekly since last july and it was never a option - fair enough when the planes were half full they would make the effort but as flights schedules got less and less planes gotĀ Ā fuller and fuller . HEPA filtration was also mentionedĀ 

So why is this the only place which is exempt (apart from some workplaces)?

Edited by Lamia

55 minutes ago, AlfieMoon said:

Is there anything enforced on any other forms of transport?Ā 

On the trains , coaches and buses I have been on in England and Scotland the last year there has been . Seems to me flights have always been treated exceptionally.Ā 

20 hours ago, Shaundy said:

On the trains , coaches and buses I have been on in England and Scotland the last year there has been . Seems to me flights have always been treated exceptionally.Ā 

I havenā€™t been on public transport but I know people who have and have seen trains and busses pass me by and they definitely have been very spaced out. That might not be because of enforcement but it certainly looks a lot better than that flight. No way I would be sitting right next to someone.Ā 

1 hour ago, Lamia said:

I havenā€™t been on public transport but I know people who have and have seen trains and busses pass me by and they definitely have been very spaced out. That might not be because of enforcement but it certainly looks a lot better than that flight. No way I would be sitting right next to someone.Ā 

I've been on a few trains and I have to say, everyone of them has been absolutely spotless. šŸ˜‚ A world apart from some of the filthy shit you normally have to endure.Ā 

One of very few COVID benefits;Ā clean trains šŸ‘