Warning: Caution On Ssc Membership - Page 4 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Warning: Caution On Ssc Membership

Scott68

To be honest, almost every dealing I have had with the SSC (formerly STC) has been fine and handled well and quite efficiently. The original poster of this thread has been dealt with very poorly though. I preferred the STC days (bring back Marjorie!). Our lot have had a few pick ups over the years, never a major hassle (except Moldova or Georgia away as had serious trouble to find the sodding pick up place! and Dublin for one game as stood in an unnecessary queue for well over an hour). I do however have a serious beef with the SFA strategy to milk the fans dry of cash. The SFA is going to kill the goose that lays those golden eggs for it. They have already done for the Georgia game... many empty spaces at Ibrox. Congrats SFA - why? It would be hilarious if they were unable to sell out the Celtic Park game against England. That would be a shot in the eye for the commercial manager idiot who seems to think we are there for the taking! End Westminster rule. End SFA greed!

The SSC used to have excellent customer service because everyone was dealt with in a more personal way. Everyone speaks highly of Marjorie (STC) and Alison Jack, who I have personally spoken to.

I have never heard Anne Marie Bannon spoken about with the same affection. Only ever heard stories like the one above where members are treated with ruthless efficiency and everyone is made to feel like just a number.

I certainly will not be attending the England or Gibraltar games and as said earlier my membership will not be renewed.

If the games for this campaign are much lower attendances than previous it will confirm the complete failure of the SFA's pricing policy. When there are tons of empty seats and a lack of atmosphere when there was a feel good factor approaching this campaign it really makes you angry that we have such buffoons running things.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The rules state you can't pass or sell on match tickets regardless. I know plenty do.

Fair enough it takes a matter of minutes to post a thread for the stuff. But there's your time checking it, answering questions and making arrangements to change flight details etc.

I'm honestly not having a go at you, but you could've used 30 minutes to go to a post office or something. I don't know.

Compassion should've been showed by the SSC, and the previous regime would have probably done so.

The main thing is I hope you and your family are on the up and I hope you aren't put off attending future matches.

I actually agree with you that seeing as he had time to sell the trip and tickets on here then surely returning the ticket to ssc is similar. Of course the ssc showed their robotic nature in the manner they dealt with the situation.

Then I read a thread in the poland section which is you looking for a ticket for the poland game "preferably in the Scotland end" surely this is pretty hypocritical and you condoning the actions you have just criticised?

Then I read a thread in the poland section which is you looking for a ticket for the poland game "preferably in the Scotland end" surely this is pretty hypocritical and you condoning the actions you have just criticised?

Sorry. My attempt at humour with the thread :lol:

I can't believe they can assume you're the culprit based on your DOB only. That kind of evidence/logic would never stand up on any court

Mine was about a problem I had with tickets. I put the details of the call on here and used a derogatory phrase to describe the unhelpful attitude. Was pretty easy to work out who it was.

it should be a case of you pay for membership of the Ssc which gives you the chance of buying a ticket.You buy that ticket so you should be able to do what the hell you want with it.If you don't go and get asked for proof of travel but dont have any then no point awarded. Its just pish that you spend money on a ticket but they expect you to hand it back if you cant go but are not so quick in refunding you. Im on 17 points now but don't go to many games :whistling:

During the #SFARipOff saga i took the pish out the SSC twitter account and pointed out how their attitude towards Scotland fans who objected to huge price increases was a disgrace.

They then linked my twitter handle to my email and tried to phone me, however my phone number on SSC records was my old number. They then phoned my brother (SSC accounts are linked) and tried to give him a row for my comments.

When i discovered this i tried to get in touch with the SSC who promised to phone me back but never did. They're a joke, trying to intimidate people in to stopping criticising them but crapping it when that person stands up to them,

During the #SFARipOff saga i took the pish out the SSC twitter account and pointed out how their attitude towards Scotland fans who objected to huge price increases was a disgrace.

They then linked my twitter handle to my email and tried to phone me, however my phone number on SSC records was my old number. They then phoned my brother (SSC accounts are linked) and tried to give him a row for my comments.

When i discovered this i tried to get in touch with the SSC who promised to phone me back but never did. They're a joke, trying to intimidate people in to stopping criticising them but crapping it when that person stands up to them,

exactly.disgrace.

A friend of mine wrote a letter of complaint a few years ago to the Ssc complaining about the organisation of ticket collection at one away game. He got a 1 year ban from the Ssc for his trouble.

There is a reason they won't employ SSC members and instead go for those who don't actually like Scotland that much...Broadfoot, Shorthouse, Regan. More chance of Darling getting a job at the SSC than a regular poster on here.

The last SSC member to be employed by the SFA was David Taylor afaik........

Everyone's bought tickets through their membership for someone else at some point or another, it's simply what folk do.

It'll never change but me the prices have, £42 for Ireland game and £50 for England game. Poland away on top of that and Georgia at home in space of a month, the peoples game my arse. Only racking up the points so i can get a ticket for France if we qualify, if we don't i'll not be renewing again. I'll just get pals to get me a ticket :wink2:

Don't think the original poster should get the point for a game he didn't attend but the warning against he and his son's membership is harsh in the extreme and very heartless of the SSC to punish them given the circumstances.

I have to agree with the posts mentioning Marjory Nimmo who ran the old Scotland Travel Club . She was a total gem of a woman who always used common sense to deal with difficult situations . I have also found the present squad at the SSC to be pretty helpful ,but I think that punishing a guy who's mother has just died is a bit over the top and should never have reached the pages of this message board .

It's right that no 'point' was given. If the SSC were aware of the circumstances (i.e. a bereavement and funeral) they should probably have left it at that. It reads as if they are trying to be tough and make an example of the OP when anyone with a bit of common sense and judgement would see that this was inappropriate in this case. If they really are trawling internet message boards to seek out derogatory comments (as opposed to checking if members are selling on SSC tickets) and issuing threatening e-mails on the back of it they should be ashamed of themselves, and someone with at least a degree of competence and seniority should put a stop to it.

Edited by Pool Q

I have to agree with the posts mentioning Marjory Nimmo who ran the old Scotland Travel Club . She was a total gem of a woman who always used common sense to deal with difficult situations . I have also found the present squad at the SSC to be pretty helpful ,but I think that punishing a guy who's mother has just died is a bit over the top and should never have reached the pages of this message board .

He's hardly being punished! All that has happened is that he has (rightly) not been given a point. No one should be handing on tickets anyway, so the warning doesnt have much effect, unless the guy has a habit of flogging on tickets, which I do not believe he does.

As much as I sympathise with OP, this matter should have been conducted privately between the 2 parties.

Slagging off the ssc/sfa on message boards isn't the right way to go. Also selling away end tickets on this board is probably the worst place to advertise that you aren't going to a game regardless of the reasons.

I bought England tickets with my membership for somebody else to save them a fiver via the public sale (I am not willing to pay that price but they were)

Am I naughty? :D

Is it against the rules for home games? I think the SFA will just be happy they have sold another ticket.