Season 19/20 - Page 116 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

5 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Oh aye. Really shown with the complete domination of european football after 1967 🤔

What are you on about now. Ok then DD. Abeedeen is a more successful football club than Celtic and their European Cup Winners Cup is a bigger achievement. Now give me peace ffs.. 

4 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

What are you on about now. Ok then DD. Abeedeen is a more successful football club than Celtic and their European Cup Winners Cup is a bigger achievement. Now give me peace ffs.. 

You stated the Lisbon Lions would tear them apart, they clearly couldn’t as they were not able to defend their trophy, or win another one. 

Aberdeen have 2 European honours to their name. 

There is no debate whatsoever that Aberdeen are the most successful team in Scottish history in the context of european achievements. 

We have won as much in Europe as the rest of the entire country combined. 

You’re finally starting to see sense, it’s taken a while and I don't expect it to last, but it’s a start at least. 

10 hours ago, dandydunn said:

You stated the Lisbon Lions would tear them apart, they clearly couldn’t as they were not able to defend their trophy, or win another one. 

Aberdeen have 2 European honours to their name. 

There is no debate whatsoever that Aberdeen are the most successful team in Scottish history in the context of european achievements. 

We have won as much in Europe as the rest of the entire country combined. 

You’re finally starting to see sense, it’s taken a while and I don't expect it to last, but it’s a start at least. 

Children children.  All you needed to do was check Google for the most successful football side in world history.  If you google it, it comes up with "are you havin a laugh?  It's The Rangers ya prick."  Now hurry along kids.

8 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

What’s the consensus on Griffiths booking?

Meltdown between both sides on my WhatsApp group on if it was a sending off.

Watched the highlights a few times and still can’t tell if he meant it or not. 

As a Celtic fan, it's the type of thing I'd be demanding Morelos get sent off for. As Griffiths is a bit of a bam then I'm willing to accept he was probably at it. Depends what the laws call for in terms of the whole brutality/excessive force thing.

37 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

What’s the consensus on Griffiths booking?

Meltdown between both sides on my WhatsApp group on if it was a sending off.

Watched the highlights a few times and still can’t tell if he meant it or not. 

It’s a definite red.

Think the booking was for the pushing and shoving that followed, so could be given a retrospective ban. Depends what SFA decide.

1 hour ago, Tartan_McCole said:

As a Celtic fan, it's the type of thing I'd be demanding Morelos get sent off for. As Griffiths is a bit of a bam then I'm willing to accept he was probably at it. Depends what the laws call for in terms of the whole brutality/excessive force thing.

A fair assessment. It looked clumsy in real time and very poor when watched in slo-mo replays. Ref only had the benefit of the first look at it.