Scottish Players in Action 18/19 - Page 14 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Players in Action 18/19

PASTA Mick

9 minutes ago, stocky said:

I remember only Faddy and D.Fletcher were appearing in the EPL. {Faddy only ocasionally) 

We now have 

Fraser, Mc Tominely, Armstromg, Cairney,. Snodgrass, Paterson, Robertson all playing 

Things are looking up.

The squad when we won in Paris had Gordon, McEveley, Anderson, Fletcher, Pearson, Teale, McFadden, Maloney and O'Connor all playing in the English Premier.

7 hours ago, PASTA Mick said:

Tony Watt getting a couple of goals today. He's started the season well. 

He could score 30 this season and playing for Saints I think we all know his chances of a Scotland call would be zilch. 😄

12 hours ago, stocky said:

I remember only Faddy and D.Fletcher were appearing in the EPL. {Faddy only ocasionally) 

We now have 

Fraser, Mc Tominely, Armstromg, Cairney,. Snodgrass, Paterson, Robertson all playing 

Things are looking up.

Not forgetting McCarthur, Ritchie,,  and McDonald too

Edited by GHfaeGTA

13 hours ago, stocky said:

We now have 

Things are looking up.

I'm not sure it was ever that bad. I'm pretty sure we also had Naysmith, Dailly, Weir, Hutchinson and Dickov playing in the top league around that same time.

I'm not sure what season you are refering to but I am fairly sure Gordon, Alexander, Hutton, Caldwell, Quashie, Holt, Hughes, Cameron, Teale, Morrison, McCann, McCulloch, Miller, Kyle and Maloney all played in the top flight at some point when McFadden was at Everton or Birmingham. 

I appreciate it's not the greatest list but I'm not sure the current crop are significantly better. 

9 minutes ago, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

He was born in the ivory coast, moved to London, then moved to Govan aged 8, so he qualifies for us and IC (five years schooling)

Just read up on him.

Seems him and Jason Cummings are running the show as they top league 1.

It is league 1 though.... 

5 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

Just read up on him.

Seems him and Jason Cummings are running the show as they top league 1.

It is league 1 though.... 

They both have started well, will be interesting to see if sikiri could play at a higher level as he is only 21, also might encourage his younger brother to pick us if he is in our national team squad.

37 minutes ago, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

He was born in the ivory coast, moved to London, then moved to Govan aged 8, so he qualifies for us and IC (five years schooling)

20 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

They both have started well, will be interesting to see if sikiri could play at a higher level as he is only 21, also might encourage his younger brother to pick us if he is in our national team squad.

Indeed! As I said I only saw brief highlights of yesterday's game but I hope someone has him on the radar. 

6 hours ago, romanticscot said:

Jordan Rhodes gets another goal for Norwich. 2 goals in 3 appearances thus far. 

McNulty not off the mark yet.

I’d like to see Rhodes back in the squad, he’s a decent option. Looked very low on confidence last couple of seasons but he’s had a good start this time round.

7 minutes ago, Rab The Crab said:

I’d like to see Rhodes back in the squad, he’s a decent option. Looked very low on confidence last couple of seasons but he’s had a good start this time round.

When on form he's probably our second best striking option behind Griffith's. He should definitely be in the squad if he continues scoring for Norwich.

2 hours ago, bookerman said:

Think young Dembele still eligible for the under 21, So would really expect him to get a call up for them in the next sqaud.

Oh and he speaks with a scottish accent, so scottish enough in my book 😉

Karamoko was involved with the under 17s today in a 1-0 win over Russia.