Coronavirus - Page 286 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Coronavirus

17 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

That's me booked now for my first jag. Pfizer, next Thursday..  Second jag in September. Funny story. My wife booked the appt, she said the one in sept is 245pm, I said, there might be football on at that time.  A long pause, as she just rang me, She was not impressed..🤣🤣

When I got my appointment for my first jag, it was a phone call.  They asked me if I could be there at 2.45 on the Saturday afternoon. obviously problematic, but I managed to get them to give me an appointment on the Sunday instead.

3 hours ago, Orraloon said:

No concrete info. Just speaking to somebody who I thought was in the know. Starting to think it might be nonsense? If you get to 9 weeks and you haven't got a letter yet, you should get in touch with them through the NHS inform website.

oh really? I got mine 10 weeks tomorrow maybe i should give them a shout. Monday.

Just looked at the info and it still states

Please wait for us to contact you with an appointment for your 2nd dose.  Letters can be sent very close to the appointment date.

Edited by phart

28 minutes ago, phart said:

oh really? I got mine 10 weeks tomorrow maybe i should give them a shout. Monday.

Please wait for us to contact you with an appointment for your 2nd dose.  Letters can be sent very close to the appointment date.

Yes I'd wait. Wife got her blue envelope in on Wednesday to go next Tuesday for her 2nd. That'll be just under 11 weeks since her 1st jag. 

1 hour ago, phart said:

if you are worried, phone the helpline. they will be able to tell you the appointment details for your second jag straight away 

3 hours ago, phart said:

1 hour ago, tartandon said:

if you are worried, phone the helpline. they will be able to tell you the appointment details for your second jag straight away 

I agree with this, phart. Give them a phone. Your area is one of the places which has had most missing letters.

2 hours ago, Orraloon said:

I agree with this, phart. Give them a phone. Your area is one of the places which has had most missing letters.

Not worried yet if i don't get it by this time next week will give them a phone.

1 hour ago, AlfieMoon said:

If your letter or any of your documentation has a username (?) then you can register here to see if your 2nd appointment is scheduled yet: 

https://vacs.nhs.scot/csp

The in-laws got their appointment on there before they received their 2nd letter in the post. 

This worked once i registered 13 weeks and 3 days between my shots it seems.

Explains why no letter then haha

Edited by phart

7 minutes ago, phart said:

This worked once i registered 13 weeks and 3 days between my shots it seems

Seems a strange gap. 
How long away from the 2nd shot date are you now? 

It’ll be 7 weeks on Monday since I got my first. Not got a 2nd date on the website yet. 

The nurse said it would be 8-10 weeks when I was getting the first one. 

Edited by AlfieMoon

2 minutes ago, AlfieMoon said:

Seems a strange gap. 
How long away from the 2nd shot date are you now? 

It’ll be 7 weeks on Monday since I got my first. Not got a 2nd date yet on the website yet.

The nurse said it would be 8-10 weeks when I was getting the first one. 

I'm 25 days away

I got my first shot 6th march and second one is 8th June.

Edited by phart

49 minutes ago, phart said:

From my letter for first jag.

this must be a relatively new thing.

when we got the letter for our first jags in late Jan/early Feb, it just had the date, time and location of the appointment.

It's good to see they are improving things as they go along

Edited by tartandon

6 hours ago, phart said:

We were told to chase it up if you hadn't heard by 10 weeks. 

59 minutes ago, tartandon said:

this must be a relatively new thing.

when we got the letter for our first jags in late Jan/early Feb, it just had the date, time and location of the appointment.

It's good to see they are improving things as they go along

I got my letter in late February

23 hours ago, Morrisandmoo said:

Scotland's policies have largely replicated England's for most of the pandemic - just a couple of weeks later. Nothing has changed in the respect. The majority of differences are in style, not substance. 

This is utter nonsense.