This Weekends Matches 2017/18 - Page 26 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This Weekends Matches 2017/18

15 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Saw the 2nd half of the game the other night. Considine is most definitely not a left back. 

I'd have thought Reynolds would've been the better option to shoe horn in at left back.

Quite happy for McInnes to tinker away for tomorrow.

17 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

I'd have thought Reynolds would've been the better option to shoe horn in at left back.

Have to say I thought Motherwell looked good. Bit worried for the semi now. ?

1 hour ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Have to say I thought Motherwell looked good. Bit worried for the semi now. ?

There hasn’t been a league game or cup game against our league teams in last season and a bit that I have been confident of winning. This one will be no different for me. 

11 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

Problem with Reynolds at left back is that it means there's even less of the pitch for him to have to try and keep his shin slice in play. 

11 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Saw the 2nd half of the game the other night. Considine is most definitely not a left back. 

Strange thing is that he's played there now for around 4 years and has been really good. When he first played there I thought it was going to be a disaster but he was arguably our best player for around two seasons. Not having Johnny Hayes in front of him is exposing him horridly. He's become the left back we all feared he could be......

3 hours ago, SMcoolJ said:

Strange thing is that he's played there now for around 4 years and has been really good. When he first played there I thought it was going to be a disaster but he was arguably our best player for around two seasons. Not having Johnny Hayes in front of him is exposing him horridly. He's become the left back we all feared he could be......

That's it really. Hayes was covering up the real Considine. 

Kind of exposes the true cost to Aberdeen. It'll be interesting to see how the game goes today. 

Not the best game ever televised, both teams didn't turn up at all.  Aberdeen took their chance and we didn't.  I can't say I'm going to lose sleep over dropping points at this stage in the league, since we'll have the chance to win them back soon enough, but the Cup game was certainly the one to win of the 2 played this week.  

50 minutes ago, BremnerLorimerGray said:

Not the best game ever televised, both teams didn't turn up at all.  Aberdeen took their chance and we didn't.  I can't say I'm going to lose sleep over dropping points at this stage in the league, since we'll have the chance to win them back soon enough, but the Cup game was certainly the one to win of the 2 played this week.  

Football never broke out at all today. I've seen better u13 games this season. 

The ball must have spent about 80%of the time in the air. 

I feel sorry for the paying punters who went along. 

6 hours ago, SMcoolJ said:

Pretty poor stuff.

Motherwell did such a good job of stopping Aberdeen play on Thursday, neither team really played today. Quite often the teams cancel each other out in the 2nd game of a double header.

Perhaps lacking a bit of the energy from the other night.

Stunning analysis at halftime, bt reported hat there had been a scuffle broken out at halftime between tait and christie, so tait was to receive a booking when he entered the pitch at the start of the 2nd half. 

Quick check on skybet and he was 5/1 to be booked, tenner on it incase the info was wrong, I didn't want to go in mob handed. Wish I put all of my account on it now :lol:

Game was shite too. 

1 hour ago, sbcmfc said:

Pretty poor stuff.

Motherwell did such a good job of stopping Aberdeen play on Thursday, neither team really played today. Quite often the teams cancel each other out in the 2nd game of a double header.

Perhaps lacking a bit of the energy from the other night.

My Gran was telling me just now that Motherwell are a bunch of hacking bastards. Considering she is 89 and spent 40 odd year following Junior football, i'm not sure what she has seen for her to make this deceleration.

5 hours ago, phart said:

My Gran was telling me just now that Motherwell are a bunch of hacking bastards. Considering she is 89 and spent 40 odd year following Junior football, i'm not sure what she has seen for her to make this deceleration.

She's been reading Parklife's posts about Keith Lasley.

:lol:

16 hours ago, phart said:

She sounds like a wise woman. 

15 hours ago, PASTA Mick said:

He has looked excellent in the very few games that I've seen him. What standard do you think could he play at now? 

From what I've seen of him, he's definitely capable of playing in the SPFL at pretty much any team bar Celtic. 

Also means he's more than good enough for a Championshipclub down south too. 

On 24/09/2017 at 2:35 PM, BremnerLorimerGray said:

On 24/09/2017 at 8:36 AM, SMcoolJ said:

17 hours ago, PASTA Mick said:

He has looked excellent in the very few games that I've seen him. What standard do you think could he play at now? 

Always a difficult one to answer as he can only rip the pish out of whatever is in front on him in the Championship. Maybe the best matches to judge him in are the Scotland U21 games. So far he’s had 2 caps and 2 motm awards. One of them being against The Netherlands.

I’m confident that he’d star in the English Championship, but I hope he will go even further. 

1 hour ago, RenfrewBlue said:

From what I've seen of him, he's definitely capable of playing in the SPFL at pretty much any team bar Celtic.

Also means he's more than good enough for a Championshipclub down south too.

I presume RB you mean that he might not be good enough to immediately get into Celtic's starting XI? If so I'd probably agree.

I think he's more than capable of "playing for Celtic" per se. In fact I'd be thoroughly disappointed if he ended up at any team in Scotland. For me he's too good to play in the SPFL. Upper echelons of the English Championship should be the bare minimum of his aspirations.

1 hour ago, Marky said:

For me he's too good to play in the SPFL. Upper echelons of the English Championship should be the bare minimum of his aspirations.

Celtic are far, far, far superior to any team in that league. 

3 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Surely teams such as Hibs, Hearts and Motherwell must be looking at Morgan ?

Don't let him go and rot in a Celtic or Rangers reserve team.

Sadly (although I do agree with them being there) with the development fees being set its really tough for the smaller scottish teams to pick up young players from other teams when they are out of contract due to the compensation due (and then also clubs dont have to accept tiny fees as they know roughly what they are due at the end of the contract)

Think it was a large factor in Craig Sibbald not getting a move from Falkirk when he was out of contract in the summer.