This weekends matches 2018/2019 - Page 21 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This weekends matches 2018/2019

5 hours ago, RDFH64 said:

Aye that was the Brown one, horrendous tackle, 2017’s recent enough & it started the rescinds fiasco.

I’m not sure how much they consider context, but in that instance Brown was after retribution for an earlier challenge and set out to “do” the boy.

Added to that it was a frivolous appeal to allow him to play an Old firm game as appeal couldn’t be heard until after. I don’t even think he expected to win. It was the definition of abusing the appeals system and he actually won the appeal.

:lol:

Some of the ones Rangers have had in their favour recently have been jaw dropping though. 

10 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

I’m not sure how much they consider context, but in that instance Brown was after retribution for an earlier challenge and set out to “do” the boy.

Added to that it was a frivolous appeal to allow him to play an Old firm game as appeal couldn’t be heard until after. I don’t even think he expected to win. It was the definition of abusing the appeals system and he actually won the appeal.

:lol:

Some of the ones Rangers have had in their favour recently have been jaw dropping though. 

Can't remember the Brown one but the Morellos one is embarrassing. It's a red every day of the week. 

Essentially the red the week later for McRorie was a mistimed tackle and as he was the last man fair enough. 

Would he just have got a yellow if he booted the St Mirren striker on the bum instead? 

Just plain idiocy. 

As for McGregor, it's the 3 ex refs that looked at it and didn't get to a unanimous decision. Not the appeals process. Considering the quality of our refs is anyone actually surprised? 

50 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

You are wrong that it was retribution for an earlier challenge - it was red mist immediately after Alex Schalk's outrageous dive was deemed to be a penalty by the referee and it brought Ross County an equaliser.

Although how the appeal was allowed to stand should be the subject of an inquiry. As you say, I don't think Brown or Rodgers thought there was a hope of it succeeding.

6 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

You are wrong that it was retribution for an earlier challenge - it was red mist immediately after Alex Schalk's outrageous dive was deemed to be a penalty by the referee and it brought Ross County an equaliser.

Although how the appeal was allowed to stand should be the subject of an inquiry. As you say, I don't think Brown or Rodgers thought there was a hope of it succeeding.

You might be right, but I thought there was a tackle maybe 20 seconds before that as well.

7 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Sorry Scotty, I'm not getting the reference. 

Admittedly I'm knackered and struggling to remember my name tonight. 😀 

I think he means they were out to make an example of someone. So Aberdeen literally and figuratively paid for it by paying for an unsuccessful appeal.

Sevco felt hard done by with the red to More-less.

They feel that they were robbed of three points because of it.

The wrongful down-grading to a yellow only deepens this belief.

Sevco feel that they are out three points, so to even that up Aberdeen have to get a 'similar' early red and hopefully no points.(which is what happened).

An appeal was all but pointless.

17 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

Sevco felt hard done by with the red to More-less.

They feel that they were robbed of three points because of it.

The wrongful down-grading to a yellow only deepens this belief.

Sevco feel that they are out three points, so to even that up Aberdeen have to get a 'similar' early red and hopefully no points.(which is what happened).

An appeal was all but pointless.

I get it now. Only you could come up with such an impressive conspiracy theory. 

If the SFA or SPFL were even remotely that well organised our national game wouldn't be in such a terrible state. 

I don't think they are corrupt. Just useless. 

St Mirren 0 Celtic 0 half time.

Good performance from Saints so far, probably just edged it better side.

Celtic down to 10 men, Ntcham sent off, he could easily have been sent off earlier.

Saints looking a different side under the new manager, trying not to get too carried away here.

COYS

22 minutes ago, Jersey Jim said:

St Mirren 0 Celtic 0 half time.

Good performance from Saints so far, probably just edged it better side.

Celtic down to 10 men, Ntcham sent off, he could easily have been sent off earlier.

Saints looking a different side under the new manager, trying not to get too carried away here.

COYS

Been listening to the game and Saints had the best of the first half. Just need to score now. 

Ntcham could have had 4 yellow cards. Its like he had a bet on himself to get sent off.